The Weather

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Halloween was chilly over here after about an hour outside but managed , kid got herself a ton. Not as many out this year it seemed, atleast in this area here 

Yeah, lower turnout in my area this year (South St. Vital).  We had 46 where we usually have around 90.

I also noticed far fewer local kids around our block but we had a record number of carloads from elsewhere. I have never seen the street so full of cars and didn't recognize a soul. It was crazy dangerous. Good thing my son was hard to miss in his inflatable costume. 

• 3 months later...

and winter will not go away it kind of reminds me of march of 2012 when we had a thunderstorm on the last day of Winter

A strong winter storm is poised to affect southern Manitoba this weekend. This system will likely bring snow, rain, freezing rain, and even a few rumbles of thunder.

Snow will begin in southern Manitoba Saturday evening. On Saturday night, snow may change to freezing rain and rain in southeast parts of the province including the Red River Valley. Where the precipitation remains snow, likely west and north of the Red River Valley, significant accumulations of 20 to 30 cm could occur. Winter Storm Watches and Warnings likely to be issued closer to event time for these areas.

Strong winds with gusts up to 80 km/h Saturday night and Sunday will give low visibility in blowing snow. Unnecessary travel is not recommended.

The exact track of this system is uncertain and as a result, the location of the snow, freezing rain, and rain is uncertain and will become more clear as the system approaches.

The storm will move out of the region Monday.

Environmant Canada really scaled back the amount of snow the Winnipeg area will get. At least from the forecast I read this morning. I think the amount of rain & freezing rain will affect the amount of snow you guys get. Here in Calgary, we've got close to 20 cms of new snow on the ground. We've had 2 years of bad drought so I hope that this means we'll get more snow & rain for the remainder of March & into spring. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Environmant Canada really scaled back the amount of snow the Winnipeg area will get. At least from the forecast I read this morning. I think the amount of rain & freezing rain will affect the amount of snow you guys get. Here in Calgary, we've got close to 20 cms of new snow on the ground. We've had 2 years of bad drought so I hope that this means we'll get more snow & rain for the remainder of March & into spring. 

Looks like Regina is going to get hammered with up to 20cm of snow today.

Brandon wont get as much snow but they are expecting high winds so they may get blizzard conditions.

For Winnipeg, like you said the worse might be the freezing rain. Hopefully the temps stay below zero today. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

We need a middle finger emoji

Not to be greedy but I'd raise that to a double handed middle finger emoji needed.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Just looked outside and saw no signs of this terrible weather you guys are talking about? 😂

20240301-163202.jpg

Seems like I picked a good time to head south!

I see blowing snow and sleet on your horizon as I poke needles into my voodoo doll.

Looks very nice. 🙂