Hervey Questions Jennings Work Ethic

SpeedFlex27

Not surprising considering Jennings schizophrenic playing style & the fact he's Wally's guy. Hervey is handcuffed by the fact Wally wants him there.  I think Wally still runs things even with Hervey there & no way Ed can get rid of Jennings until Wally is gone.  Lulay is a lost cause as far as I'm concerned. No team can rely on a starting qb who gets hurt as much as he does. 

http://3downnation.com/2018/10/06/b-c-lions-gm-ed-hervey-questions-jon-jennings-work-ethic/

Edited by SpeedFlex27

There is so much preparation needed to be a qb at the pro level. If a player  doesn't have the work ethic coming out of college I think it's highly doubtful they'll develop that as a pro player. There has to be a certain amount of motivation to do the prepatory work & much more both positive & negative.

The Negatives: To be afraid of failure. To not care. To accept mediocrity. To not push yourself to see just how great you could be. To go out & play like stink.  To not have the respect of your teammates.  To not have the trust of your coaches. To not trust your eyes & hold onto the ball too long or force it into coverage resulting in turnovers. To have the game fly by you at warp speed. To fold under pressure. To make mistakes. To fail. To lose. To be cut.

The Positives: To be confident throwing the ball. To be prepared for every situation presented. To quickly recognize all defensive sets & formations with certainty. To be able to exploit an opponent's defensive weakness. To be able to make quick decisions. To get rid of the ball quickly. To have your coaches trust.  To play at a consistently high level throughout the season. To set a high standard for yourself. To trust your eyes when you see an open receiver or anticipate one getting open. To believe in your ability as a qb even if others don't.  To have the respect of your teammates. To be a team leader. To not fail or be afraid to make mistakes. To win championships. 

I see more negatives for Jennings than I do positives. Unless he plays great in the remaining games the Lions have then next year he'll be elsewhere.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

14 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Hervey definitely shouldn’t be discussing this publicly but it’s well known that he’s a complete moron so it’s no surprise. On the other hand, Jennings is bad and will always be bad so if Hervey alienates him to the point of leaving, it’s a net gain. 

Unless he undergoes a total transformation, Jennings will never be an elite qb.  If I was a Lions fan, I'd be so frustrated with the guy. He's had 4 seasons to prove himself & really done nothing. Yet he stays as the Lions can't find anyone better plus the fact Wally likes him. Hervey sure doesn't. And what did Jennings do today? Beat a very bad Argos team. Not much really. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Unless he undergoes a total transformation, Jennings will never be an elite qb.  If I was a Lions fan, I'd be so frustrated with the guy. He's had 4 seasons to prove himself & really done nothing. Yet he stays as the Lions can't find anyone better plus the fact Wally likes him. Hervey sure doesn't. And what did Jennings do today? Beat a very bad Argos team. Not much really. 

MBT literally gave that game away - yet the Argos were close to mounting a come back in the end. 

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

MBT literally gave that game away - yet the Argos were close to mounting a come back in the end. 

One of the few games that was so bad I just stopped watching it. From the start of the game it was clear the Argos would lose so I watched some college football & went out. In 3DN it says Jennings just played well enough to win. That told me the story of the guy & just how bad Jennings is. He's barely average.  Glad I didn't watch past the first quarter.

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

One of the few games that was so bad I just stopped watching it. From the start of the game it was clear the Argos would lose so I watched some college football & went out. In 3DN it says Jennings just played well enough to win. That told me the story of the guy & just how bad Jennings is. He's barely average.  Glad I didn't watch past the first quarter.

Yet the guy was fantastic in beating us in the 2016 WSF. This was a game we led by as many as 19 points. A guy you say is barely average destroyed our D and broke our hearts. That was 2 years ago.

The whole league believes they can beat our D no matter how big a lead we have, and they're right. We had a 15 point lead just 2 days ago and blew that. There are some things you can just count on and thanks to Mike O'Shea, one of them is Richie Hall's D performing a late collapse. We've been seeing it for years. 

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Yet the guy was fantastic in beating us in the 2016 WSF. This was a game we led by as many as 19 points. A guy you say is barely average destroyed our D and broke our hearts. That was 2 years ago.

The whole league believes they can beat our D no matter how big a lead we have, and they're right. We had a 15 point lead just 2 days ago and blew that. There are some things you can just count on and thanks to Mike O'Shea, one of them is Richie Hall's D performing a late collapse. We've been seeing it for years. 

And has been literally garbage against us since then.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

If you’re ever wondering why everyone thinks you’re so annoying, go back and read this post. 

46 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

And has been literally garbage against us since then.

I agree he's not very good. What bugs me is that a guy that's not very good kicked our asses.