Bombers sign Geoff Gray to a 3 year deal

bigg jay

I'll go for the right word right off the bat....PHENOMINAL ….a huge talent for the O line...Don't know who he pushes out but with the talent and size this guy possesses we have to get him on board somehow...Couture may be the odd man out but that's not a certainty...Have to trust Walters has the plan man

I think Gray's going to fit right in:

“I am very excited to be joining the Winnipeg Blue Bombers,” said Gray. “I look forward to being able to play at home in front of family and friends. It is rare to be able to play professional football where you grew up, and in the same stadium with many fond memories from university football.”

39 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This will help come this year of Free Agency...  I assume we lose Chungh ....  I can't see Hardrick leaving...  the guy loves it here and shouldn't command that much of a big salary.

We can find ways to shed salary if we need to ante up for Chung.  He’s going to be right up there with Adam Bighill.  Teams generally don’t let good young Canadian lineman make it to free agency. Even if we need to move on from Bryant and Neufeld it would be worth it.

Just now, Colin Unger said:

The key is not letting it get to that point.

But he may be interested in listening to what BC has to say. Not sure about his personal life but I would imagine going "home" is appealing. He must look at players like Harris and Demski who are enjoying home cooking. 

Just now, JCon said:

But he may be interested in listening to what BC has to say. Not sure about his personal life but I would imagine going "home" is appealing. He must look at players like Harris and Demski who are enjoying home cooking. 

It’s hard to say without knowing his personal situation. Coaching is also a factor.  Players like to play for coach O’Shea. Harris has his daughter in Winnipeg.  In the case of Demski I think it had as much to do with the role he would have in Winnipeg’s offence than anything. 

Chung could have gone home if he wanted to but re-upped to stay put... no reason to think he wouldn't do so again.  The CBA expiring will be a bigger factor in re-signing him (and others), more so than the appeal of playing at home.

Edited by bigg jay
Terrible grammar

12 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Chungh is easily a bigger priority than Bighill. It’s not even close. 

Normally I'd agree with you with an NI VS Import but Bighill has been that damn good of a player for us. He makes a difference every play and makes everyone around him better. So when you say it's not even close, I don't think that's true. In fact, Chungh and Bighill will likely get similar salary. And if that's not a gauge of importance to the team, I'm not sure what is

Gotta think they are two of our top free agents. We must sign both

Edited by BBlink

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Normally I'd agree with you with an NI VS Import but Bighill has been that damn good of a player for us. He makes a difference every play and makes everyone around him better. So when you say it's not even close, I don't think that's true. In fact, Chungh and Bighill will likely get similar salary. And if that's not a gauge of importance to the team, I'm not sure what is

Gotta think they are two of our top free agents. We must sign both

Bighill is also 30 and despite our struggles to find them in the past, import MLBs are easier to find than high end Canadian linemen.