Riderfans.com Game Day Thread

jazzsax

1 hour ago, wpgallday1960 said:

And at times he is not.  Like his posts in this thread, for instance.  To be fair, he can be reasonable and you can debate him on the merits of his points and have a good discussion.  Not today.

I didn't mean to sound that crusty.  Had a rough day. My Flyers blew it in final minute, sucky Oilers won, Riders got **** kicked, work sucked. It snowed.  LIfe goes on, and the season isn't over yet

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have no problem with Ripper being here. He's a lot better than most Rider fans who come here to troll.  I don't agree with what he says at times but he has every right to be here as long as he  is respectful. For the most part he is. 

I agree with this comment. Don't agree with most of Ripper's post but I do not find him offensive in the least. Love to see more of Blutto here - He has been absent for some time.

2 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

And at times he is not.  Like his posts in this thread, for instance.  To be fair, he can be reasonable and you can debate him on the merits of his points and have a good discussion.  Not today.

Well - if the script was flipped and the Bombers got steamrolled by their rivals 31-0, I think most of us here would be pretty crotchety and irrational too.

38 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The Riders have an atrocious offence, a good secondary, great outside linebackers, and the best defensive ends in the league.  I don't think any of that is arguable.

It is interesting that they have won 10 games, second most in the league, with that being their scenario.  Good coaching.

Up the middle of their defence is much to be desired Edem was beat several times you have to start Sam Hurl and there DT are a big pile of meh.

Obviously Matt came into the game with something to prove. On only his second pass of the game he did what everyone says he can't do; hit the deep ball when it matters. As if that weren't enough, he did it to our arch rivals who made him look like absolute dogshit in his own barn the last time he played them. That TD ended up being the only point we would need to win the game.

Matt could have flossed on the W before cartwheel-summersaulting into the splits for all I care.

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Obviously Matt came into the game with something to prove. On only his second pass of the game he did what everyone says he can't do; hit the deep ball when it matters. As if that weren't enough, he did it to our arch rivals who made him look like absolute dogshit in his own barn the last time he played them. That TD ended up being the only point we would need to win the game.

Matt could have flossed on the W before cartwheel-summersaulting into the splits for all I care.

True. Mind you, the only point we needed to win the game came via Gaitor prior to that :)

Just now, CanuckGod said:

True. Mind you, the only point we needed to win the game came via Gaitor prior to that :)

That's right, too! Our whipping boy from earlier this season gets himself on the stats sheet again and again. He scored a pick 6 at the Banjo Bowl, one of our lone bright spots that game. Solid pickup.

42 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

pretty cocky for a guy who really only made a few plays all day, and that being his best pass all season.   maybe tone it down a little Matt... that was half your passing yards for the entire game in one play!

Yeah, how dare he enjoy hooking up with Adams for the biggest play of the day and celebrate that TD.

Even after a win, some here choose to ***** and complain. Of course it's the usual whiny suspects. Says a lot.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah, how dare he enjoy hooking up with Adams for the biggest play of the day and celebrate that TD.

Even after a win, some here choose to ***** and complain. Of course it's the usual whiny suspects. Says a lot.

No kidding. Now Matt isn't allowed to celebrate? Give me a break. 

4 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Riders got shut out.... I'd be pretty ornery too. 

**** could you imagine what this place would be like if we laid an egg? You have posters still bitching about that win... like blanking a team in the CFL is easy.... we have the ******* rouge! They didn't even get a rouge.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It was the way he celebrated....... and it was over the top for what he finally accomplished...... he should have reacted with a fist pump, ran and congratulated Adams,  An then got off the field acting like he has done it hundreds of times before.  The way he did it made it look more like he was trying to give it to the boo birds of the stadium who called him out during his 4 game winless streak.  

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

It was the way he celebrated....... and it was over the top for what he finally accomplished...... he should have reacted with a fist pump, ran and congratulated Adams,  An then got off the field acting like he has done it hundreds of times before.  The way he did it made it look more like he was trying to give it to the boo birds of the stadium who called him out during his 4 game winless streak.  

I was ambivalent on it, but by the same token, I wasn't about to crap all over it either... it was a nice play, so I'm fine with it.