Game 6 : Oil Money Gang

50 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Did I hear, on the radio, that Lemieux was getting reps on the '4th' line, in practice?  Perhaps he gets a shot tonight.

Said in the paper he would replace Vesa on the 4th line with Roslo/Perreault.

Who's the tough guy on the Oil?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Lucic?

and Kassian if he feels like it. Khaira isn't a total goon but is showing a lot, and Nurse can be a tough dude when he wants, but being thin on D has kept him from really having the ability to sit in the penalty box for 5 minutes. 

53 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I hope they send Vesa down.  Sitting in the press box is obviously no good and he could get some quality minutes with the Moose.

Sitting one game isn't bad. He can see different things from the press box. 

Send him down and he may end up back in Europe, which is in his contract. 

Ideally, he's playing top line minutes with the Moose for a few weeks before coming back to the Jets but the reality is he may bolt. 

Edited by JCon

44 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sitting one game isn't bad. He can see different things from the press box. 

Send him down and he may end up back in Europe, which is in his contract. 

Ideally, he's playing top line minutes with the Moose for a few weeks before coming back to the Jets but the reality is he may bolt. 

Yes, I didn't mean one game in the box would be a bad thing, but if it stretches beyond a couple?   I would imagine the Jets have a pretty good feel for what Vesa would do if he's sent down to the Moose.  I'm sure someone has had a conversation with him.  Hopefully he's acclimated well to Winnipeg and realizes his best bet is to play top 6 minutes in the AHL.

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

My fear is that we woke up this Oil franchise.

I don't share that fear. There are a lot of players on that team who look like they don't belong in the NHL. I'm chalking that one up to a Jets collapse.

Got to see McDavid live for the first time. His speed is ridiculous. Wasn't impressed by Draisaitl though. Never would have noticed him if I wasn't looking for him. Obviously just one game though. He looks much bigger than his listed 6'2 208. Must have big shoulder pads...

Also thought Edmonton D looked slow.

Edited by sweep the leg

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Maurice overplaying his top guys again - then they get tired...

6 mins for the 4th line... cmon

Second line with no points... no pressure...

Time to make a play for Nylander?  Anyone see a line of Ehlers - Nylander - Laine?  Leafs seem to want D, who would we offer. if we were interested?  Trouba is the obvious one, but would he be enough?