Next Game vs Calgary Here

USABomberfan

Well, how much must we pay the refs to allow the offensive line to get away with holding in this game?  Lol jk.

But one thing of note, Nichols has not yet beaten Calgary as a Bombers starter as he was resting up last year and noodle LeFevour was sucking out there.  Now seems as good a time as any to change that.

Calgary, as usual seems to be having the late season vacation again.  Hopefully they will stay on it for this game so we can clinch the playoff spot.

But on that note, I am not content to simply clinch a playoff spot.  We need to get 3rd in the West and not a crossover.  Our defense always stinks in Tim Hortons Field and TD Place, but if we go into Mosaic we will murder the Riders.  We need to seal the deal and have the WSF as us vs Regina so we can murder them on their home turf and cause their fans to choke on melons during the game.

Thing is..if we win out..and bc wins out then we would all be tied at 11-7 and relegated to a cross over spot..which is crazy with and 11-7 record

That being said we gotta win 2 games if we get in to get to cup anyway so dont care where it has to be played.

With the east u may get benefit of playing in better weather so shouldn't be a factor in a game and the distance to the east..vs the west for travel is really insignificant to be honest

Was Nichols resting up last season at the end or was he hurt ?  ........These last two games are Nichols chance to morph into a game changer as a QB,  and to lose the game manager moniker he has been labeled with in his career.  Game managing is really not enough to get a grey cup win........

47 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Was Nichols resting up last season at the end or was he hurt ?  ........These last two games are Nichols chance to morph into a game changer as a QB,  and to lose the game manager moniker he has been labeled with in his career.  Game managing is really not enough to get a grey cup win........

Do we really need to pull out his playoff stats for you yet again? Nichols wasn’t the reason we haven’t won in the playoffs.  Our defense was painfully bad. 

I have not felt positive going into any meaningful game against the Stamps in the last 5 years or so...but this time is different. We can win this game. In fact, I expect us to win. We are playing better than the Stamps right now. 

It's time Bombers, to take the next step in your progression on Friday, and really take it to the Stampeders.

43 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Do we really need to pull out his playoff stats for you yet again? Nichols wasn’t the reason we haven’t won in the playoffs.  Our defense was painfully bad. 

Absolutely no where in my post did I say Nichols was the reason we haven't won a playoff game to date.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I don't think that's quite what he meant.

I think most know Nichols doesn't necessarily put up those 300 yard 4 TD games, but as long as he's seeing the field well and keeping the offense on track, we got enough balance with the run game to make those numbers work.  Rather he just do his job than try to do too much.

My not wanting the crossover is because as to that defense, I'll actually give Richie Hall credit for getting into Collaros's head with how he attacks SSK's offense.  That is the one bright spot he has for this year.  But he still stinks at scheming against Masoli and Harris, so yeah, gotta hope our offense scores 40 or more to beat those guys.

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

I don't think that's quite what he meant.

I think most know Nichols doesn't necessarily put up those 300 yard 4 TD games, but as long as he's seeing the field well and keeping the offense on track, we got enough balance with the run game to make those numbers work.  Rather he just do his job than try to do too much.

My not wanting the crossover is because as to that defense, I'll actually give Richie Hall credit for getting into Collaros's head with how he attacks SSK's offense.  That is the one bright spot he has for this year.  But he still stinks at scheming against Masoli and Harris, so yeah, gotta hope our offense scores 40 or more to beat those guys.

Exactly......if our defence is not doing it's job then we need a QB who can change the game to his teams advantage......and not just keep "managing"

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, if the defense isn't doing its job, I'd say we need a new DC first lol

I totally understand that..... I was just speaking of being able to fix things during the game.  If we make the playoffs and are one and done again there may be a few new people in positions by the first game next year. 

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Sean Salisbury says hi.

8 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Plus, Mike Reilly & BLM are not available.

Seriously - who would people rather have? Johnny Manziel? Jeremiah Masoli? Trevor Harris?

Knowing it's not answering your question but If Nichols wasn't available for what ever reason I'd take Masoli. Watching him for sometime now he's grown on me. 

15 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Okay, you all have pointed out 5(?) grey cups that were won over what 30+ years ?........ by a "game managing" QB. ....Okay I will agree it can be done.  But I still really don't like the odds of it happening this year.

Here's some more information:

Many thought Henry Burris was done (myself included) - he won a GC in 2016

BLM & Reilly, as good as they have been, have only won one Championship each

Montreal: without the two Championships with Calvillo in the twilight of his career - the Als recent dynasty would have one GC win

My point?

It's a team game and it comes down to any given Sunday.