Game 5 : Like A Hurricane

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

1) you're still being an unnecessary you-know-what.  I dont recall seeing the rumor mentioned by Eklund.  I've seen it repeated all over.  I seem to recall Friedman might have mentioned it too.  Does it matter or are we not to discuss rumors here?  Let me know whats allowed

2) You can search my posts, I defended Kulikov.  But this "its his first game" is a bit of a red herring since he was a healthy scratch and couldn't beat out Chiarot or Morrow  to crack the roster until someone got hurt.  I believe my first remark was "small sample size" to rip on me for giving my thoughts when I clearly acknowledged the short sample size is really just whining for the sake of whining

Suggesting trades after a small sample size deserves ripping...  I chuckled about it and you lost your mind...

But yes, I'm sure Chevy will pull off three blockbuster trades to resolve our defensive issues ha.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Suggesting trades after a small sample size deserves ripping...  I chuckled about it and you lost your mind...

But yes, I'm sure Chevy will pull off three blockbuster trades to resolve our defensive issues ha.

Incorrect.  I made a post and you, fresh off of eating a bowl of piss-laden cornflakes apparently, went nuts.  I dont know why.  But here's some free advice, this is a hockey forum and part of the fun of hockey forums is people make crazy trade suggestions all the time.  You can tell the difference between a very serious suggestion and a crazy one, in this case, by the preceding words "crazy trade suggestion".  

You might have a point if trade discussions were wildly unusual at this point in the season.  But they arent.  So chill out.

You're under no obligation to reply or exchange messages if you dislike the content and dont want to discuss.  Just ignore.  Its easy.

I might be less patient today because I've seen it far too many times with certain people jumping all over posters (some posters have been really beat up).  This is a fan forum.  Chill out.  Cause if you want to go nuts over a hockey post, Ill give as good as I get.  And we can throw it around all day until Rich has to come in and clean it up and chastise us both. 

How 'bout we save him the effort?  Im pretty sure the moderators will agree my post did not deserve a "ripping".  If you want to rip, dont be sensitive when you get it back.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Jee-zus... What just happened in this thread?

It's five games in, folks... That's the only small sample size worth discussing. And the team has three wins.

Last years playoffs really jaded some thinking that the wins would come easily this year, last years results mean nothing this year, way to early to jump off the ledge.

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Last years playoffs really jaded some thinking that the wins would come easily this year, last years results mean nothing this year, way to early to jump off the ledge.

People want a winner.  Same thing happened last year.  We were all ready to fire Maurice after the first game.

I just hope people remember, this is a discussion forum.  Ill quote The Walking Dead  "You're a good person.  Good people can disagree."   We've seen people actually bullied into not posting here.  People are free to think the sky is falling while others are free to plan the parade.  

Unlike what's going on here :), this specific game was rare in there were no real skirmishes or big hits to be seen other than Ferland briefly pushing a jet from behind and a Morrisey hip check along the boards. Other than that a very clean game with little violence. Just a random observation of no value other than the game can be entertaining with only speed and skill.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

3) Yes we are missing Toby because we're missing that smart first pass out of the D zone.  Since you agree Niku might work witb Buff, you're actually agreeing with me.

Yes we are missing him not going in the corner and just conceding the puck to the other team.  That I don't miss at all.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-10-15 at 6:59 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Yes we are missing him not going in the corner and just conceding the puck to the other team.  That I don't miss at all.

Bottom line.. He was a top 4 legit top 4 D. Chiarot and Morrow are not. Are we missing him? I dunno.. Personally i think he'd likely be on IR right now as injuries started adding up so.. No maybe we dont but in terms of being better than Chiarot and Morrow.. Yeah.. Hes missed. 

58 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bottom line.. He was a top 4 legit top 4 D. Chiarot and Morrow are not. Are we missing him? I dunno.. Personally i think he'd likely be on IR right now as injuries started adding up so.. No maybe we dont but in terms of being better than Chiarot and Morrow.. Yeah.. Hes missed. 

he's so good that no NHL team signed him and now he's playing in a second-tier league in Sweden.

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

If you knew the reason why he decided to go home maybe you wouldn't be so dickish. 

Oh good grief, what a silly comment.  "Dickish" - what nonsense.  Tell us all oh great one why Toby went home.  It doesn't change the fact that he's just not that good., and the Jets are better off.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Oh good grief, what a silly comment.  "Dickish" - what nonsense.  Tell us all oh great one why Toby went home.  It doesn't change the fact that he's just not that good., and the Jets are better off.

His wife has cancer ****. And we aren't better off cuz he was better than chiarot and Morrow

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

His wife has cancer ****. And we aren't better off cuz he was better than chiarot and Morrow

OK ****, thanks for the update ****.   I didn't realize you were his best bud in the whole world ****.  And we are better off cuz he isn't a very good player, and with Chiarot and Morrow we at least have some physicality on the ice ****.

I think if you asked 1000 hockey experts, the vast majority would say Toby is better than Chiarot and Morrow, both of whom played a lot less pro games then Toby.  The argument that no NHL team wanted Toby when the argument is him vs those guys doest hold a lot of water since the only team that wanted them seems to be the Jets.  

I like both guys, but we're missing Toby's skill set more than we're benefiting from Chairot's and Morrow.  Im not even criticizing the decision to walk away from Toby...there is age, money, injuries etc that play a part.  But we're missing his skillset right now.  Perhaps Niku comes in and provides that same skill set in a younger, cheaper, faster package.  Then it's moot.

I recall reading Toby had interest from other teams but chose to go home.  Who knows.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I recall reading Toby had interest from other teams but chose to go home.  Who knows.

And maybe this is true, and good on him if he went home because his wife has cancer.  He probably can play a lot longer in Sweden without getting injured, and that makes a ton of sense.  I do think Niku is the future, and it was time to get a spot for him open on the team.

Toby was very good defensively tho. Niku isnt that guy. Niku could be a Finnish Erik Karlsson tho. Really good Offensively strong D man and deadly in OT cuz kid can skate. 

Stanley in a couple years or Dylan Samberg could be. But they are a few years away still. 

Chia and Morrow aren't a good enough 2 3 LHD. 

Niku Chiarot is potentially a better than avg 2 3 tho. 

Chiarot would be a fine 3 lhd and Morrow is ideally depth. 

Myers Chiarot is a bad pair tho. Poolman Chiarot? I dunno. Avg 3rd pair in todays NHL.