Bombers / Riders Pre Game "Discussion"

TheBandit

11 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

There is a very good possibility this happens. An exposed Rider team that's beat up likely isnt beating Calgary and BC may still be fighting for a spot when they play them last. Bombers have shown they cam dismantle Edmonton and Calgary is beatable. 

As BC just demonstrated. Bo Levi looked ordinary. Shes a tight race in the west Boys.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Not happy with how that mess turned out.  Glad I was at work and only listened on the radio. Doesn't matter. full credit for a big effort from your Defense.  Played a hell of a game and got it done. Wasn't good enough effort from us.  Not the end of the world either way.  Will make things more interesting now that's for sure

Bladek looks to be done for the season and Collaros was.....Collaros. The best of the season is probably behind the Riders.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Not happy with how that mess turned out.  Glad I was at work and only listened on the radio. Doesn't matter. full credit for a big effort from your Defense.  Played a hell of a game and got it done. Wasn't good enough effort from us.  Not the end of the world either way.  Will make things more interesting now that's for sure

Bladek looks to be done for the season and Collaros was.....Collaros. The best of the season is probably behind the Riders.

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Wow...The Bandit has been conspicuously absent lately.   Not man enough to come by after the game and offer his congratulations to the team that just shut out his team.  

I literally commented during and after the game. The bombers played a great game no denying that.

1 hour ago, TheBandit said:

We will find out in playoffs. I could careless what the Bombers did to the Riders yesterday. Playoffs are what matter .

And I sincerely hope that the Riders don't **** things up and play someone other than the Bombers in the playoffs. I want to face that team more than any other team in the playoffs. It's the easiest team to face in the playoffs

14 hours ago, Ripper said:

Brooks broke his leg.  That's a big blow for us.  Bladek is a great young player for us. Is what it is, but hate to see anyone get hurt. 

No, injuries suck & can affect the season negatively. Look at the Stamps with the injuries to their receivers. They're inept on offense throwing the ball now. I think they'll be extremely lucky to get out of the Western Division even with the Western Final at home. 

1 hour ago, TheBandit said:

We will find out in playoffs. I could careless what the Bombers did to the Riders yesterday. Playoffs are what matter .

Yes because most fans brush off the idea of losing 2 more o-linemen ,  qb locking in and missing targets,  receivers dropping balls,  qb getting hit on every play...  I'm sure none of this is concerning going into the playoffs....

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Yes because most fans brush off the idea of losing 2 more o-linemen ,  qb locking in and missing targets,  receivers dropping balls,  qb getting hit on every play...  I'm sure none of this is concerning going into the playoffs....

Not to mention getting shut out. The game was over at half-time.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Losing two starting OL & a starting DL. What? Why worry??? 

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And I sincerely hope that the Riders don't **** things up and play someone other than the Bombers in the playoffs. I want to face that team more than any other team in the playoffs. It's the easiest team to face in the playoffs

Nope. No team in the west playoffs are going to be easy. Sask has a very formidable defense. Yes their offense is suspect but again like ours it doesn't have  to dominate just has to be efficient. They were on a short week lets not get ahead of ourselves here.....going to be a good team in the west that isnt going to make it through. Lets wait to crow when the time is right...

Edited by bb1

2 hours ago, TheBandit said:

You said you were looking forward to the convo after this game..I guess only if the riders fluked out another win..but seeing as they were exposed as to what they really are..a severely weak team with thin depth and no offence at all and got some very fortunate wins due to other teams miscues and an opportunistic yet also lucky defence. 

When the luck runs out and fall/playoff football comes calling..they are toast...now with the injuries depleting you the whiney masses out there already have the built in excuse..you are very lucky you eeeked out those wins as you could..or really shoukd be the team on the verge of possibly on outside looking in

Short week excuse is just that at this time of year..an excuse.

If teams dont know other teams tendancies and base formations..habits..etc..etc..then they are badly coached.

There are no major tweeks/ changes at this time that have much an effect.. 

The last few games they have been exposed as what they are..unbalanced and fairly lucky..and that never lasts. Nor is a successful blue print..Jones threw all his eggs in one basket..his defence..and sacrificed and neglected his offence and depth/role guys...and well..u see the results. 

Also...having very few "character" and team first guys diesnt help..watching Jeffersons actions after the game and having to be held back and restrained by a teammate was a joke

18 hours ago, Ripper said:

Brooks broke his leg.  That's a big blow for us.  Bladek is a great young player for us. Is what it is, but hate to see anyone get hurt. 

I suggest that the Riders were winning because everything that could go right for them went right- they caught teams off their game, the Rider defence played way over their heads, they escaped key injuries for the most part and the Rider defence didn't screw up too badly. All this is catching up with them now and it will be all uphill to the finish line.

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I suggest that the Riders were winning because everything that could go right for them went right- they caught teams off their game, the Rider defence played way over their heads, they escaped key injuries for the most part and the Rider defence didn't screw up too badly. All this is catching up with them now and it will be all uphill to the finish line.

reminds me of our season in 2011.