CFL TRADE DEADLINE !!!

Floyd

All but two teams are in the thick of it.  Also, the usual bargaining chips used by buyers at a trade deadline is prospects and/or draft picks.  While important, the CFL draft is not the immediate game changer of other leagues.  The other thing about professional football is that scheme and ratio-management are huge.  An MLB team picking up a starting pitcher or an NFL team picking up a second line centre can be plug and play.  There are very few situations that a player can arrive and contribute without an equal amount of disruption.

While fans love the idea of putting together a fantasy football team, the reality is much different.

54 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Duane Forde mentioning that the Bombers should make a play for Ernest Jackson was the only intelligent comment made on Friday's broadcast.   If only...

With all the draft picks Walters has accumulated and all the ones Montreal have given away you'd think there would be something to be worked out there. Guy like Jackson could really help this team. 

58 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Duane Forde mentioning that the Bombers should make a play for Ernest Jackson was the only intelligent comment made on Friday's broadcast.   If only...

I'd prefer Cunningham over Jackson....   I wouldn't want to give up much though for any of them though...

I seriously don't see anyone available that would make a huge difference to the bombers - not sure I want Jackson at 32 or SJ Green...  we already have Dressler

Maybe Stef Logan or Chris Rainey....?

I'm skeptical - don't see a deal out there...

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

And a 32 year old Ernest Jackson is that now....?  Or a concussed SJ Green?

What big time receiver is available - honest question

I don't necessarily think either one of them is a "big time" receiver, but they'd certainly be an upgrade. When you got a group of 7s, you don't pass up an 8 because you're looking for a 10.

Slim pickings on those rosters...

Montreal - I'd only look at Tevaughn Campbell or Sean Jamieson (as 6th OL)

Toronto - Armanti Edwards, if Laing is FA coming up - maybe could pry him out

But yeah aside from that - there's literally no one on those rosters that will make us better