Bombers / Riders Pre Game "Discussion"

TheBandit

2 hours ago, TheBandit said:

Shouldn’t be relying on your running back as a full time reciever. 

Shouldn’t be relying on your defense to drag your offense kicking and screaming to a win. That luck's going to run out pretty soon.  SMH... riders, luckiest 9-7 team ever. 

riders suck.

9 hours ago, TheBandit said:

Shouldn’t be relying on your running back as a full time reciever. 

I mean, sure... let's just ignore the fact Harris is second in rushing yards (by all of three yards despite ten less carries than Powell), second in YPC, and first in rushing TDs by a tailback. Oh, and he's on pace for a career season in rushing yards and games with 100+ rush yards in a season. Oh, and he's on pace for his lowest receiving yards total since joining this team and would be the second lowest of his career. Oh, and also his lowest receptions total since joining this team.

You make some dumb comments here but that one there is hands down the dumbest one you've made yet. Why let reality get in the way of moronic ****-posting, right?

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I mean, sure... let's just ignore the fact Harris is second in rushing yards (by all of three yards despite ten less carries than Powell), second in YPC, and first in rushing TDs by a tailback. Oh, and he's on pace for a career season in rushing yards and games with 100+ rush yards in a season. Oh, and he's on pace for his lowest receiving yards total since joining this team and would be the second lowest of his career. Oh, and also his lowest receptions total since joining this team.

You make some dumb comments here but that one there is hands down the dumbest one you've made yet. Why let reality get in the way of moronic ****-posting, right?

What I am suggesting is that you shouldn't be relying on your RB to be your main receiver. Explain to me why your team can't recruit better receivers? Wouldn't you rather throw to an all star receiver 20-30 yards down the field instead of hitting Harris 5-8 yards away? If you love 5-8 yard gains that's on you I guess.

8 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

What I am suggesting is that you shouldn't be relying on your RB to be your main receiver. Explain to me why your team can't recruit better receivers? Wouldn't you rather throw to an all star receiver 20-30 yards down the field instead of hitting Harris 5-8 yards away? If you love 5-8 yard gains that's on you I guess.

Well... those fancy receivers the riders have are doing wonders. How about you worry about your QB situation.... Running back situation.... Oline situation.... ah hell- your entire offense; before you critique our lack of receivers. 

Say hi to your aunt-daughter for me. 

riders SUCK. 

11 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Funny statement as your 2 "top" recruited receivers sit 16th and 17th in the league with a total of 4 TD's between them....and our leading Canadian has as many TD's and and just over 100 yards less than your top guy in yards gained...so how's your recruiting going??

11 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

You weren't suggesting anything with your asinine comment. Expecting a fan to explain management's decisions is also pretty dumb... Explain to me why you think anyone here would be able to answer that question. Also, Harris isn't the team's leading or "main" receiver but as the offense goes, you bet he's a leader.

Of course I'd love a better receiving corps. But the team stood pat yesterday and that's that. Would another all-star receiver help? Maybe. Nichols has been mostly awful this season, so who's to say if another receiver would even make a difference. We saw how putrid Bowman was here. I mean, go ahead and ignore the fact the Bombers have the top scoring offense and the fact the run game becomes even more crucial now that the cold weather is upon us.

Should I ask you to explain why your team can't hire a better OC, find O-line talent, can only retread tailbacks the NFL chewed up and spit out, and has to rely on its defense to win games because the offense is arguably the worst in the league despite some pretty talented receivers?

You seem to have nothing better to do with your time than troll an opponent's forum and make useless ****-posts. That's definitely on you and you're not fooling anyone.

13 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well... those fancy receivers the riders have are doing wonders. How about you worry about your QB situation.... Running back situation.... Oline situation.... ah hell- your entire offense; before you critique our lack of receivers. 

Say hi to your aunt-daughter for me. 

riders SUCK. 

The same o-line that leads the league in least sacks allowed? Our running back situation is 2nd place behind you elite running back.....and our time of possession is greater than yours........while our QB may not be putting up big numbers in TD's....he is managing an offense and that's enough to win games.

But good try. Somehow the Riders are still 2-0 against your elite QB and offense?

25 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

But good try. Somehow the Riders are still 2-0 against your elite QB and offense?

Well yeah- we have covered this, riders are crazy ******* lucky- like never mind horseshoe up the ass- they have all four shoes, legs, hell the whole ******* horse up their collective asses.

don't worry though- their luck will run out and when the smoke and mirrors are gone and your team implodes- just huddle up to your father-aunt.

riders SUCK

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Just now, TheBandit said:

Yet you say how bad our team is? Does that mean your team is also brutal? Only good team in CFL this year is Calgary then? gotchya k I can live with that.

You can live with being obtuse and a ****-posting troll...?

A measure of a good and efficient offense is points scored. Despite a marginally lower average TOP, the Bombers have scored way more points (429 >> 302), more TDs (44 >> 22), put up more yards (5433 >> 4886), and more first downs (336 >> 265), and less 2 & outs (69 >> 86).

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You can live with being obtuse and a ****-posting troll...?

A measure of a good and efficient offense is points scored. Despite a marginally lower average TOP, the Bombers have scored way more points (429 >> 302), more TDs (44 >> 22), put up more yards (5433 >> 4886), and more first downs (336 >> 265), and less 2 & outs (69 >> 86).

I'm not trolling you. I'm putting out facts. The fact is this....The bombers have a better offense than the riders. The riders have a better special teams and a better defense than the Bombers. Overall as of todays date, the Riders are the better team because they have three phases of football, the Bombers do not. Look at your special teams return game, you constantly bash your returner because you aren't happy with him. This year I have seen more kick and punt returns than any other year as a Rider fan and that's because we have a better special teams then the previous years.

You don't need ONLY an offense to win games, you need to have a team that can play three phases of football. The Bombers are playing better football now because their defense is showing up to play football. That's why you are winning.

40 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

The same o-line that leads the league in least sacks allowed? Our running back situation is 2nd place behind you elite running back.....and our time of possession is greater than yours........while our QB may not be putting up big numbers in TD's....he is managing an offense and that's enough to win games.

Only reason you are best in sacks given up is because you do not stand in pocket to make a play...due to crap o-line

Sask ranks 8th in first downs..6th in 1st downs rushing..7th in first downs passing..6th in net offence..8th is passing TD's and 8th in scrimmage plays....so all this time of possession superiority you boast is amounting to didddly squat in the grand scheme of things really...and the QB managing an offense well enough to win games?...hardly as the stats don't lie....your offence is riding the coat tails of some opportunistic, and at times lucky help from your defense...which isn't a recipe for success...especially in play-offs...and unsustainable....because thats what every Rider fan claimed when in 2016 we were winning majority of the games the same way....unless the largely uneducated fan out West fails to remember..or recall that lil tidbit

9 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

The majority of those 2017 numbers were racked up after Edmonton already beat us to the curb. Of course, we had a pathetic plethora of receivers out there. 

I see this explanation often when fans want to “expose” the Bombers when they are trailing in a game and put up big yardage. And yet when other teams do it to us, (latest example..Ottawa) then, it’s not garbage time for them, but rather our pathetic defence. Why is that? Why the double standard? Does is not work both ways?

Edited by Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I see this explanation often when fans want to “expose” the Bombers when they are trailing in a game and put up big yardage. And yet when other teams do it to us, (latest example..Ottawa) then, it’s not garbage time for them, but rather our pathetic defence. Why is that? Why the double standard? Does is not work both ways?

The double standard is because these people only see negatives for the bombers and positives for everyone else. 

That negative slant they have on life is a brutal thing and it keeps them from seeing things clearly. 

5 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Lol you guys don't get it. I guess offense only wins you games in Bomber land.

We get it just fine. You've done nothing in this thread but misconstrue others' comments and respond with cherry-picked nonsense and useless ****-posts, moving your goalposts as you go on.

You don't necessarily need all three phases to win; we've seen as much over the years with several teams during the regular season. However, balance obviously helps, especially come playoff time.

29 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

I'm not trolling you. I'm putting out facts. The fact is this....The bombers have a better offense than the riders. The riders have a better special teams and a better defense than the Bombers. Overall as of todays date, the Riders are the better team because they have three phases of football, the Bombers do not. Look at your special teams return game, you constantly bash your returner because you aren't happy with him. This year I have seen more kick and punt returns than any other year as a Rider fan and that's because we have a better special teams then the previous years.

You don't need ONLY an offense to win games, you need to have a team that can play three phases of football. The Bombers are playing better football now because their defense is showing up to play football. That's why you are winning.

We have given up 365 points...Riders have given up 373...we both have given up 30 offensive TD's...we have given up 13 passing TD's (2nd in league) you guys 20 (good for 6th)...We forced 41 turn overs...Riders 36..tied for interceptions and and fumble recoveries...and have 131 points off turnover as opposed to 91 for the Riders...you do have edge in sacks 41 to 37 but most of yours come from 2 guys, where Winnipeg doesn't have to rely on 2 guys.

So based on stats..which you seem to indicate don't lie..how is the Rider defense better...statistically in all the major points you trail Winnipeg??

Also..you are dead last in punting average and net punting..sixth in kick off average...we are tied at 3rd for punt return average given up..Riders have given up 3 kick return Td's to our 1...we blocked 3...you blocked 2...though you have returned 4 and we have returned 1...and we have least ST penalties in the league...so again...how are the riders far superior? 

Based on numbers and stats...it seems that the Rider's are a far superior team in luck and horseshoes moreso than in ability...based on stats

Edited by Booch

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

We have given up 365 points...Riders have given up 373...we both have given up 30 offensive TD's...we have given up 13 passing TD's (2nd in league) you guys 20 (good for 6th)...We forced 41 turn overs...Riders 36..tied for interceptions and and fumble recoveries...and have 131 points off turnover as opposed to 91 for the Riders...you do have edge in sacks 41 to 37 but most of yours come from 2 guys, where Winnipeg doesn't have to rely on 2 guys.

So based on stats..which you seem to indicate don't lie..how is the Rider defense better...statistically in all the major points you trail Winnipeg??

Also..you are dead last in punting average and net punting..sixth in kick off average...we are tied at 3rd for punt return average given up..Riders have given up 3 kick return Td's to our 1...we blocked 3...you blocked 2...though you have returned 4 and we have returned 1...and we have least ST penalties in the league...so again...how are the riders far superior? 

Based on numbers and stats...it seems that the Rider's are a far superior team in luck and horseshoes moreso than in ability...based on stats

Yet somehow...you're three games behind the Riders...couldn't win the two games against the Riders and lost in your own barn.

Stats are meaningless if you aren't putting up W's.

56 minutes ago, Booch said:

SLOW DOWN. There are WAY to many numbers in this post for any rider fan to really understand. Please limit the numbers in any given post to 4 when speaking with a rider fan.