Streveler development

BomberfanMKS

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

Big Chris does it without even knowing he is doing it.......Matts attempt just looked silly......even the timing of it was bad.

Oh no Streveler is doing it for the same reasons Nichols was doing it. It's being cocky and arrogant. I for one loved when Nichols did it given how the last game against the Riders went for him. The timing was perfect. Pitches a bomb downfield to go up 2 touchdowns in the game early, yeah you strut Matt. That's the bounce back from the Banjo Bowl he needed. If you can't show boat then when can you? 

Get over your hatred of Nichols, he's been great for this team even with all his limitations as a player and he's still superior to Streveler as a starter despite the physical tools Streveler has. 

It's been well documented that I'm strictly a lurker these days, but I just wanted to mention that having this ****** canoe and iHeart (the single worst poster on this website) on "ignore" is basically the only way I can even come here to read. Thank Christ and everything holy for the ignore function......alright. I'm out.

I really love the way the Bombers are employing Streveler... He is getting valuable game action while still learning behind a great pro and great leader... My hope is that we continue this into next year while Matt continues to be effective... then Streveler takes over the reigns starting in 2020... The ideal scenario would be if Matt sticks around at a reduced pay as a back-up... but that's probably asking too much as he would likely get opportunities to start elsewhere...

Also, it's entirely possible that Bryan Bennett continues to develop and becomes a reliable back up....

I'm hoping Walters re-negotiates Nichols contract in the offseason and drops him down to where he belongs.

That way he can be a good back-up to Streveler next year. I'm guessing Bombers will try to extend Streveler in the offseason but I would be surprised if he bites without some guarantees he can start.

Otherwise he'll just go to FA after 2019. No way Streveler sticks around here after next year unless he gets to start.

That is the future.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, based on the way Streveler played in the fourth quarter including that floater of a pass interception he threw? I'm sure Walters is getting right on that. Streveler is a unique talent & does a lot of great things as we know but to say he's ready to be the starter with Nichols backing him up? Nope. 

Cuz one play tells you everything about a QB. 🙄 You think Nichols would have done any better without Harris and Dressler?

You guys are missing the point. 

Finally, after quite a while, the Coaching Staff gave Streveler the opportunity to run an offence for more than a couple of plays. Invaluable. A true learning experience. Even that dumb pass. He’ll know better next time. 

Streveler has to go through these things to learn these things. I’ll bet he was pissed off more than you and I. 

Starter material? Not yet, but I bet he appreciates everything he’s learned this year, and with each snap, he’s getting closer. 

I believe he likes it here and will be ready to continue his career in Blue and Gold.

Just now, Mr Dee said:

You guys are missing the point. 

Finally, after quite a while, the Coaching Staff gave Streveler the opportunity to run an offence for more than a couple of plays. Invaluable. A true learning experience. Even that dumb pass. He’ll know better next time. 

Streveler has to go through these things to learn these things. I’ll bet he was pissed off more than you and I. 

Starter material? Not yet, but I bet he appreciates everything he’s learned this year, and with each snap, he’s getting closer. 

I believe he likes it here and will be ready to continue his career in Blue and Gold.

We all know the same posters here that claim to  love Streveler also would be the first to turn on him if he was the starter & playing poorly. 

So he threw a pick. The best QBs in this league, any league, throw picks. There is always going to be an element of danger when you throw the ball. It's a risk/reward thing and having a good scheme, a strong accurate arm, and great receivers will go a long way to ensuring that in the long run more good things happen than bad. 

All that young man needs now is playing time. The more the better. 

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yes.  All you do is ***** & complain. You're a waste of time.  

And yet you just keep on whining about it and making these threads go on longer. 🤣

We don't only have negative posts after losses. We don't have only positive posts after wins. (Did you read that slow enough, or do you have to go back to the beginning and read it again)

Mr. Dee... I'm ecstatic that Streveler, Peterman and LaFrance got the 4th quarter. That's a great way to give them useful reps. I'm happy and somewhat surprised to see that MOS actually let some backups play and saving some of our best players from injury. However, that's not the point at all.

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

And yet you just keep on whining about it and making these threads go on longer. 🤣.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We all know the same posters here that claim to  love Streveler also would be the first to turn on him if he was the starter & playing poorly. 

One day we should get a bunch of MBBers to cobble together a debating team. We would be unstoppable... or at least we could argue about how we could be unstoppable, or should be unstoppable and why we're not unstoppable.

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

And yet you just keep on whining about it and making these threads go on longer. 🤣

We don't only have negative posts after losses. We don't have only positive posts after wins. (Did you read that slow enough, or do you have to go back to the beginning and read it again)

Mr. Dee... I'm ecstatic that Streveler, Peterman and LaFrance got the 4th quarter. That's a great way to give them useful reps. I'm happy and somewhat surprised to see that MOS actually let some backups play and saving some of our best players from injury. However, that's not the point at all.

I'm picturing Tburg levels of ecstasy:

giphy.gif

On 2018-10-15 at 10:29 AM, NorthernSkunk said:

Big Chris does it without even knowing he is doing it.......Matts attempt just looked silly......even the timing of it was bad.

Stop.  just stop.  your stance and view of this is off.  it's ok to be wrong..

Edited by SPuDS