Bombers sign Geoff Gray to a 3 year deal

bigg jay

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Key words "high school"

He wouldn't last half a season as a feature back...and if did he would be majorly ineffective...his best role is what we have him in now..A Chris Drury/hybrid slot/back who can also play outside.

I think when all said in done...in next couple years our top 2 Canadian receivers will be Woli and Simonese...and I am pretty certain Woli is going to overtake Sinopoli as the best Canadian one in the league...if he wasn't majorly ignored in the first 3-4 games once Nichols came back I bet he would be sniffing at 1000 yards by season end...if not already

I'd also not be opposed to a transition of Harris to a role like Demski with a bit more run heavy use than Demski sees and incorporate a explosive import as our feature back...using Dresslers roster spot...

A lineup as it sits now with Adams and Thompkins, with Woli and Demski as the national receivers and Harris and an import sharing/coming out of the back field together would be hard to handle...and thats not even considering if we land a stud receiver to push..or supplant one of Adams or Thompkins

Not sure what you see in Simonise but I don't see him panning out, he's all arms and legs (Aaron Kelly) and doesn't seem to have the physical presence needed to be effective in today's game.  I could be wrong but I'd hold onto Petermann, Wolitarsky and Demski and pair them up with the best two imports they can find, as long as LaPo is running the show.  Forgotten man is Matt Coates who will probably catch on with another team once healthy.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not sure what you see in Simonise but I don't see him panning out, he's all arms and legs (Aaron Kelly) and doesn't seem to have the physical presence needed to be effective in today's game.  I could be wrong but I'd hold onto Petermann, Wolitarsky and Demski and pair them up with the best two imports they can find, as long as LaPo is running the show.  Forgotten man is Matt Coates who will probably catch on with another team once healthy.

Just out of curiosity, what is your opinion of Simonise based on? Seems pretty wild to be that down on a guy who comes with the background he has, especially as a Canadian.

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Name to consider also with Bombers having multiple first rounders is Brady Oliveria RB from Winnipeg playing at UND.

He definitely looks like a talent, and having another Oak Park grad running back on the Blue would be cool. Looks like he's going to give the NFL a shot first though. Not sure he'll be drafted in the NFL, but, any CFL team will likely have to wait until after he explores the UDFA market in the NFL. 

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/amateur/fighting-hawk-has-eye-on-nfl-493358271.html

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your opinion of Simonise based on? Seems pretty wild to be that down on a guy who comes with the background he has, especially as a Canadian.

especially one who has had probably less than 5 passes thrown to him

5 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

He definitely looks like a talent, and having another Oak Park grad running back on the Blue would be cool. Looks like he's going to give the NFL a shot first though. Not sure he'll be drafted in the NFL, but, any CFL team will likely have to wait until after he explores the UDFA market in the NFL. 

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/amateur/fighting-hawk-has-eye-on-nfl-493358271.html

I think Oliviera is a heck of a talent, but let's be realistic, he's not even close to a NFL caliber back.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Mostly from what he has shown this season, which isn't much.  Admittedly I have not seen a lot of footage of him in other locations, so I could be wrong.  Bird in the hand scenario, I'm happy with the 3 Natl. receivers that have produced and shown more promise and don't see room for 4.  Long list of Natl. receivers across the league that never evolve beyond promise (Bailey, Chambers, etc.) also influences my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Mostly from what he has shown this season, which isn't much.  Admittedly I have not seen a lot of footage of him in other locations, so I could be wrong.  Bird in the hand scenario, I'm happy with the 3 Natl. receivers that have produced and shown more promise and don't see room for 4.  Long list of Natl. receivers across the league that never evolve beyond promise (Bailey, Chambers, etc.) also influences my opinion.

He's caught every ball that has been thrown his way, according to CFL.ca

He's been a very key contributor in other packages, including our punt cover team

Not really sure what more you could ask of a receiver. And before you play the "Peterman has jumped him on the depth chart" card, they don't play the same spot. Simonise plays WR and right now, we have two starting WRs that have yet to miss a game this year.

He's been great on teams..works hard..caught his 3 balls...also roasted one of best cover corners in the CFL earlier this year...he is no leaner or ganglier really than Adam's.. CArter..teeny weeny Chris William's or Banks...

He also was in an NFL camp and did well and would have stuck around if not for his PED incident...Peterman and Demski woukdn't and didnt even garner any serious consideration 

Simonese from what I seen looks like the best of the lot. Gotta remember too he has been out of football  for 2 yr as pretty much too

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

He's caught every ball that has been thrown his way, according to CFL.ca

He's been a very key contributor in other packages, including our punt cover team

Not really sure what more you could ask of a receiver. And before you play the "Peterman has jumped him on the depth chart" card, they don't play the same spot. Simonise plays WR and right now, we have two starting WRs that have yet to miss a game this year.

No problem, as long as Simonese is comparable to the best 2 import receivers they can field.  I see Petermann as Dressler's best replacement and Wolitarsky fitting in wherever needed, slot or WR.

Wolitarsky next year is going to be the main slot guy (national one)

No its ands or buts about that..he earned his stripes on boundary this year..and actually is already being eased into inside use.

Peterman shows grit..but not sold on his reliability yet..has had some bad drops..one crucial and at times when not primary receiver it looks like he isnt giving it 100 percent

Either way though. With him...Simonese..Woli..Harris and if we resign Demski we have a nice group of Canadian skill position players

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think Simonese is going to light **** up next year. Him and Wolly are going to be a force!

Agreed...hes just learning to be a pro this year and get back into the swing of things..and doing what's asked..and doing it well. If used properly next year he can become a real mismatch nightmare...also if anyone could score on us we can see him return a kick too..other than the one he muffed

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

:I think Simonese is going to light **** up next year. Him and Wolly are going to be a force!

I can just hear the play-call next year when Peterman, Simonese and Woli are all catching passes for big yardage in a game...

Rod Black - "boy Duane the Bombers "Canadian Air Force" is putting on a show today!!!"  

Duane Ford (stifling a groan and possibly vomit too):  "Yeah Rod, the Bombers really have some talented Canadian receivers that they built through the draft.  Kudos to GM Kyle Walters". 

Rod Black: "none of them hold a candle to Samuel Giguere though.  What a physical specimen!"

Duane Ford mumbling: "I can't, I just can't anymore..." (sounds of man vomiting violently)...

Rod Black: Well Duane down to the sidelines to Sara Orlesky where she has an update....Sara, any chance you can talk to Sam Giguere?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

9 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I agree. I think Petermann steps up & becomes a solid contributor at slotback. I haven't seen anything from Simonise that tells me he'll overtake Petermann & be a starter anytime soon. 

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree. I think Petermann steps up & becomes a solid contributor at slotback. I haven't seen anything from Simonise that tells me he'll overtake Petermann & be a starter anytime soon. 

Petermann should end up as our Field WR... guy has speed to burn and abused everyone at the combine - Walters got a steal

Adams-Wolitarsky-Demski-Thompkins-Petermann/Simonise

That's a solid ratio breaking line up next year...  I predict both Woli and Demski go over 1000 yards (assuming we don't have a four game QB slump again)

9 hours ago, Jaxon said:

Big NO THANKS to that.

I'd rather see Olivera (UND) or Taylor (Western) come in.   (I know, Taylor is still Edmonton property, but he's way better than Lyles)

Lyles is not a guy I’d take a risk on with a high pick.  Olivieira is a beast with the brain and work ethic to match.  Lyles can barely stay on a team for a full season.  Olivieira is going to beat most of the linemen in strength drills and run like a receiver.

53 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lyles is not a guy I’d take a risk on with a high pick.  Olivieira is a beast with the brain and work ethic to match.  Lyles can barely stay on a team for a full season.  Olivieira is going to beat most of the linemen in strength drills and run like a receiver.

Lyles missed one year for the Bisons because he was academically ineligible, I’m not sure how that equates to “can barely stay on a team for a full season”.