Riders @ Stampeders

USABomberfan

Ya know guys I hate to say it, I’m reading a lot of these posts and I see a little bit of double standard going on.

lets face it, at the beginning of the season we laughed at  rod person for hyping up the riders and placing the bombers at the middle of the pack. 

We were all confident Chris Jones was a maniac, we thought he would be fired and it was the worst thing since joe Mack. 

Now here we are, behind the riders in the standings. If rolls were reversed and riders  fans were calling us lucky, trashing us, and completely losing class (which they often do) we would be saying what shitty fans they are.

The riders are pretty good. I think we can beat them but we haven’t proved a ****** thing or even clinched the playoffs yet.

Let’s keep the respect of the league as Bomber fans but also Winnipegers. There are a lot of bomber fans bringing us down a level class wise here....

Edited by CodyT

9 minutes ago, CodyT said:

lets face it, at the beginning of the season we laughed at  rod person for hyping up the riders and placing the bombers at the middle of the pack. 

but here's the thing, the only reason the Riders are ahead of the Bombers is because they were fortunate enough to get 2 game against the Bombers in the midst of Matt Nichols slump. Nichols is his usual self those games and not the brain dead turn over machine he was for about a month then we're comfortably ahead of them and probably challenging for first in the league. 

17 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Now here we are, behind the riders in the standings. If rolls were reversed and riders  fans were calling us lucky, trashing us, and completely losing class (which they often do) we would be saying what shitty fans they are.

The league record for most non-offensive touchdowns during the regular season is 15 by the 1987 BC Lions... the Riders currently have 13 non-offensive touchdowns (9 defensive, 1 punt return and 3 kick returns) this year. Those same 1987 BC Lions also set the record for most defensive touchdowns in the regular season (11). So for a team that's close to the league record for TDs by their defense, I think the allegation that they have been lucky is very much warranted.

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

but here's the thing, the only reason the Riders are ahead of the Bombers is because they were fortunate enough to get 2 game against the Bombers in the midst of Matt Nichols slump. Nichols is his usual self those games and not the brain dead turn over machine he was for about a month then we're comfortably ahead of them and probably challenging for first in the league. 

Hey, I agree no doubt about it. If Kevin Glenn played in 07’ we’d have a grey cup too. We should have won those games, we should have won the game early in the season against B.C. too. But we didn’t and it all counts.

anyways my hunch is we meet them again in the semis. Don’t want to jinx anything but I like our chances

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

The league record for most non-offensive touchdowns during the regular season is 15 by the 1987 BC Lions... the Riders currently have 13 non-offensive touchdowns (9 defensive, 1 punt return and 3 kick returns) this year. Those same 1987 BC Lions also set the record for most defensive touchdowns in the regular season (11). So for a team that's close to the league record for TDs by their defense, I think the allegation that they have been lucky is very much warranted.

I also don’t disagree with you. I think the riders have been lucky, or fortunate. Whatever you want to call it.

my post is only to try and condemn people from speaking without any class or intellect . I’m not even calling anyone out in particular, was just an observation 

Edited by CodyT

30 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I also don’t disagree with you. I think the riders have been lucky, or fortunate. Whatever you want to call it.

my post is only to try and condemn people from speaking without any class or intellect . I’m not even calling anyone out in particular, was just an observation 

Absolutely, it is no different than how without fail there are always idiots that cheer when a player from the visiting team gets hurt at IGF. Even if it is a Riders player - that is still a human being who suffered an injury in a violent sport... no place for that kind of behavior.

9 hours ago, TheBandit said:

I really could careless what he says. However, his senseless comment of swearing all the time and not providing decent conversation is annoying. All he ever mentions is the toilet bowl stadium and how the riders are lucky. Provides no other content. I’m not expecting anyone to accept anything I say about the riders or bombers, just try to have a normal conversation without senseless swearing. His comments are embarrassing to other bomber fans. 

Just because you keep saying this, doesnt make true..  that's not how that works.  that's not how any of this works. 

I mean ffs dood you are on a bomber site arguing semantics against a bomber fan.  I'm amazed it's got this far. 

4 hours ago, CodyT said:

Ya know guys I hate to say it, I’m reading a lot of these posts and I see a little bit of double standard going on.

We were all confident Chris Jones was a maniac, we thought he would be fired and it was the worst thing since joe Mack. 

The riders are pretty good. I think we can beat them but we haven’t proved a ****** thing or even clinched the playoffs yet.

Let’s keep the respect of the league as Bomber fans but also Winnipegers. There are a lot of bomber fans bringing us down a level class wise here....

You dont see the antagonistic slants to a great many of thebandit and 3 and 1s posts??

I mean you'd have to be blind to not see the agenda here lol.  

11 hours ago, CodyT said:

First, rod didnt put the bombers middle of the pac...he put them dead last. He also said the riders would be 18-0 with collars...he's an idiot. And should be treated as such.

Second, I dont care, and never will care what any rider fan thinks of me or the bombers. They can all go to hell.

Riders suck!!!!

On 2018-10-20 at 5:00 PM, Fraser said:

Classy move be benching Charleston Hughes. Too bad it sounds like front office/ the league had to mandate it.

Edit* Jones is wearing a Hughes shirt. What an idiot.

Just an FYI... the Neil Hughes shirt Jones is wearing and has been wearing all season is for a Regina player that played many years for the Green and white. 

Also it was GM\HC Chris Jones and President Chris Reynolds that made the call not only to bench Charleston Hughs but fine him the maximum. It all came down when the Riders received all of the information from the City Police. That takes time; No GM is going to make a benching call from what is reported by the media. 

There certainly was back lash from MADD which quite frankly there should be. Plus a local sports writer was pretty vocal. They too don’t realize that someone running a team has to wait for all the info, unlike those who can spend all day on the seriousness of the matter.

Sadly the League dosent have a policy regarding impaired driving. We can probably feel confident that Randy Ambrose will soon implement one. 

Edited by 3rd & 1

1 minute ago, 3rd & 1 said:

Just an FYI... the Neil Hughes shirt Jones is wearing and has been wearing all season is for a Regina player that played many years for the Green and white. 

Also it was GM\HC Chris Jones and President Chris Reynolds that made the call not only to bench Charleston Hughs but fine him the maximum. It all came down when the Riders received all of the information from the City Police. That takes one; No GM is going to make a call from what is reported by the media. 

There certainly was back lash from MADD which there should be. Plus a local sports writer was pretty vocal. They don’t realize that someone running a team has to wait for all the info  unlike those who can spend all day on the seriousness of the matter  

Sadly the League dosent have a policy regarding impaired driving. We can probably feel confident that Randy Ambrose will soon implement one. 

Good points.

I would like to see league implement a strong policy against impaired driving. 

Every team deals with these issues. 

JCon you are 100% correct in that all teams deal with this messy stuff. The League needs to step up and make it clear this is not going to be tolerated. 

Can you imagine how many players in the large centres have quietly gone about their business without any repercussions after being charged with D.U.I. Only because of the fish bowl effect the Riders have here in Regina. Plus the status of the player brought all of this to the forefront. 

Not to mention one of the largest sponsors of the green team is SGI. that being the insurance company for all of SK road vehicles.  The Riders get behind SGI and promote the safe ride home program. Along with many other anti Drinking and Driving campaign’s. So no matter what I don’t believe there would have been any way for Jones to truly allow Charleston to play.  I’m hoping it’s a 1 game suspension and be made to speak at as many SGI anti driving campaigns as possible. As Humans we make mistakes and need to be accountable. Yet I don’t want the man to lose his livelihood because of it. Had someone been injured than of course he would be finished. Sitting out the most important game of the year and a chance to play in front of his old fans took its toll. 

On a different topic... Come on Bombers beat those Stamps next game. Put them on a 3 game losing skid! Except Calgary; we all know what that feels like. Let them feel that anguish! 

Just now, 3rd & 1 said:

JCon you are 100% correct in that all teams deal with this messy stuff. The League needs to step up and make it clear this is not going to be tolerated. 

Can you imagine how many players in the large centres have quietly gone about their business without any repercussions after being charged with D.U.I. Only because of the fish bowl effect the Riders have here in Regina. Plus the status of the player brought all of this to the forefront. 

Not to mention one of the largest sponsors of the green team is SGI. that being the insurance company for all of SK road vehicles.  The Riders get behind SGI and promote the safe ride home program. Along with many other anti Drinking and Driving campaign’s. So no matter what I don’t believe there would have been any way for Jones to truly allow Charleston to play.  I’m hoping it’s a 1 game suspension and be made to speak at as many SGI anti driving campaigns as possible. As Humans we make mistakes and need to be accountable. Yet I don’t want the man to lose his livelihood because of it. Had someone been injured than of course he would be finished. Sitting out the most important game of the year and a chance to play in front of his old fans took its toll. 

On a different topic... Come on Bombers beat those Stamps next game. Put them on a 3 game losing skid! Except Calgary; we all know what that feels like. Let them feel that anguish! 

It looks bad on the league. Really, the team relies on the police informing them of the arrests. I'm not sure that if Hughes was an Argo and this happened in TO, if anything different would have happened. Team still would have needed to suspend him. The schadenfreude would have been lower though. 😉

And, we're going to beat Calgary for us. Not for you. Riders can kiss my butt. I want you to get no joy in us beating the Stamps, cause we're coming for you soon! 

14 hours ago, CodyT said:

Hey Cody T. Good post! I know exactly what you mean. Sadly it dosent matter how hard decent, respectful Bomber fans try or the same for Rider fans to try and keep the fan base in check. To me the best comments from any fan base are those that are made with common sense. The Bombers and Riders have great support from their fan base and the fans that comment on social media are anywhere from 11 to 77. So it’s harder to keep the young juvenile fans in check. They are going to be pretty darn rough. Plus a lot of the fans make ridiculous comments because they are uninformed. As I stated in an earlier comment. The 31-0 shellacking the Bombers gave the Riders came about due to being totally unprepared. Not due to laziness or poor coaching. Bomber fans don’t know the circumstances leading up to that game. Riders played Thanksgiving Monday. Barely squeaked by the EE. Then the players had their league Manditory 2 days off. So there goes Tue & Wed with no practised. Then Practise “only once” on Thursday, fly to Winnipeg on Friday, play Saturday. Those circumstances were a perfect combination for a beat down which we all saw happened! No excuses, they should have been better far more prepared. Their is a positive on that beat down. That is the lesson learned from lack of preparation.  To rebound and beat the team with the best record in their own back yard. Plus take the 3 game series!

2 hours ago, JCon said:

It looks bad on the league. Really, the team relies on the police informing them of the arrests. I'm not sure that if Hughes was an Argo and this happened in TO, if anything different would have happened. Team still would have needed to suspend him. The schadenfreude would have been lower though. 😉

And, we're going to beat Calgary for us. Not for you. Riders can kiss my butt. I want you to get no joy in us beating the Stamps, cause we're coming for you soon! 

I hope the Western Semi final is between the Riders and the Bombers. So bring it on; Rider fans have been waiting since 2013 for a play off game in SK. 

JCon I would suggest most CFL fans are going to get enjoyment out of any team beating the Stamps. They have been the King of the regular season for well over a decade. It’s natural to want to see the top dog that’s been there a long time fall to those under them. Then in this case it helps not just the Bombers, it helps the Riders too. Of course SK needs to beat a hot streaking BC team!

I understand you not wanting any enjoyment of any kind going to Rider fans for a Bomber accomplishment. I get that. However I can kind of remember many years ago when Bomber fans were praying for a SK victory in order to put the Bombers into post season play.

Depending on the games this coming weekend. Believe it or not the rolls may be reversed and Bomber fans may in fact be looking for the Riders to help out the Bombers. A Riders Victory May be needed in order for the Bombers to get third place, heck maybe even 2nd place. If that is to take place, I’d be just fine with Bomber fans getting enjoyment out of a Rider Victory. My aging personality is kinda like old Red on Shawshank Redemption. Enjoyment should be felt by all.  

I lived on the West Coast for 7 years. 1998 - 2005.   If charged with Impared driving, a BC Lions player could remain silent on the issue. Then easily play through the whole ordeal. The Police there or in Toronto are not going to inform the league or the team about a DUI arrest. Simply because they don’t know that person is employed by a professional sports franchise. 

Last but not least. If the Riders don’t win their 3rd Grey Cup of this new Millenia. Then I would like to see the Bombers take it all and win their 1st of this Millenia. 

That last paragraph above reads like a burn... but that was not the intention.  

24 minutes ago, 3rd & 1 said:

The Bombers and Riders have great support from their fan base and the fans that comment on social media are anywhere from 11 to 77. So it’s harder to keep the young juvenile fans in check. 

In my experiences so far it's more the fans that are closer to 77 who are harder to keep in check.  Their thinking is just so outdated,  and when they don't understand something that is posted they jump to the "troll" comments. 

3 hours ago, 3rd & 1 said:

Incorrect.  He wore his traditional black gear until week 11 when he switched for the Diversity is Strength campaign.

Edited by bigg jay

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Incorrect.  He wore his traditional black gear until week 11 when he switched for the Diversity is Strength campaign.

You are 100% correct Big Jay. All I meant is that Jones wasn’t wearing it in support of a Player that was just charged with DUI as some were thinking  

to add to your comment. The players insisted he continue to wear it because it brought good luck. That is until they were Molli Whopped in Winnipeg a couple weeks ago. 

37 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

In my experiences so far it's more the fans that are closer to 77 who are harder to keep in check.  Their thinking is just so outdated,  and when they don't understand something that is posted they jump to the "troll" comments. 

spoken like a true millennial!   You do your generation proud.

23 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Ya I see your point Northern Skunk. Some of the older fans are set in their ways. They can not accept that the other fan base can be just as or even more intelligent than themselves. 

Usually you can pick out the juvenile ones by their expressions. Good examples are..... “Book it” after their comment. Or even when a team is doing fairly well in the standings they might say the competing team “Sucks”                    I think the most juvenile comments are when they move away from comments about the team or the game itself. Trying to make it more personal.

I always chuckle when they bring up words like “Farm” and think that it’s a nasty word or profession  . Anyone that is embarrassed about a type of profession that feeds the Family, the City and possibly the Country.  Really needs to grow up. A Bomber fan in here was knocking the Riders after they released Duron Carter. Calling Mosaic a shithole and a farm. I replied saying something like... talk about a hippo calling the pig fat! Here are the top 10 exports of Manitoba  he really missed it on that comment  

top 10 Manitoba exports  

1. Canola and Products
2. Pork and Products
3. Wheat and Flour
4. Potatoes and Products

5. Soybeans and Products

6. Live Swine
7. Oats and Products

8. Total Live Cattle

9. Barley and Malt

10. Dried Peas