Bombers sign Geoff Gray to a 3 year deal

bigg jay

26 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I’d need to get my head around not having one or both warriors on the team. Now, that you mention it....it’s certainly possible. I’m figuring Weston Dressler may have to pack it in. I’m prepared for that. He takes a heck of a beating. 

Randle and Leggett were outstanding. But  I would be surprised to see them both back as well. Leggett was never the same from his injury, and Randle went from lock down corner to simply just ok. Weston still produces admirably. You know him and Nichols have chemistry but you also know he won’t ever play 18 games anymore. 

32 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Randle and Leggett were outstanding. But  I would be surprised to see them both back as well. Leggett was never the same from his injury, and Randle went from lock down corner to simply just ok. Weston still produces admirably. You know him and Nichols have chemistry but you also know he won’t ever play 18 games anymore. 

Randle sure seems to still be a lock down corner lately...  he's got some pretty good chemistry with Sayles 

9 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I could see this yesterday. But with Gray in the mix now, I'd make Bighill the bigger priority. Chungh is a close #2 though.

I have to say I agree with you.  We are far better at drafting and developing Canadian offensive lineman than scouting and developing "beast mode" middle linebackers. Having said that I'd greatly prefer to trade Neufeld in the offseason and re-sign Chung to a long term deal. But if we did lose him we'd be fine. We would just draft another offensive lineman with our pick or BC's. We are already in a position where there aren't really jobs open for Canadians on the offensive line or receiving core and it's hard to see us using either of our first round picks at those positions unless Chung moves on. The Canadian talent on this team is as good as i've seen it since i started following this team in 1989. Having said all this Chung is still high priority. But if he comes back we are probably in a situation where we are drafting heavily on defense or we draft another guy who's going to the NFL for a year or two. It's an embarrassment of riches.

4 hours ago, BBlink said:

Really don't see how Chung doesn't come back. He's already signed an extension before and things are still going pretty good

I believe when we signed him he had a year remaining. It makes sense that he signed an extension at that time which made it so that he would be paid like a starter in 2017 and he accepted the 2018 year in exchange for that. It's possible that it could be a different situation now that we are competing with other teams for his services. I hope im wrong but just saying.

4 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I have to say I agree with you.  We are far better at drafting and developing Canadian offensive lineman than scouting and developing "beast mode" middle linebackers. Having said that I'd greatly prefer to trade Neufeld in the offseason and re-sign Chung to a long term deal. But if we did lose him we'd be fine. We would just draft another offensive lineman with our pick or BC's. We are already in a position where there aren't really jobs open for Canadians on the offensive line or receiving core and it's hard to see us using either of our first round picks at those positions unless Chung moves on. The Canadian talent on this team is as good as i've seen it since i started following this team in 1989. Having said all this Chung is still high priority. But if he comes back we are probably in a situation where we are drafting heavily on defense or we draft another guy who's going to the NFL for a year or two. It's an embarrassment of riches.

I'd hate to lose Cheung. The guy is a warrior. Losing Bond last year still hurts and losing another Olineman wouldn't be good.

23 hours ago, JCon said:

He's not going to make an impact this year but going forward, this will be huge. We have a lot of Canadian talent on offense. 

yup we've got Poplawski (Wolitarsky), we've got House (Peterman) and now we've got Nick Bastaja.  Anyone know where we can find a James Murphy?

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think our offensive Canadian talent could look very solid even once Harris moves on.

2020 and we deploy Gray, Goossen, Chungh, Wolitarsky, Demski, Peterman/Simonise?

Could be a solid way to deploy the ratio. We’ll probably need some depth to go with 3 Canuck receivers, but it’s possible.

I would love to see Demski play running back once Harris leaves. Still the best high school running back I ever saw play. 

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I would love to see Demski play running back once Harris leaves. Still the best high school running back I ever saw play. 

With all the over Canadian talent, I could see them going to an import RB. 

Isn't Demski destined to fill Dressler's role? 

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think our offensive Canadian talent could look very solid even once Harris moves on.

2020 and we deploy Gray, Goossen, Chungh, Wolitarsky, Demski, Peterman/Simonise?

Could be a solid way to deploy the ratio. We’ll probably need some depth to go with 3 Canuck receivers, but it’s possible.

don't forget about Lefrance.

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Key words "high school"

He wouldn't last half a season as a feature back...and if did he would be majorly ineffective...his best role is what we have him in now..A Chris Drury/hybrid slot/back who can also play outside.

I think when all said in done...in next couple years our top 2 Canadian receivers will be Woli and Simonese...and I am pretty certain Woli is going to overtake Sinopoli as the best Canadian one in the league...if he wasn't majorly ignored in the first 3-4 games once Nichols came back I bet he would be sniffing at 1000 yards by season end...if not already

I'd also not be opposed to a transition of Harris to a role like Demski with a bit more run heavy use than Demski sees and incorporate a explosive import as our feature back...using Dresslers roster spot...

A lineup as it sits now with Adams and Thompkins, with Woli and Demski as the national receivers and Harris and an import sharing/coming out of the back field together would be hard to handle...and thats not even considering if we land a stud receiver to push..or supplant one of Adams or Thompkins