Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown Poster

WHL Returning to Winnipeg?

I have to wonder if they're thinking of moving the Moose? It wasn't initially meant to be a long term solution but I'm not certain their minds have changed. I could see True North look to expand their brand to Stoon. 

I would be disappointed. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I have to wonder if they're thinking of moving the Moose? It wasn't initially meant to be a long term solution but I'm not certain their minds have changed. I could see True North look to expand their brand to Stoon. 

I would be disappointed. 

Wouls Saskatoon want them? The Blades have been there for decades. The place isn't big enough for both, 

On 2018-10-24 at 9:34 PM, Atomic said:

I believe Selkirk has a nice little arena although probably only 3000 seats or so.

Which is one thing that could help the WHL.  Players from the MJHL with hometown connections - people would drive in from outside the perimeter. 

On 2018-10-21 at 11:51 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's not going to be much money to go around if the Jets are consistent playoff participants.

To have the best of all three worlds - we need each team to languish in perpetual mediocrity. 

Super exciting news.  For any of you that haven't watched the dub, its great hockey.  The kids are not overpaid paycheck players, they play hard every night.  I really hope this happens

I kinda think the important question is can they draw more in Winnipeg (even as a third option) than they can in Cranbrook. Well the Cranbrook area is only 26K people. Sounds like they draw under 2,500 there, so hard not to think they can do better in Winnipeg.