Bombers / Riders Pre Game "Discussion"

TheBandit

1 hour ago, Booch said:

On another note...I find it quite comical that you can and do post here and are able to freely...disagreeing with many on a opposition fan site...at times doing so in a bit of a smug cocky way and get to still participate...and I post a comment on the Rider site about knee injuries...get a stupid comment shot back at me...and asked where I have been in the last while...so state I was just reading post...but didn't post as didn't feel like bickering...and now have lost my posting/replying privileges there...Just an example of the Juvenile/Infintile mentality there and major rerason why most around the league consider Rider fans and most things associated to them as the bigger D-Bags in the league...maybe you can find out and shed some light on the reason for me since you seem to be an avid poster on both sites and somewhat of a pied piper there :)

I don't know what happened and don't speak for anyone but myself. I try to show up win or lose. After all its just a game, it is supposed to be fun. People get carried away some times on these message boards.  I've done it myself

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I don't know what happened and don't speak for anyone but myself. I try to show up win or lose. After all its just a game, it is supposed to be fun. People get carried away some times on these message boards.  I've done it myself

interesting comments - I post on the Rider site all the time and (so far in any event) have not been banned. And I have no problem with Ripper posting here. May not agree with him but have not seen anything that would indicate he just trolls. I would like to see more fans from other sites posting here. Must of you guys were never around for Total-CFL - but if you think things can get a little tense here - should have been there! Wow some Fun!

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

So our defence doesn't really help us to win with the turnovers they get......it's the other team beating themselves ?

Look at the turnovers in the banjo bowl. Nichols didn't play very good but I suggest the amount of pressure from the Rider Dline had a lot to do with that.  Qb's that have a lot of time to just stand there don't usually throw too many picks, although it does happen sometimes. The Bombers had a good defensive game plan going into last week. They blitzed every time the riders emptied the back field. They saw something on film and they pursued it. It worked.  We were down 14 nothing and your offense still had not registered a first down yet. We were down quick and it was over, we simply couldn't bounce back. That is how defense wins championships, they crush the spirit of the other team. You did that to us last week, full credit to you. I have faith that our season isn't over just yet. Nobody gives away anything in football, the good teams take it. 

Edited by Ripper

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

interesting comments - I post on the Rider site all the time and (so far in any event) have not been banned. And I have no problem with Ripper posting here. May not agree with him but have not seen anything that would indicate he just trolls. I would like to see more fans from other sites posting here. Must of you guys were never around for Total-CFL - but if you think things can get a little tense here - should have been there! Wow some Fun!

I have been banned from Riderfans before so its not just out of towners that get a time out

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Look at the turnovers in the banjo bowl. Nichols didn't play very good but I suggest the amount of pressure from the Rider Dline had a lot to do with that.  Qb's that have a lot of time to just stand there don't usually throw too many picks, although it does happen sometimes. The Bombers had a good defensive game plan going into last week. They blitzed every time the riders emptied the back field. They saw something on film and they pursued it. It worked.  We were down 14 nothing and your offense still had not registered a first down yet. We were down quick and it was over, we simply couldn't bounce back. That is how defense wins championships, they crush the spirit of the other team. You did that to us last week, full credit to you. I have faith that our season isn't over just yet. Nobody gives away anything in football, the good teams take it. 

Defense can win a championship yeah..to help out a team that doesn't score a lot..the Ridrrs for the most part cant score at all...and that's your bc teams problem..can't expect week in and week out for a defense to do your scoring..and pitch a shut out..

Looking at numbers..you have scored less than your defense has given up...QB barely throwing over 60 percent..13 ints to 9 TD's..no receiver in top 20..scored 22 offensive touchdowns..ALL FRIGGEN YEAR! 

If you just seen those numbers alone not knowing anything else would you think that team was successful and a cup contender? A threat of any type?

Would you believe they could be 10-6 and not a very lucky team..with a term like smoke and full mirrors?

Now if you say yes..well then you gotta be full of what the fanbase dumped on McCallums front lawn...and if the show was on other foot..every green blooded Rider goof would say Winnipeg was not as good as record...worst 10-6 team ever..lucky..whatever term you want to use and you cant deny it..

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Christ some of the posters there start basically saying.."time for a banning"

That has been said to me here many times. You probably never noticed. The actual banning hasn't happened. But I have been warned by Mike one time to settle it down and I took it seriously and did.

Kudos to you...at least u show that your reasonable then and somewhat in check with reality.

Cant say same for many on either forum lol

Tho I stand by my statement that the Rider board is pretty trigger happy if you go against or say anything negative about that team..even when your right..grow a set I say hahaha

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's brutal. Wonder what the punishment looks like.

255 (1) Everyone who commits an offence under subsection 253(1), paragraph 253(3)(a) or (c) or section 254 is guilty of an indictable offence or an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable,

• (a) whether the offence is prosecuted by indictment or punishable on summary conviction, to the following minimum punishment, namely,

• (i) for a first offence, to a fine of not less than $1,000,

• (ii) for a second offence, to imprisonment for not less than 30 days, and

• (iii) for each subsequent offence, to imprisonment for not less than 120 days;

• (b) where the offence is prosecuted by indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; and

• (c) if the offence is punishable on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term of not more than 18 months.

Just now, Ripper said:

Of course he isn't. This isn't much of a story except to those who want to try to make it into one. 

Isn't a story? The man was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. The guy refused the breathalyzer and was wasted. 

Luckily he didn't kill anyone. Luckily. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Isn't a story? The man was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. The guy refused the breathalyzer and was wasted. 

Luckily he didn't kill anyone. Luckily. 

LOL, ok then.  How many people got charged in Winnipeg last night with impaired driving?  It happens every day in every city