Riders @ Stampeders

USABomberfan

10 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The Stamps have to be in a snarly mood after the loss to the Riders. This is not only a must-win game(duh) but will also give us a preview into to mindset of the Big Blue at this point in the season. Time to stock up on munchies for the game.

Lay off the weed and get on the scotch.

GO BLUE!

On 2018-10-24 at 4:02 PM, Stickem said:

Off topic is what happens when we go into football withdrawal when a bye occurs....But speaking on the off topic...I see a problem this generation and the one just after the boomers has, it's with credit...When I was in high school it was preached over and over again that if you don't have the cash...you don't buy it...Mind you saving was at least 'possible' in those days...I remember when I bought my first car with money I stuck away in a credit union account with my part time job...I know those days disappeared and  credit became readily available....and along with that the interest rate bonanza...I hate credit but I have to admit I did have a mortgage and to buy a house...even in my day...you needed a bank mortgage....Now it's on cars right down to the fridge in your house...clothing and beyond...I wished the young people today would 'try' to save and not be so willing to flash the credit card..Maybe it's got to the point where it's impossible to save now..and if that's the case this society sure as hell as regressed since my day 

The whole system has been "mismanaged with great skill", meaning, it's designed to keep you broke and enslaved. Very few ever find the way out. I had to do a lot of reading on the subject and had to unlearn a lot. I'll say this, it's not about saving because money depreciates too fast. It's about using money that isn't yours to build wealth in real assets. What a real asset is is another discussion.

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

The Stamps have to be in a snarly mood after the loss to the Riders. This is not only a must-win game(duh) but will also give us a preview into to mindset of the Big Blue at this point in the season. Time to stock up on munchies for the game.

I thought they were supposed to be in a snarly mood after the loss to BC....  so confused.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

The whole system has been "mismanaged with great skill", meaning, it's designed to keep you broke and enslaved. Very few ever find the way out. I had to do a lot of reading on the subject and had to unlearn a lot. I'll say this, it's not about saving because money depreciates too fast. It's about using money that isn't yours to build wealth in real assets. What a real asset is is another discussion.

You can now buy a new car with 84 & 96 month loans which is absolutely crazy. Imagine still paying off your car with 200,000 kms on it & it's falling apart? Not only do you have that $1,500 repair bill but a $350 a month bank payment with 24 payments left. People let themselves get into financial nightmares like that.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You can now buy a new car with 84 & 96 month loans which is absolutely crazy. Imagine still paying off your car with 200,000 kms on it & it's falling apart? Not only do you have that $1,500 repair bill but a $350 a month bank payment with 24 payments left. People let themselves get into financial nightmares like that.

<sarcasm>Thankfully repair jobs always go well too with mechanics never ripping people off.</sarcasm>