Riderfans.com Game Day Thread

jazzsax

18 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Walby went down in the east semi against Hamilton. The game where just over 12000 went to.  They made shirts after the cup win that said something along the lines of I was one of the 12000 that showed...they sold well over 12000 shirts. 

My Dad took me to that game. Had our usual safeway family endzone tickets.  

I was one of the 12,210.

I had a sweatshirt!

Good story eh?

On 2018-10-14 at 12:51 PM, NorthernSkunk said:

It was the way he celebrated....... and it was over the top for what he finally accomplished...... he should have reacted with a fist pump, ran and congratulated Adams,  An then got off the field acting like he has done it hundreds of times before.  The way he did it made it look more like he was trying to give it to the boo birds of the stadium who called him out during his 4 game winless streak.  

You stretch a bunch before making this ridiculous reach??

He was celebrating.. walking back to meet his offense.  get over it. You got guys leaping into the stands, guys posing for cameras.. he struts and you are bothered by it.  maybe temper your hate for our starting QB and you'll see it was not nearly as bad as your eluding to.

Just now, SPuDS said:

You stretch a bunch before making this ridiculous reach??

He was celebrating.. walking back to meet his offense.  get over it. You got guys leaping into the stands, guys posing for cameras.. he struts and you are bothered by it.  maybe temper your hate for our starting QB and you'll see it was not nearly as bad as your eluding to.

I don't hate Nichols.  I have never hated Nichols.  In my opinion we are not winning not a cup with him is all I am saying.

If he mans up here going into the playoffs assuming we make it, then I wish him all the best.  There was just no way I was going to justify his silly Mcregor walk down the field,  especially since 72 yard TD toss isn't something he does with any regularity.  That and mcgregor had just lost his bout so it made it even funnier to my friends who aren't Bomber fans,  so no way I was defending that silly walk.  He could have been so much cooler about it. 

11 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I don't hate Nichols.  I have never hated Nichols.  In my opinion we are not winning not a cup with him is all I am saying.

If he mans up here going into the playoffs assuming we make it, then I wish him all the best.  There was just no way I was going to justify his silly Mcregor walk down the field,  especially since 72 yard TD toss isn't something he does with any regularity.  That and mcgregor had just lost his bout so it made it even funnier to my friends who aren't Bomber fans,  so no way I was defending that silly walk.  He could have been so much cooler about it. 

Watching the game again last night, he was looking at the Bomber bench when he did it. I'm going to go ahead and say there is probably an inside joke there somewhere.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Watching the game again last night, he was looking at the Bomber bench when he did it. I'm going to go ahead and say there is probably an inside joke there somewhere.

When I seen it replayed the first time I was wondering if he wasn't looking higher up, like into the stands.  Like he was looking for the boo birds who nest behind the home bench. 

On 2018-10-14 at 5:31 PM, Atomic said:

Streveler doesn't have the arm to be a starting QB in the CFL.  I know most people will disagree with me but it is obvious when I watch him throw.  He will likely never be a full-time starter and the suggestion that he may be better than Nichols is ludicrous to me.  I like Streveler and he is absolutely perfect for the role we have him in now but he would be exposed in a big way if he was our full time starter.

Uh.. wut? 

On 2018-10-16 at 6:45 PM, TBURGESS said:

Don't blame me for your lack of reading comprehension. Blame your teachers.

You don't even seem to understand what 'my narrative' is.

Pretty sure we ALL understand your narrative here.

On 2018-10-16 at 6:18 PM, TBURGESS said:

Nichols was losing us games a month ago. Wins are what matters. That's not the same as wins are because the QB played well or that wins mean the QB played well.

On 2018-10-16 at 6:27 PM, JCon said:

I recognize these words but they're organized into sentences that make no sense. 

Again, you say anything that fits your narrative. 

I know, right! I thought I was becoming dyslexic or something. Thank you for keeping me sane.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Only one point. To have something to complain about. 

I was hoping you meant it when you said you were going to ignore me. Actually, if you had any reading comprehension, you'd know by now that I'm talking about QB play, not team wins.

Edited by TBURGESS