Game Day Thread- Week Eighteen, GAME 16: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 2018

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Because I don't agree with everything "matt Nichols" ?.........

Because you're pig headed stubborn about your hatred for Nichols. 

You can deny it all you like, but bottom line you got a beef with Nichols for whatever reason and you won't give him credit for anything and will do all sorts of mental gymnastics to convince yourself you are 100% correct. 

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You can deny it all you like, but bottom line you got a beef with Nichols for whatever reason and you won't give him credit for anything and will do all sorts of mental gymnastics to convince yourself you are 100% correct. 

If you wanna get it correct it's just that I don't believe we will win a cup with Matt Nichols. And I do not "hate" any player,  we don't use the word hate much in our household.  I will still cheer for the Bombers no matter who starts every game.  And if you are really worried about posters here hating people who work for the Bombers you could go defend Hall, Lapo, Fogg, etc etc

13 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He wasn't banned. His account there remains active. He just bailed like a coward. Hopefully, history repeats itself.

And look at you continuing to make stuff up eh lol.......the thin skins won't let me back in there unless I change my name and change my opinions...... talk about a cult they got going on over there.  

18 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Nobody said it did not contribute....... I pointed out the Dallas player actually scored the touchdown.....and Matt did not. 

You are really perfecting that douchecanoe persona so well, it would be a shame to waste it here.  You really should take in on the road to share your douchecanoeness with others.  Might I suggest Riderfans, Eskfans or anywhere else.  The world needs you.  Don't let them down.

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I for one am reasonably happy with NIchols's performance over the past few games. I by no means feel he is at the same level as BLM or Reilly but I can live with what he brings to the table for now. I believe the Bombers need some help with their import wideout situation but that is not a Nichols issue. So for now I am ok with his performance - not thrilled but ok.

8 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

the thin skins won't let me back in there unless I change my name and change my opinions...... talk about a cult they got going on over there.  

A coward and a liar. Nobody banned you. Your account is still active. You're just too much of a puss to go back there after your transparent act got thin and everyone called you out. Which is basically the same thing happening here now.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

A coward and a liar. Nobody banned you. Your account is still active. You're just too much of a puss to go back there after your transparent act got thin and everyone called you out. Which is basically the same thing happening here now.

Hardly a coward, and no reason to lie.  I have emails from a moderator saying exactly what I said here.  I find it odd you need to be lieing about it here now (?)......

and how is it an act just because I am not 100% sold on matt getting us a cup ?..... lots f posters have posted not wanting or liking certain players all over the field......why would this be any different ?......

Edited by NorthernSkunk
Spelling error

3 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Hardly a coward, and no reason to lie.  I have emails from a moderator saying exactly what I said here.  I find it odd you need to be lieing about it here now (?)......

and how is it an act just because I am not 100% sold on matt getting us a cup ?..... lots f posters have posted not wanting or liking certain players all over the field......why would this be any different ?......

Cause no one is complaining that Gaitor celebrated his TD. No one is complaining that Streveler celebrated his TD. ETC ETC ETC. It's fine to not like a player, and Nichols certainly deserved his criticism this year. But complaining about his TD celebration or his lack of huge numbers in a blow out win is stupid.

The word "hate" sure does get tossed around a lot now-a-days. It has caught up to "love" as a word that is overused to the point where it has lost all meaning and significance.

I mean, c'mon...Do I hate Nichols because I point out that his strutting seemed silly considering he had a 72 yard TD pass to Adams in the first quarter yet ended that quarter with 71 yards passing?  Or that he only completed 10 passes in 3 quarters for 155 yards? Except for the interception Streveler had basically the same numbers as Nichols and is a rookie. Shouldn't we be expecting more from a seasoned vet?

Nichols has come across as an emotional basket case this year...and that's not "hate" talking...it's just a simple examination of the facts with a bit of opinion tossed in.

Why people take some of this stuff personally is beyond me.

20 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

The word "hate" sure does get tossed around a lot now-a-days. It has caught up to "love" as a word that is overused to the point where it has lost all meaning and significance.

I mean, c'mon...Do I hate Nichols because I point out that his strutting seemed silly considering he had a 72 yard TD pass to Adams in the first quarter yet ended that quarter with 71 yards passing?  Or that he only completed 10 passes in 3 quarters for 155 yards? Except for the interception Streveler had basically the same numbers as Nichols and is a rookie. Shouldn't we be expecting more from a seasoned vet?

Nichols has come across as an emotional basket case this year...and that's not "hate" talking...it's just a simple examination of the facts with a bit of opinion tossed in.

I personally find it 100% ridiculous that people are complaining about a QB's stat line in a win. Never mind a blow out win. Never mind a blow out win at the end of the year in crunch time when both teams have a lot to play for.

I couldn't give a **** about how many yards he throws for. Hell he could go 7 - 28 for 10 yards and 2 TDs. If they win by 31 with those stats. GREAT! Because at the end of the day, the W is all that matters. No one gets the grey cup because they threw for 7000 yards. They get it, because they win football games. They won the football game on saturday. End of story.

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Cause no one is complaining that Gaitor celebrated his TD. No one is complaining that Streveler celebrated his TD. ETC ETC ETC. It's fine to not like a player, and Nichols certainly deserved his criticism this year. But complaining about his TD celebration or his lack of huge numbers in a blow out win is stupid.

I was laughing at it more than anything.  

25 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

I mean, c'mon...Do I hate Nichols because I point out that his strutting seemed silly considering 

Eight posts in and you can determine what people are taking personally. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I personally find it 100% ridiculous that people are complaining about a QB's stat line in a win. Never mind a blow out win. Never mind a blow out win at the end of the year in crunch time when both teams have a lot to play for.

I couldn't give a **** about how many yards he throws for. Hell he could go 7 - 28 for 10 yards and 2 TDs. If they win by 31 with those stats. GREAT! Because at the end of the day, the W is all that matters. No one gets the grey cup because they threw for 7000 yards. They get it, because they win football games. They won the football game on saturday. End of story.

I suppose if it was just this one game I would agree but this has been typical of his play all year...even going back to the end of last year.

A guy that feels the need to strut like that after completing one pass tells me he isn't all that confident in himself.

I'm glad we got the win but I have real concerns  about Nichols and I don't think the kind of numbers he's putting up will lead us to the promised land.

1 minute ago, Deiter Fan said:

I suppose if it was just this one game I would agree but this has been typical of his play all year...even going back to the end of last year.

A guy that feels the need to strut like that after completing one pass tells me he isn't all that confident in himself.

I'm glad we got the win but I have real concerns  about Nichols and I don't think the kind of numbers he's putting up will lead us to the promised land.

I could agree with that first line, but they are 2 games above 500 with an opportunity to play a home playoff game for 2 years in a row. All the while Nichols has been doing Nichols. He doesn't have to be a game changer. Just can't give the game away.

And I totally agree with the bolded part. In fact, I don't think this is even Nichols team to begin with. The bombers won't win the GC with Nichols arm, they're going to win the GC with Andrews legs and Bighills hits. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Eight posts in and you can determine what people are taking personally. 

What does the number of posts I've made on this board have to do with my ability to recognize people getting their panties in a bunch because of the comments of a stranger? You telling me you can't see the emotion being expressed by those commenting to NS? Why so much emotion? You think if Nichols gets traded next year he'll give 2 poops about you or the Bombers?

I mean, look at you...a personal shot at me? For what? Did I mention you...or any other poster by name? But you felt the need to make it personal.

Grow up

Just now, Deiter Fan said:

What does the number of posts I've made on this board have to do with my ability to recognize people getting their panties in a bunch because of the comments of a stranger? You telling me you can't see the emotion being expressed by those commenting to NS? Why so much emotion? You think if Nichols gets traded next year he'll give 2 poops about you or the Bombers?

I mean, look at you...a personal shot at me? For what? Did I mention you...or any other poster by name? But you felt the need to make it personal.

Grow up

You are unsure of yourself that you feel you need to ridicule a well paid professional quarterback that appropriately celebrates a great play to feel good about yourself! 

17 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Coming from your extensive background and experience in sports psychology, I'm sure...

NS is a troll, BTW. He pulled this garbage on the other forum and is doing the same now. Good on your for showing up here randomly to defend a stranger online, though.

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

You are unsure of yourself that you feel you need to ridicule a well paid professional quarterback that appropriately celebrates a great play to feel good about yourself! 

So Nichols is above reproach because he's "well paid"? That's some pretty sketchy logic. I happen to think that because he's well paid he is wide open to criticism. He's been an average to below average QB this year and this last game did nothing to change that perception.

Finally...he didn't just celebrate...he was making a statement that appeared to say "Hey all you naysayers, look at me and how great I am". That, to me, is not the act of a confident QB.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Coming from your extensive background and experience in sports psychology, I'm sure...

NS is a troll, BTW. He pulled this garbage on the other forum and is doing the same now. Good on your for showing up here randomly to defend a stranger online, though.

So nothing from you either beyond personal shots. Why make it personal? I offered an opinion which you can either agree with or not. You are also free to provide your own opinion on his actions or play. Instead you choose to attack me personally.

Calling out a well paid athlete for below average play is not being a troll for goodness sake.

Just now, Deiter Fan said:

So Nichols is above reproach because he's "well paid"? That's some pretty sketchy logic. I happen to think that because he's well paid he is wide open to criticism. He's been an average to below average QB this year and this last game did nothing to change that perception.

Finally...he didn't just celebrate...he was making a statement that appeared to say "Hey all you naysayers, look at me and how great I am". That, to me, is not the act of a confident QB.

You don’t have to like my logic. He makes more than you and likes doing it. Good for him. Big money and fun! He doesn’t react and you folks would be saying he doesn’t care. Your getting emotional.