Game Day Thread- Week Eighteen, GAME 16: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 2018

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

No help today on the out of town scoreboard. Calgary has no bullets in the chamber on offense. Are they getting any of their receivers back for playoffs? 

No. Every starter at receiver other than Eric Rodgers  is out for the season. What you saw today is what they'll be going with the rest of the season.  I didn't think the receivers played that badly. The Stamps OL does not look good especially their RT Randy Richards. 

It's interesting that after a win where we blank our most hated rival that the gameday thread is only at 6 pages so far.   However, if we'd lost. I think I'm not to far off when I say that the gameday thread would be at least 12 pages if not 15 by now. 

What does that say about us fans?

32 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

It's interesting that after a win where we blank our most hated rival that the gameday thread is only at 6 pages so far.   However, if we'd lost. I think I'm not to far off when I say that the gameday thread would be at least 12 pages if not 15 by now. 

That may be, but most of those pages would be the same 4-5 people complaining about smirks and passes behind the first down marker as if we haven't heard it all again and again and again. It's nice at the end of 4 quarters to simply say 'that'll do, pig' and move on to watching the rest of the triple header, satisfied in knowing Rider fans are not too happy and the Bombers are gathering mo at the right time.

13 hours ago, Mike said:

As impressed as I am, we can’t get too cocky. Riders on the road on four days rest probably not gonna be as tough as Riders at home in the playoffs.

Their offense is hot garbage though. Wow. Our secondary coming together at the right time. Great to see!

The bombers wont be playing the riders in regina again.

I think my favorite part of the game was Suitor continually pumping the green tires and saying that Collaros was on some big upswing all with Gord Miller ignoring him and no selling it.   Then Suitor whimpering about bad penalties and then the sound of defeat where he could do no more to defend the Riders.  

Next favorite part was the amazing fake play action run to the 1 yard line.  

10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:
9:38 Saskatchewan Zach Collaros pass to Kyran Moore for 10 yards to the Ssk45. FUMBLE, recovered by Wpg (Anthony Gaitor) and returned for 45 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 0-6

Bombers won 5:22 into the game. Hell- our offense didn't even need to play today... lol

That's what the riders have been saying for awhile now.....

....it would have been nice if our offence could have generated some kind of points in the second half though.....getting absolutely zero points looked terrible

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

That's what the riders have been saying for awhile now.....

....it would have been nice if our offence could have generated some kind of points in the second half though.....getting absolutely zero points looked terrible

We ended the game at what the 25 yard line? We could have kicked a fg to pad the score, but we'd already won the game. I have no issues with empty frames in the second half; that game was in the books by half time.

Hi Everyone:

Keeping in mind that I am new to the CFL this year I was surprised at the small crowd when watching the video highlights on bluebombers.com.  Why the small turnout for such a big game?  I can only compare it to a big Giants - Eagles game (assuming my Giants are not the league-wide joke they are this year).  You wouldn't see an open seat anywhere in GIANTS STADIUM.  I refuse to call the new place MetLife.  It's still GIANTS STADIUM.  

3 minutes ago, Jim McD said:

Hi Everyone:

Keeping in mind that I am new to the CFL this year I was surprised at the small crowd when watching the video highlights on bluebombers.com.  Why the small turnout for such a big game?  I can only compare it to a big Giants - Eagles game (assuming my Giants are not the league-wide joke they are this year).  You wouldn't see an open seat anywhere in GIANTS STADIUM.  I refuse to call the new place MetLife.  It's still GIANTS STADIUM.  

CFL football is not nearly as big in Canada as NFL football is in the States.  Most of the people in Winnipeg are Jets fans first and foremost (...the Winnipeg Jets, that is...) and the Bombers are a distant second.

6 minutes ago, Jim McD said:

Hi Everyone:

New York City population: 8.5 million

Winnipeg population: 700 thousand 

You got your answer right there.

New York City population: 8.5 million

Winnipeg population: 700 thousand 

You got your answer right there.

=====

To be fair, my NFL team - the Green Bay Packers - are based in a city with a metro area of about 300,000 people and have sold out an 80,000 seat stadium for decades. Then again, they do have in excess of 4 million fans in the USA and Canada, so there's that. The other more pertinent factor is that this is Winnipeg in October, and the temperature yesterday was right around freezing (not even factoring the wind-chill temperature), as evidenced by TSN's clip of Streveler practicing pre-game in snow - as enthused as we all are of the way the Bombers have played as of late, it's a tougher sell to get the casual fan out for a game in conditions like that. Regardless, if it were a playoff game against the same Riders after this showing complete curb-stomping, I guarantee IG Field would be packed, even in November.

Edited by CanuckGod

35 minutes ago, Jim McD said:

Hi Everyone:

I would think the Jets fans would have something to say about that... just kidding, I can't stand the NFL Jets either :)

Winnipeg's namesake on the other hand... please just win the Cup already. Or at the very least, in June 2019.

50 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

The offense went super conservative in the 2nd half. They were up 31 points, no need to take changes, they knew damned well that if they didn't turn the ball over there was no chance Saskatchewan was going to come back. I too would have loved to see them drop 60 points on those assholes but I'll settle for building a big lead early and crushing their spirits by simply not allowing them to get any traction through big plays. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The offense went super conservative in the 2nd half. They were up 31 points, no need to take changes, they knew damned well that if they didn't turn the ball over there was no chance Saskatchewan was going to come back. I too would have loved to see them drop 60 points on those assholes but I'll settle for building a big lead early and crushing their spirits by simply not allowing them to get any traction through big plays. 

Fair enough, though they could have let Medlock kick that field goal right at the end to at least get something on the board in the 2nd half. I'll settle for the glass being 99% full though with that Riders goose egg on the scoreboard xD

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Yes but our game day chat option is where are the comments are. If you could turn it into a thread after the game it would be like 40 pages lol