Game Day Thread- Week Eighteen, GAME 16: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 2018

2 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

So Nichols is above reproach because he's "well paid"? That's some pretty sketchy logic. I happen to think that because he's well paid he is wide open to criticism. He's been an average to below average QB this year and this last game did nothing to change that perception.

Finally...he didn't just celebrate...he was making a statement that appeared to say "Hey all you naysayers, look at me and how great I am". That, to me, is not the act of a confident QB.

That is exactly how it appeared to me as well...........

..and as for calling me a troll just because I am not 100% sold that Nichols can win us a cup,  well that's just silly.  

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

We win 31-0 and the trolls are worried about HOW Nichols celebrated a 72-yard TD pass. 

Absolutely ******* pathetic, eh?

2 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

So nothing from you either beyond personal shots. Why make it personal? I offered an opinion which you can either agree with or not. You are also free to provide your own opinion on his actions or play. Instead you choose to attack me personally.

Calling out a well paid athlete for below average play is not being a troll for goodness sake.

Personal shots? Uh, you just showed up here and all it's been from you is posts sticking up for NS and his assclown antics. Had you bothered to actually read through the read instead of playing Mr. Interwebs White Knight, you'd see many of us have already expressed our opinion on the matter.

Calling out a well paid athlete for celebrating a huge play that resulted in a TD and then not letting it go while continuing to dig oneself into a hole after being called out by just about everyone here is trolling.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Personal shots? Uh, you just showed up here and all it's been from you is posts sticking up for NS and his assclown antics. Had you bothered to actually read through the read instead of playing Mr. Interwebs White Knight, you'd see many of us have already expressed our opinion on the matter.

Calling out a well paid athlete for celebrating a huge play that resulted in a TD and then not letting it go while continuing to dig oneself into a hole after being called out by just about everyone here is trolling.

An who is it exactly that "won't let it go" ?........lol

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

NS took a lot of crap for expressing his opinion on the other board about Nichols and I was actually one that used to give him that crap. But after this season I'm starting to recognize what his concerns were/are and happen to agree to a large extent that Nichols is not the future of this team.

Nichols behaviour and play this year has really soured me on him. You're free to disagree with that...that's your (and all other poster's) right. But the personal shots lacking any other comments of substance is just weak.

4 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

NS took a lot of crap for expressing his opinion on the other board about Nichols and I was actually one that used to give him that crap. But after this season I'm starting to recognize what his concerns were/are and happen to agree to a large extent that Nichols is not the future of this team.

Nichols behaviour and play this year has really soured me on him. You're free to disagree with that...that's your (and all other poster's) right. But the personal shots lacking any other comments of substance is just weak.

Thanks ....I think lol

14 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Who’s the best QB playing right now and how many cups have they won? Why would you label it personal? 

Edited by Rod Black

About Matt Nichols:

1. Management has not exactly done the best job of recruiting import receivers - that’s not on him. His favourite target is Dressler, who is older and injury prone.

2. He has the best all around runnning back in the league, so of course that will naturally lead to him playing a lesser role.

3. Has he played better? Of course he has - I have not read any post anywhere that denied that.

4. He’s clearly been battling an injury, but appears to be trending up at just the right time. 

5. Streveler this past game: 3 of 5 for 47 yards - I’m beginning to wonder which game some of you were watching. 

6. Around 250 yards passing with an outstanding OL & RB, added  to the way the D has been playing of late, looks very good right now. 

18 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

He came here to continue doing that, 31 - 0 wins and a 4 game win streak included. People got annoyed and began to react. 

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

About Matt Nichols:

5. Streveler this past game: 3 of 5 for 47 yards - I’m beginning to wonder which game some of you were watching. 

Nichols went 10-18 for 155. If we extend Streveler's numbers thru 3 quarters he's 9-15 for 134. Except for the interception their numbers would have been nearly identical.

The difference, of course, is that the offence was playing  conservative/not to lose in the 4th.

16 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

He came here to continue doing that, 31 - 0 wins and a 4 game win streak included. People got annoyed and began to react. 

I just don't think it's unreasonable to point out that, unlike last year, this win streak is due to a dominant D and that NIchols' performance has been less than stellar. Every team in the league, no matter how successful, is always looking to improve...every player is looking to improve. The 4 game win streak is thanks to the D and Nichols not making the same kind of mistakes he was making previously. It hasn't been because of his stellar play. All he had to do in those games was not screw up and panic...and he was able to do that.

My concern is what happens when the D isn't able to contain a team like they have been? It's incredibly ironic considering last year it was exactly the opposite. The O put up lots of points and the D would squander them and the concern then was what would happen when the O wasn't able to cover the spread the D was giving up.

Edited by Deiter Fan

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Why should anyone give a rat's butt about how Nichols did or did not strut? Like it or not, the fate of the 2018 Bombers is tied to Nichols and this argument is like debating how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. So long as he wins, he can do pirouettes in a tutu at midfield.

enough-internet.gif

24 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

About Matt Nichols:

1. Management has not exactly done the best job of recruiting import receivers - that’s not on him. His favourite target is Dressler, who is older and injury prone.

2. He has the best all around runnning back in the league, so of course that will naturally lead to him playing a lesser role.

3. Has he played better? Of course he has - I have not read any post anywhere that denied that.

4. He’s clearly been battling an injury, but appears to be trending up at just the right time. 

6. Around 250 yards passing with an outstanding OL & RB, added  to the way the D has been playing of late, looks very good right now. 

Stats Schmats, this is Winnipeg. 2 incompletions and the boobirds are running you off the field in hopes you too will buy a booster juice franchise so the next pariah can step in for the revolving quarterback door. Heck, Jim Zorn in 86 only lasted 25 passes before heading home...

39 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Who’s the best QB playing right now and how many cups have they won? Why would you label it personal? 

Bomber fans have no problem saying Collaros is crap and is way over rated...yet over his entire career he and Nichols have basically the exact same numbers, literally, and Collaros has been to the Grey Cup. Yet calling him crap makes sense but pointing out Nichols' flaws makes one a troll.

3 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Bomber fans have no problem saying Collaros is crap and is way over rated...yet over his entire career he and Nichols have basically the exact same numbers, literally, and Collaros has been to the Grey Cup. Yet calling him crap makes sense but pointing out Nichols' flaws makes one a troll.

Listen, I agree that Nichols sucks but comparing his career numbers to Collaros’ is sort of unfair. Sure, in the end they look similar but Collaros had a couple years of MVP level play combined with now two years abysmal play. Nichols has largely been consistently average with one season of above average. 

14 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Bomber fans have no problem saying Collaros is crap ..... Yet calling him crap makes sense but pointing out Nichols' flaws makes one a troll.

Yes. That is what fans do, and they celebrate great plays in creative ways. I guess your not a bomber fan. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Yes. That is what fans do. I guess your not a bomber fan. 

I prefer to maintain some rationality and objectivity. You're free to conduct yourself however you wish...but I guarantee you the coaching staff is also looking at improving the flaws on the team, as well. Doesn't mean they don't care about the team. Just the opposite, actually.

11 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Listen, I agree that Nichols sucks but comparing his career numbers to Collaros’ is sort of unfair. Sure, in the end they look similar but Collaros had a couple years of MVP level play combined with now two years abysmal play. Nichols has largely been consistently average with one season of above average. 

Fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

I prefer to maintain some rationality and objectivity. You're free to conduct yourself however you wish...but I guarantee you the coaching staff is also looking at improving the flaws on the team, as well. Doesn't mean they don't care about the team. Just the opposite, actually.

To be rational and objective, you can’t guarantee anything, and you haven’t denied that your not a bomber fan. 

Edited by Rod Black

12 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

To be rational and objective, you can’t guarantee anything, and you haven’t denied that your not a bomber fan. 

So you think the coaching staff is saying to the team.."Hey we shut out the Riders. We're great. Nothing to improve on. Go home and we'll see you after the break"? Is that what you think?

I'm 52 and have been a Bomber supporter since 1974. I'm just not a blue goggle wearing sycophant unable/unwilling to recognize the team's short comings.

Now...do you have anything to say about the team that doesn't have something to do with me, personally? Cuz if not I think I'll exercise my right to ignore you.

3 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

So you think the coaching staff is saying to the team.."Hey we shut out the Riders. We're great. Nothing to improve on. Go home and we'll see you after the break"? Is that what you think?

I'm 52 and have been a Bomber supporter since 1974. I'm just not a blue goggle wearing sycophant unable/unwilling to recognize the team's short comings.

Now...do you have anything to say about the team that doesn't have something to do with me, personally? Cuz if not I think I'll exercise my right to ignore you.

I’ll add that your boring and tiresome. 

Statistics are interesting but not absolute determinants in sports. What they do is chart trends and are good predictor of the future. Most in this forum were expecting that the Rider reliance on their defence to bail out an anemic offence would cause the team to implode at some point and it has. Spectacularly. Similarly, the Bombers expecting their defence to carry the team when the offence for whatever reason is barely getting the job done almost certainly will fail, perhaps at a critical juncture. The Bombers may defy this, but history would indicate that this is unlikely to be the case. We shall see.

15 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Everyone can say that on the forum. 

You've been 19 post old here and you're ruffling feathers already. You might end you're welcome shortly.