Game 10 : Maple Leaf Rag

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

What is the deal with the massive slump by Ehlers?  I haven't been watching to much this season...  is the guy snake bit or has his play really been that bad?

I don't think he's playing that bad.  He just seems to really like shooting it right into the goalies' chests or pads.  Kind of like Buff and Perreault last year.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

All the more reason to call it BS. Piss on the league for doing this to appease NBC.

Could be NBC, also could be the fact that Ontario is the biggest fan base in the league, and so to attract the most viewers, they would want to have the game start at 7:00 pm Eastern.  I think this is a "Toronto" thing.  No other Eastern based team gets early starts doing the week like this, do they?  Montreal maybe?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Could be NBC, also could be the fact that Ontario is the biggest fan base in the league, and so to attract the most viewers, they would want to have the game start at 7:00 pm Eastern.  I think this is a "Toronto" thing.  No other Eastern based team gets early starts doing the week like this, do they?  Montreal maybe?

Yeah, it's really irritating.  Like nobody in Toronto would tune in if the game started at 8:00?

Screw the Winnipeg fans scrambling to get home from work and to the game on time.