Hervey Questions Jennings Work Ethic

SpeedFlex27

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you’re ever wondering why everyone thinks you’re so annoying, go back and read this post. 

Everyone thinks everyone else is annoying. That's how it goes around here. It's just my opinion. Why should that bother you? Just move on or use the ignore function, I do. If you want to talk football instead, how annoying was it when Ottawa came back with 15 points in 4 minutes to tie it late? How annoying have these late collapses by our D been this year, last year, in the playoffs, for as long as MOS has been here? Is there another team in this league that blows leads late like we do? Talk about annoying.

28 minutes ago, J5V said:

I agree he's not very good. What bugs me is that a guy that's not very good kicked our asses.

He was super good at handing the ball off that game, you're right.

Also that guy hasnt beat this team. Please dont join the source in thinking the last 30 years, all players, coaches and management has remained the same.

25 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He was super good at handing the ball off that game, you're right.

Also that guy hasnt beat this team. Please dont join the source in thinking the last 30 years, all players, coaches and management has remained the same.

No worries. LOL.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How the hell does a thread about the Lions, Ed Hervey & Jonathan Jennings work ethic become another bitchfest about the Bombers? Every god damned thread is turning into that around here. This thread has nothing to do about the Bombers. 

Because some people are one track minds. 

Jennings though has got to be the most frustrating qb to have on your team. Comes I  shows the raw tools and catches the league unaware but then rests on his tools and doesn't know what to do when the league figures out his schtick. Just embarrassing. Be a pro and he could be a good qb, but no too dumb to try and be better.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Because some people are one track minds. 

Jennings though has got to be the most frustrating qb to have on your team. Comes I  shows the raw tools and catches the league unaware but then rests on his tools and doesn't know what to do when the league figures out his schtick. Just embarrassing. Be a pro and he could be a good qb, but no too dumb to try and be better.

Million dollar body & ten cent head. He doesn't see the game as well as other starting qbs do. At times, it looks like he's thinking in slow motion as everything speeds by him. That is both a lack of coaching & preparation on his part. A qb with his number of starts should be seeing things a lot better yet he doesn't.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, voodoochylde said:

Given he’s a product of Wally’s system I can get behind that.

Only that Lulay is part of that system, too. If he never suffered the injuries he did, Travis would have been the GOAT for the Lions at qb. I think it's an individual thing. The IQ of a player. Jennings to me just doesn't have what it takes on an academic level to be a great player.

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Its going to be a very interesting offseason. I bet jennings ends up a back up for another team. 

Can't see Lulay back either. As good as he is when he does play as a starter, he can't be just game to game & susceptible to more injuries.  Hervey will have to completely revamp the qb position in BC.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, J5V said:

Everyone thinks everyone else is annoying. That's how it goes around here. It's just my opinion. Why should that bother you? Just move on or use the ignore function, I do. If you want to talk football instead, how annoying was it when Ottawa came back with 15 points in 4 minutes to tie it late? How annoying have these late collapses by our D been this year, last year, in the playoffs, for as long as MOS has been here? Is there another team in this league that blows leads late like we do? Talk about annoying.

The reason it’s annoying is because you spew the same nonsense in every thread. This thread had nothing to do with the Bombers and you come in here and make it about the Bombers. It’s extremely frustrating.

I don’t have much of an issue with calling out the different groups of players on the team. Being general in your criticism is not a bad thing. However, that should be the duty of the coach. The GM should STFU because that is just toxic to the workplace 

Interesting interview with Harvey explaining his comments. 

http://3downnation.com/2018/10/08/lions-gm-ed-hervey-explains-comments-about-jennings-calls-agents-response-cute-colourful-and-amusing/

Hervey: “The misunderstanding – people were acting as if I was criticising – it was a fair question that was asked to me about where I see him and I’ve been around some guys and how he ranks: I’ve been around Ricky Ray, I’ve been around Jason Maas, I’ve been around Mike Reilly and I was just answering the question honestly. And if people are not prepared to hear honest answers than close your ears. That’s the way I am, I wasn’t taking a nock on the young man, I’ve been one of his biggest supporters. But what I see is what I see. The ones that have wanted to be elite are around, they spend a lot of time with their coordinators. It wasn’t a knock that he’s not doing it because I think he can’t be [elite]. I don’t think Jonathon was sensitive about it, I think it was more so his agent that was more sensitive about it.”

Still don’t think these things should be said in the media regardless of if you are answering a question honestly.  Some things are best kept behind closed doors. 

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

Interesting interview with Harvey explaining his comments. 

http://3downnation.com/2018/10/08/lions-gm-ed-hervey-explains-comments-about-jennings-calls-agents-response-cute-colourful-and-amusing/

Still don’t think these things should be said in the media regardless of if you are answering a question honestly.  Some things are best kept behind closed doors. 

Yeah. He can paint it however you like it is the fastest way to a poison work environment. Again, you can criticize but the best way is in a general way. My understanding is that Jennings works as hard as anyone else on that team.

This reminds me when Bauer and Kelly went after Simpson in the press. Dicks.