Game Day Thread- Week Eighteen, GAME 16: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 2018

5 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Yes but our game day chat option is where are the comments are. If you could turn it into a thread after the game it would be like 40 pages lol

True enough but if you look at past gameday threads.  Especially for games were we came out on the wrong side.  Most of the messages come after the game ends.  

But definitely a viable argument. 

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The offense went super conservative in the 2nd half. They were up 31 points, no need to take changes, they knew damned well that if they didn't turn the ball over there was no chance Saskatchewan was going to come back. I too would have loved to see them drop 60 points on those assholes but I'll settle for building a big lead early and crushing their spirits by simply not allowing them to get any traction through big plays. 

I wasn't looking for 60+ points, or to even kick a field goal with less than 30seconds in the second half.  It just felt odd that we are all getting this feeling that the the team is getting on track for the playoffs,  yet we couldn't even move the ball into field goal territory and take those points at any point but the end of the second half. Even with playing conservatively and against the lowly riders.  

18 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

You really have to look at the enormity of what happened yesterday.  It's very rare that a team gets shutout especially in the CFL. 

Well it couldn't have looked any better happening to the Regina team.  Did the riders celebrate anything on the field? Even once ?

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Well it couldn't have looked any better happening to the Regina team.  Did the riders celebrate anything on the field? Even once ?

Other than celebrating the fact that they wouldn't have to face any more humiliation, probably not. Maybe that one turnover we gifted them, that they proceeded to do nothing with, and only managed not to turn over to our boys immediately due to a penalty...

Edited by CanuckGod

👁‍🗨 Once again the Bombers’ opponents didn’t have a kickoff as we kicked to open both halves. I can’t remember another time when this happened twice in the same year. Edmonton, and now Saskatchewan.

👁‍🗨 Adam Bighill 3 sacks, a forced fumble and 8 tackles. Not Sam Hurl numbers but satisfactory I guess.

👁‍🗨 Another steady performance by Justin Medlock. 1 FG, and a good net punting avg. and another punt inside the 10 yard line to increase his lead in that category.

👁‍🗨 Tackles Stanley Bryant and Jamarcus Hardrick vs Hughes and Jefferson? The big boys in Blue won this round.

👁‍🗨 Not bad officiating on this day. 4 penalties for 45 yards for each team.

👁‍🗨 Jackson Jeffcoat ready to rotate in?

👁‍🗨 So, do we worry that Jones will try to snipe one of OL Sooner or OL Speller off the practice roster now that Bladek is done? Or is that door closed with rosters being set?

👁‍🗨 Darn that Lulay..

👁‍🗨 Real pity that this game didn’t seal a playoff spot for the Bombers..

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I think my favorite part of the game was Suitor continually pumping the green tires and saying that Collaros was on some big upswing all with Gord Miller ignoring him and no selling it.   Then Suitor whimpering about bad penalties and then the sound of defeat where he could do no more to defend the Riders.  

Next favorite part was the amazing fake play action run to the 1 yard line.  

To be fair to Suitor, his commentary is usually pretty insightful, and although he was a Rider, his job is to make the game interesting. That was not easy considering the beat-down one-sided game yesterday.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Then why did it count against his passing stats yesterday? Oh, yeah... Because he was the QB who tossed the TD.

Lol.....I guess the TSN cameras are going to have to key in on the quarterbacks now for all further thrown touchdowns lol.... wouldn't wanna miss that celebration from Matt again 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

To be fair to Suitor, his commentary is usually pretty insightful, and although he was a Rider, his job is to make the game interesting. That was not easy considering the beat-down one-sided game yesterday.

Don't be fair to Suitor, it only encourages him.

But seriously, I can't get over how, in any game the Bombers play, but especially in one where the Bombers were the only team on the field making anything happen, the play-by-play announcers just drone on and on about the other team. It really is noticeable to a Bomber fan just how little is actually said about the Bombers. 

25 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Lol.....I guess the TSN cameras are going to have to key in on the quarterbacks now for all further thrown touchdowns lol.... wouldn't wanna miss that celebration from Matt again 

You're right, the camera never ever shows the qb after they throw a TD....never...its never once happened.

46 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Nobody said it did not contribute....... I pointed out the Dallas player actually scored the touchdown.....and Matt did not. 

Let’s see, at IGF fans cheered, players hooted and hollered, coaches smacked backs, fans at home high fived, north end crowd went crazy again, Bob Irving even raised his voiced and called it a beautiful pass by MATT NICHOLS. 

Wtf is wrong with you man? Anyone that celebrates is a ******? Have you ever met anyone that’s had success? 

28 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Let’s see, at IGF fans cheered, players hooted and hollered, coaches smacked backs, fans at home high fived, north end crowd went crazy again, Bob Irving even raised his voiced and called it a beautiful pass by MATT NICHOLS. 

Wtf is wrong with you man? Anyone that celebrates is a ******? Have you ever met anyone that’s had success? 

Again.....I am not dissing the fact anyone celebrated..... I am laughing at Matts specific choice of celebration....... 

Edited by NorthernSkunk

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah dude..I just dont understand your stance on this much less your point.. 

The point is he's pissed off Nichols threw a beauty bomb and showed some swagger afterwards. How will Big Chris get on the field if Nichols does stuff like that? It's not fair and Nichols accomplishments and being proud of them is a personal insult to people who don't like Nichols.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The point is he's pissed off Nichols threw a beauty bomb and showed some swagger afterwards. How will Big Chris get on the field if Nichols does stuff like that? It's not fair and Nichols accomplishments and being proud of them is a personal insult to people who don't like Nichols.

Lol....... sorry I ain't pissed, and of course I am happy we won....... but in no way will I ever support that silly walk that matt did lol.