Bombers sign Geoff Gray to a 3 year deal

bigg jay

they will...when do you ever see quality Canadian O-lineman hit open market??...very rare...they may wait till last minute to sign, but they will...Unless they really want to go home for whatever reason...ala Labatte...but he is a Flatlander so he didn't know any better

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

they will...when do you ever see quality Canadian O-lineman hit open market??...very rare...they may wait till last minute to sign, but they will...Unless they really want to go home for whatever reason...ala Labatte...but he is a Flatlander so he didn't know any better

I like your optimism. But I also know that they're trying to make a few things work, like fitting in Bighill. 

well he fit in this year at 185k...and will prob take only an additional 25..30k to resign him...so you don't resign Dressler at his 130k or more he is making and use the remaining 100k or so to re-up Chungh..Goose and Bryant..and still have a bit left...easy peasy fits just nicely

9 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Agreed.. I could see us with our own “Canadian Air Force”. 

Its crazy how much our Canadian recievers have improved over the course of a year.

oh no - it's already catching on - I've created a self-fulfilling prophecy!! Rod Black is in Toronto salivating right now....all we need is to add Brandon Bridge and we'll have "Air Canada" throwing to the "Canadian Air Force".  Duane Forde better not eat at least three hours before game time...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, Booch said:

well he fit in this year at 185k...and will prob take only an additional 25..30k to resign him...so you don't resign Dressler at his 130k or more he is making and use the remaining 100k or so to re-up Chungh..Goose and Bryant..and still have a bit left...easy peasy fits just nicely

Plus 60k to replace Dressler’s roster spot, even if it’s a rookie backfilling for guys moving up the depth chart.

On 2018-10-16 at 1:16 PM, Mike said:

I think Oliviera is a heck of a talent, but let's be realistic, he's not even close to a NFL caliber back.

It will definitely be a huge challenge for him. There are so many new drafted and UDFA running backs in the NFL each year. Be interesting to see if he gets an NFL Combine invitation. Long shot I think. More likely has a UND pro day, maybe skips the CFL Combine. I'd like to see him do the CFL Combine. As others have stated, I think he'd be a beast from a testing perspective. As a Winnipegger, I'd love to see him get an NFL shot, but, I'd also love to see him on the Blue. 

I hope our successor to Harris is an import...we just are lucky to have a National of his calibre play that spot..so we adjusted our roster accordingly.. but it's not ideal...you see when he gets dinged or goes out how the drop off is...severe.

Also if we want to keep that ratio if he is out extended time..well it would affect us in several positions to make it work..and most likely making us we weaker as a whole.

I hope our next feature back is an import 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Get rid of Okpalaugo and his high price tag. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I can't see that. Chris Jones was the one that cut him and players have pride. Also Jones doesn't really care for small receivers - I doubt he even wants Dress, tbh

I think he meant a sign and retire type scenario..

Or maybe he meant a year deal but I'd think if that was the case then ya Jones wouldn't be on board for that.