Riderfans.com Game Day Thread

jazzsax

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

His numbers were mostly from the first half, because in the second half they were using the running game and playing very conservative. For the fourth quarter, he wasn’t even playing. So, for his 155 passing yards to be meaningful, you have to extrapolate them over the entire game.

155 x 2 = 310

I'd love to agree with you - but Nichols went 4 of 8 for 41 yards in the 3rd quarter, which means he was pretty much averaging 50 yards passing per quarter.

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Lot of Rider talk about that one being a "nothing" and a "garbage" game.  This could be considered some sort of deflection or excuse. 

But upon further reflection....... they are right. 

Riders brought nothing..... and looked like garbage. 

the Riders definitely looked like they gave up pretty early on in that game.  Re-watching that Darvin Adams TD, the two DB's chasing him gave up about 15 yards before he actually scored, allowing Adams to show-boat into the endzone.  If they hadn't stopped pursuing they might have caught him.  That never say try attitude seemed to permeate through the entire team.  The Riders were late coming out of the dressing room after the first half, and it was assumed because Jones was screaming at them, and yet they played just as bad in the second half.  Screaming and being a giant ****** bag only goes so far.  See Maas Jason.

11 minutes ago, do or die said:

Lot of Rider talk about that one being a "nothing" and a "garbage" game.  This could be considered some sort of deflection or excuse. 

But upon further reflection....... they are right. 

Riders brought nothing..... and looked like garbage.

Sure, I understand this game was much more important for Winnipeg, but if you were the 'Riders, you can't tell me that team wouldn't want to lock up second place (and gain ground on Calgary) by knocking off your biggest rival, in their barn? Yes the 'Riders have clinched a playoff berth, but they play Calgary in Calgary, and close out the season against a BC team that has won 5 of 6 and will in all likelihood be playing desperate football, it is not unreasonable for them to back into the playoffs.

Edited by Eternal optimist

15 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I'd love to agree with you - but Nichols went 4 of 8 for 41 yards in the 3rd quarter, which means he was pretty much averaging 50 yards passing per quarter.

True, but we don’t know how much of that was scheme related.  There was no reason to run an aggressive O in the second half. Safe throws, feed the backs, etc. 

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

I didn't mean to sound that crusty.  Had a rough day. My Flyers blew it in final minute, sucky Oilers won, Riders got **** kicked, work sucked. It snowed.  LIfe goes on, and the season isn't over yet

Ur right. Riders have a few more losses and a quick playoff exit in WPG left.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Do you really think it’s appropriate for you to be calling someone “cancer”, considering how hypersensitive you are to things like that?

That being said, I am a big time Nichols detractor and I’m so fired up he celebrated like that. If he could get his swagger back, maybe he’d get back to the level he’s capable of. That’s a start.

He is a one trick pony that I think a lot of us are tired of. He never has anything good to say about Nichols & no matter what good things he does it's never enough. We just embarrassed our arch rivals at home by shutting them out & all he can do is complain about Nichols strutting after throwing a 79 yard TD pass?? That's just being petty.  You're right that I shouldn't have said what I said but I don't sense a lot of sympathy for him, either.  I do apologize for saying what I did. 

7 hours ago, Ripper said:

I didn't mean to sound that crusty.  Had a rough day. My Flyers blew it in final minute, sucky Oilers won, Riders got **** kicked, work sucked. It snowed.  LIfe goes on, and the season isn't over yet

And to add insult to injury, you live in Regina.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Anyone complaining about Nichols stats from last game. I hope you take this personally....I think you're an idiot. I'd also like you to start approaching the last few games of this season as if you know absolutely nothing about football, because you legitimately don't. 

Seriously this ^^. Unbelievable anyone could complain about the outcome of yesterday's game if you're supposed to be a Bomber fan. We shut them out, people. Quit your bloody bitching.

5 hours ago, BBRT said:

I agree with this comment. Don't agree with most of Ripper's post but I do not find him offensive in the least. Love to see more of Blutto here - He has been absent for some time.

Considering the state of the Argos it's understandable.

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seriously this ^^. Unbelievable anyone could complain about the outcome of yesterday's game if you're supposed to be a Bomber fan. We shut them out, people. Quit your bloody bitching.

I think like most things in life - there are some people that will always find something to complain about. Hopefully the bye week does the Bombers good and they are fresh when they face Calgary.

3 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

pretty cocky for a guy who really only made a few plays all day, and that being his best pass all season.   maybe tone it down a little Matt... that was half your passing yards for the entire game in one play!

I think it's all about who we were playing. That was a team that rubbed our noses in it twice, once in our own barn. I only wish Adams had pulled up at the 10 and did a long horizontal stroll along the end zone before falling backwards across the plane. I then wish that Loffler had taken the ball, after each of his INTs, and ran over and presented them to Willie Jefferson. I wish every celebration we had in that game was way over the top. I know MOS would never allow his team to act that way but I can dream.

c556bad6571eab78ebb38996b4764b5b.jpg

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He is a one trick pony that I think a lot of us are tired of. He never has anything good to say about Nichols & no matter what good things he does it's never enough. We just embarrassed our arch rivals at home by shutting them out & all he can do is complain about Nichols strutting after throwing a 79 yard TD pass?? That's just being petty.  You're right that I shouldn't have said what I said but I don't sense a lot of sympathy for him, either.  I do apologize for saying what I did. 

I thought t was a 72 yard toss ?................. and just because a person is a Bomber fan that does not automatically require them to pump the QB's tires for any little thing. 

52 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Anyone complaining about Nichols stats from last game. I hope you take this personally....I think you're an idiot. I'd also like you to start approaching the last few games of this season as if you know absolutely nothing about football, because you legitimately don't. 

Seriously? I hope you take this personally... I think you are an idiot and that you legitimately don't know anything about football, because you don't.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

BTW: When was the last time you saw a QB hit a 70+ yard bomb and not make even 250 yards?

When was the last time a "Ham 'n Egger" (as Ripper is fond of calling him) hit on a 70+ yard bomb? That game was a statement game and Matt and the boys made a statement. Mission accomplished.

There's no prize for throwing for 300+ yards. I'm glad they didn't do anything goofy trying to run up the score. Totally unnecessary and gave some of the boys some much needed rest and some others some much needed playing time.

I'm far more interested in seeing the Bombers firing on all cylinders. That was exactly the kind of performance we need. We're getting playoff performances out of our players at just the right time. There isn't another team in the league that looks as good as we do right now. That's four in a row now let's keep it going. I couldn't be happier.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I hated that Burgess guy. When the best thing you can say about a QB's performance is that they didn't turn the ball over... That's not very high praise.

Didn't turn the ball over and threw a 70+ yard bomb. You're hard to please.

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Only threw for 155 yards including the 72 yard bomb. You're easy to please.

Are you pleased with Nichols performance yesterday afternoon? yes or no. 

Are you pleased with offense's performance yesterday afternoon? yes or no. 

Are you pleased with Defense's performance yesterday afternoon? yes or no. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Are you pleased with Nichols performance yesterday afternoon? yes or no. 

Not really. Hit one big play. Would have been thrown for around 200 yards if he'd played the whole game. Led the team to 10 points which was enough to win, but then again the 7 that the defense got and the 14 that Streveler got were enough to win too.