Bombers / Riders Pre Game "Discussion"

TheBandit

8 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

FTR. The law doesnt care.

FTR: That's what I said in my post. Trying to get your post count up?😀

If it's his first offense, I doubt the Riders or the League do anything about it. He says he's sorry and pays his fine.

If this isn't his first offense, he calls himself an Alcoholic, which is a disease, so his employers have to try and help him. Can't fire him. (I stupidly hired an Alcoholic because their ex-boss gave them a glowing review. Took almost a year to get rid of them, then they wanted me to give them a glowing review to get back on their feet.)

Just now, TBURGESS said:

If it's his first offense, I doubt the Riders or the League do anything about it. He says he's sorry and pays his fine.

If this isn't his first offense, he calls himself an Alcoholic, which is a disease, so his employers have to try and help him. Can't fire him. (I stupidly hired an Alcoholic because their ex-boss gave them a glowing review. Took almost a year to get rid of them, then they wanted me to give them a glowing review to get back on their feet.)

You're sure he was an alcoholic BEFORE he started working for you??? 

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

You're sure he was an alcoholic BEFORE he started working for you??? 

Yup. I treated my folks very well. Gave them a lot of personal responsibility. Helped them when they needed it. Got outta their way when they didn't. I did well in 360's.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

You didn't hire an alcoholic, you hired a drunk. Big difference.

On 2018-10-15 at 11:33 PM, Booch said:

You guys have scored 22 offensive TDs all year after 16 games...and scored less than you have given up..that's post poor offence all around..and to have 10 wins at this point is totally smoke and mirrors and blind luck...and looking like luck has run out

SSK defensive TDs this season in 2018 to date: 9

CFL Regular season Record for defensive TDs: 11 (BC, 1987)

Yeah, SSK is having an abnormally good year on D.

6 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m pretty sure the answer is in your question..

I used to have a lot of respect for Hughes. Classy Stamps player but if it was all about the sack numbers in Calgary it seems that's all he's totally about now. He disappears for entire games now if he doesn't pressure the qb & when it comes to stopping the run. And now, this. Lost a ton of respect for him. Even his quote today about having support & people rallying behind him to help him get through this. Dude, just doesn't get it. This ain't about anyone helping him cope. It's about  being stupid & putting other people lives in danger. I'm sure a couple of sacks will put things right. 

58 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I used to have a lot of respect for Hughes. Classy Stamps player but if it was all about the sack numbers in Calgary it seems that's all he's totally about now. He disappears for entire games now if he doesn't pressure the qb & when it comes to stopping the run. And now, this. Lost a ton of respect for him. Even his quote today about having support & people rallying behind him to help him get through this. Dude, just doesn't get it. This ain't about anyone helping him cope. It's about  being stupid & putting other people lives in danger. I'm sure a couple of sacks will put things right. 

It looks like age is just catching up with him, he's 34 now, already has some Grey Cup rings... what else does he have to play for? As for the actual offense, I completely agree... doesn't matter the method of impairment, getting behind the wheel of a vehicle impaired is just plain stupid.