Game Day Thread- Week Seventeen, GAME 15: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ REDBLACKS October 5th, 2018

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

They technically got the challenge right. They got the call on the field wrong.

Yes, on that I believe you are correct.  I was merely commenting on how they are supposed to call the challenge. That said, the CFL officiating has been wildly inconsistent on this issue and have never gone by their own rules: namely, the standard for a overruling of the call on the field is  irrefutable, definitive  evidence. 

10 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Technically speaking, they may have got it right; there needs to be irrefutable evidence to overturn the call on the field. I am not sure we 100% met that standard. What bugs me, however, is on the earlier challenge from Campbell where they did over rule, there was also not definitive evidence.

The challenges are horrible.  And it's horrible that the coaches only get one win or lose.  Should be unlimited if they keep winning.  They try so hard to use it on an impactful play that many times they hold the challenge when there's a play they should challenge, especially earlier in games.  There's been at least a half-dozen plays in this game that should have been challenged.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The challenges are horrible.  And it's horrible that the coaches only get one win or lose.  Should be unlimited if they keep winning.  They try so hard to use it on an impactful play that many times they hold the challenge when there's a play they should challenge, especially earlier in games.  There's been at least a half-dozen plays in this game that should have been challenged.

I can’t agree with this. I feel the game is improved by limiting the challenges. There were a lot of fishing expeditions going on.

In terms of your point that there is now a significant amount of pressure on which play you’re  going to use that challenge on, you are 100% correct.

But by that standard, why wouldn’t MOS uses his challenge on a play that would’ve moved the ball down to the 1 yard line with a fresh set of downs? He has also made several mystifying challenges in previous games that would give us a first down at her own 35 yard line in 2nd quarter.

It’s these type of decisions that leave me questioning our head coach.