Riders @ Stampeders

USABomberfan

8 hours ago, 3rd & 1 said:

Just an FYI... the Neil Hughes shirt Jones is wearing and has been wearing all season is for a Regina player that played many years for the Green and white. 

Also it was GM\HC Chris Jones and President Chris Reynolds that made the call not only to bench Charleston Hughs but fine him the maximum. It all came down when the Riders received all of the information from the City Police. That takes time; No GM is going to make a benching call from what is reported by the media. 

There certainly was back lash from MADD which quite frankly there should be. Plus a local sports writer was pretty vocal. They too don’t realize that someone running a team has to wait for all the info, unlike those who can spend all day on the seriousness of the matter.

Sadly the League dosent have a policy regarding impaired driving. We can probably feel confident that Randy Ambrose will soon implement one. 

Thanks for the info regarding Neil Hughes - I can not remember who he was and why was chosen. Can you fill in the blanks for me? The name sounds familiar just can not place it.

6 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

In my experiences so far it's more the fans that are closer to 77 who are harder to keep in check.  Their thinking is just so outdated,  and when they don't understand something that is posted they jump to the "troll" comments. 

Clearly your thinking supports ageism, which is prohibited in defined circumstances by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. But you never have come across as smart. 

5 hours ago, 3rd & 1 said:

Ya I see your point Northern Skunk. Some of the older fans are set in their ways. They can not accept that the other fan base can be just as or even more intelligent than themselves. 

That makes absolutely no sense. Age has nothing to do with stupidity  Proof in point is when your fanbase shows up here for the most part the IQ level is between 0-5 for the dumb asses between 20-45 years of age.

4 hours ago, BBRT said:

Thanks for the info regarding Neil Hughes - I can not remember who he was and why was chosen. Can you fill in the blanks for me? The name sounds familiar just can not place it.

Played 11 years with riders. FB.  Won 2 cups with us.  He is born and raised in Regina, is Metis. He is our diversity ambassador. Don't quote me on this part but believe he is a schools teacher now

13 hours ago, Rod Black said:

And you wonder why your called a troll. 

You personally attack me .....and then you call me a troll ?  Too funny.

14 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Oh I know.  But you millennials need to learn to figure things out for yourself.  Can't always have the answer handed to you.

I checked it out, I am not a millennial. 

On 2018-10-21 at 9:17 PM, Eternal optimist said:

The league record for most non-offensive touchdowns during the regular season is 15 by the 1987 BC Lions... the Riders currently have 13 non-offensive touchdowns (9 defensive, 1 punt return and 3 kick returns) this year. Those same 1987 BC Lions also set the record for most defensive touchdowns in the regular season (11). So for a team that's close to the league record for TDs by their defense, I think the allegation that they have been lucky is very much warranted.

Based on your stats here... I wouldn't go with lucky.... i would say they are propped up by 2 or their three phases... Defense wins championships (that's still true today)... but you have to score some on offense...

16 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

When were millennials born ?..... I don't think I am one of them....

I believe it's around 1983-1995... or something along those lines.... most old people just associate everyone under 30 as a "millennial"... which is fairly inaccurate

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

Based on your stats here... I wouldn't go with lucky.... i would say they are propped up by 2 or their three phases... Defense wins championships (that's still true today)... but you have to score some on offense...

I believe it's around 1983-1995... or something along those lines.... most old people just associate everyone under 30 as a "millennial"... which is fairly inaccurate

Those dates definitly show that I am not a millennial,  thanks.  

21 hours ago, 3rd & 1 said:

Ya I see your point Northern Skunk. Some of the older fans are set in their ways. They can not accept that the other fan base can be just as or even more intelligent than themselves. 

Usually you can pick out the juvenile ones by their expressions. Good examples are..... “Book it” after their comment. Or even when a team is doing fairly well in the standings they might say the competing team “Sucks”                    I think the most juvenile comments are when they move away from comments about the team or the game itself. Trying to make it more personal.

I always chuckle when they bring up words like “Farm” and think that it’s a nasty word or profession  . Anyone that is embarrassed about a type of profession that feeds the Family, the City and possibly the Country.  Really needs to grow up. A Bomber fan in here was knocking the Riders after they released Duron Carter. Calling Mosaic a shithole and a farm. I replied saying something like... talk about a hippo calling the pig fat! Here are the top 10 exports of Manitoba  he really missed it on that comment  

top 10 Manitoba exports  

1. Canola and Products
2. Pork and Products
3. Wheat and Flour
4. Potatoes and Products

5. Soybeans and Products

6. Live Swine
7. Oats and Products

8. Total Live Cattle

9. Barley and Malt

10. Dried Peas

back the truck up...you just showed numbers reflecting agricultural exports....cant cherry pick statistics to validate an argument...no way in Hades do any of what you claimed was the top export total the $$ value of this...but nice try...you still chuckling???...I know I am

The mining and petroleum industries make up the largest primary resource industry of Manitoba’s economy. The 2017 value of mining and petroleum production totalled $2.5 billion (preliminary estimate), comprising

In 2017, the mining and petroleum industries accounted for approximately 3.3% of the province's nominal GDP (basic prices) and 2.5% of international exports of goods. Capital expenditures on mining and petroleum development in 2017 totalled an estimated $537.5 million. Manitoba’s mining and petroleum industries directly employed approximately 6,200 people in 2017a.

In 2017, Manitoba producedb:

• 39.2% of Canada's zinc
  • 10.9% of Canada's nickel
  • 6.6% of Canada's copper
  • 2.7% of Canada's gold
  • 11.6% of Canada's silver
Edited by Booch

Baby Boomers were born between 1946 and 1964. They grew up in a healthy, post-war economy in which abundance, hard work, and the nuclear family were the norm. 

The Generation X-ers were born between 1965 and 1980, raised by parents, who lived to work and sacrificed much for the company. Children were frequently left alone to self-care or with siblings to accomplish assigned “to do” lists. Also, the term blended family was coined and living in one became a norm.

Generation Y or Millennials were born between 1981 and 2000. They were raised by helicopter parents in the empowerment era where everybody won and everybody received a trophy. Permissiveness and changes in core values and communication skills became distinctive. An unparalleled standard of supervised education plus computers, internet, networking, and constant electronic connection became their norm.

I

32 minutes ago, Ripper said:

The Generation X-ers were born between 1965 and 1980, raised by parents, who lived to work and sacrificed much for the company. Children were frequently left alone to self-care or with siblings to accomplish assigned “to do” lists. Also, the term blended family was coined and living in one became a norm.

omfg.  That's why I am always writing these ridiculous 'to do' lists... ha