Game 10 : Maple Leaf Rag

17 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

I honestly don’t know who’s more annoying, Leafs fans or Riders fans?  They both pop up everywhere like a damned fungus and act like their fandom is better and worth more than others... playing like azz at home only makes it more insufferable really rips me up! 

Need more rye ~reaches for bottle~

For the most part I can handle the fans, it's more certain media supporters that are very hard to stomach. One of the first headings I see after this game was something to the effect of how the Leafs have now proven they are Stanley Cup Contenders. Whether that's a backhanded compliment to our Jets because the Leafs beat another Stanley Cup contender in ourselves and/or whether in fact they are legitimately a cup contender, it's how they report on the Leafs that makes me frustrated and want them to go 0-82. To check my hypocrisies, I'm sure some Winnipeg Jet Media supporters do the same thing but doesn't make it anymore bearable considering they receive more national attention then the Jets.      

25 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

For the most part I can handle the fans, it's more certain media supporters that are very hard to stomach. One of the first headings I see after this game was something to the effect of how the Leafs have now proven they are Stanley Cup Contenders. Whether that's a backhanded compliment to our Jets because the Leafs beat another Stanley Cup contender in ourselves and/or whether in fact they are legitimately a cup contender, it's how they report on the Leafs that makes me frustrated and want them to go 0-82. To check my hypocrisies, I'm sure some Winnipeg Jet Media supporters do the same thing but doesn't make it anymore bearable considering they receive more national attention then the Jets.      

I was listening to Jim Hughson go on about how Canadians from "coast to coast" have heard enough about the William Nylander saga and how they didn't need to hear that name anymore and I was just throwing up in my mouth.  Guess what, I've hardly heard anything about William Nylander because I rarely read any Leafs crap.  And I change the channel when Leafs crap comes on TV.  Just don't care.  Now if he played for Winnipeg, I'd know all about it.  But to assume that "coast to coast" Canadians have been inundated with William Nylander news is ridiculous.  Just such arrogance that we would even give a **** about William Nylander.

22 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was listening to Jim Hughson go on about how Canadians from "coast to coast" have heard enough about the William Nylander saga and how they didn't need to hear that name anymore and I was just throwing up in my mouth.  Guess what, I've hardly heard anything about William Nylander because I rarely read any Leafs crap.  And I change the channel when Leafs crap comes on TV.  Just don't care.  Now if he played for Winnipeg, I'd know all about it.  But to assume that "coast to coast" Canadians have been inundated with William Nylander news is ridiculous.  Just such arrogance that we would even give a **** about William Nylander.

Can't the Leafs force it to go to arb?

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yeah that was nuts... and they were just coming off a Jets segment I think - maybe about Eddie O?