Next Up At Ottawa

38 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Bombers signed five players to their practice roster on September 17, including recent draft pick Jacob Firlotte. International receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, linebacker Kache Palacio and defensive back Boobie Hobbs also joined the Bombers.

Since that time they have released Boobie Hobbs.

Since June 15-17th until now the Redblacks have added 20 players to their practice roster. In the same time period the Bombers have added 12. Nearly double. Is that significant?

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

Stop using facts to prove your point. It’s confusing to some. 😁

What is his point? Ottawa has added nearly double the players we have.

7 hours ago, J5V said:

Since June 15-17th until now the Redblacks have added 20 players to their practice roster. In the same time period the Bombers have added 12. Nearly double. Is that significant?

I don't really read the same things into practice rosters that I do active rosters.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 47m47 minutes ago

Darrin Bauming Retweeted Darrin Bauming

Appears Ottawa will start a Canadian in place of Pruneau — third-year Laval product Jean-Philippe Bolduc is listed as their starting safety.

Hopefully something the offense can take advantage of.

Pruneau injured...??

14 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

The Bombers signed five players to their practice roster on September 17, including recent draft pick Jacob Firlotte. International receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, linebacker Kache Palacio and defensive back Boobie Hobbs also joined the Bombers.

Since that time they have released Boobie Hobbs.

This name sounds so familiar but can't place it, the Bombers had a big DE or OG named Kenny "something" a couple of years back, can anyone remember his last name?

CFL GAME NOTES:

CFL Game #71 Team Notes – Winnipeg at Ottawa:

 Lewis Ward 37 FGs in a row: Ward has not missed a FG attempt since the season opener and is now 40-for-41 97% with a streak of 37 makes in a row, the 2nd-longest streak ever made & longest within a single season. His 37 in a row is 2 back of Rene Paredes' 39 straight across 2012-13.

 Brad Sinopoli: Recorded his 10th career 100-yard game last week and reached the 1,000-yard mark for a 4th straight year. he joined a club of just 21 players all-time that have made it to 1K in 4 consecutive seasons. Just one of those players before Sinopoli did it with Ottawa - Tony Gabriel in 1975-78.

Mike Miller 154 ST: Has pulled into a tie for the CFL lead in Special Teams Tackles with 16. The New Brunswick native is up to 154 in his career and that ranks him #12 all-time, 4 back of #11 Ray Biggs at 158 and 7 short of the Top 10. Miller has recorded at least one ST Tackle in 88 of his 136 career games - a remarkable 65% of his appearances.

William Powell 100+: Leads the CFL in rushing, something no Ottawa player has done since Orville Lee in 1988. He has 6 games of 100+ yards, the first since Jon Cornish in 2014 with 6 or more. The last player with 7 or more 100's was Cornish in 2013. In 2018 when Powell has rushed for 100+ yards the REDBLACKS are 5-1.

Consecutive 32-yard Converts: Since the 2015 move of the 1-point convert kick out to 32 yards, none have been better than Justin Medlock of late. He is a perfect 44-of-44 in 2018 and has now made 53 in a row from 32 yards. The longest streaks including Medlock's CFL record of 82 in a row from the 32-yard distance from 2015 to 2017.

 Adam Bighill: With 592 defensive tackles he needs 8 for 600 and 10 to tie Singor Mobley for #17 all-time. Bighill will make his 100th career start.

Medlock Inside the 10: Justin Medlock had just one punt inside the 10 in the first 7 games; he has 11 in his last 7 games however to lead the CFL with a career-high of 12 in total. He has a current streak of 5 straight games with at least one.

Matt Nichols 80%: Threw just one pass deeper than 20+ yards last week but was 13-for-14 on attempts of 9 yards or less. he has won his last two starts after a 4-game slide, the longest streak of losing starts in his entire CFL career. Last week he completed 80% of his passes - that matched his career best set originally on Aug 17/17 (32/40).

 Ottawa Playoff Position: The REDBLACKS can clinch a playoff spot with a win or tie this week and that would make it 4 years in a row. That would be their second-longest playoff run since 1983 - their 1990-94 run was accomplished without a single year above .500. A win also clinches a .500 record for the first time since 2015 (8-9-1 in the last two years).

 128 / 30%: The Bombers have 128 of their 426 points off Opponent T/Os - at 30% of their total it is the highest % in the CFL.

Discipline: The Bombers are the least penalized team in the CFL at just 56 yards per game and 7.3 penalty calls (incl. declined).

Off a Bye This Week: The REDBLACKS have gone 4-6 off a bye week since joining the CFL in 2014.

Andrew Harris: Caught 4 passes last week and extended his consecutive game streak to 41 in a row with at least one catch.

Trevor Harris: Has only 18 completions of 30+ yards but 6 have come in the last two games. He ranks #4 in the CFL.

Turnovers Forced: Winnipeg leads with 39 Takeaways including 7 last week, their 2nd game of 2018 with as many as 7.

Drew Wolitarsky: Went over 500 yards last week - the first Winnipeg rookie receiver to do that since Chris Matthews in 2012.

Rushing Lead: William Powell has a game in hand but a lead of just 40 yards on Andrew Harris heading into this game.

Brandon Alexander: Recorded both an interception and a fumble recovery last week as part of Winnipeg's 7 Takeaways.

Craig Roh: Has risen to #8 in the CFL with 7 Sacks on the back of 4 in his last 2 games.

10+ ST Tackles: The Bombers have a remarkable 6 players with at least 10 ST Tackles this season.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Mr Dee

Once again, loyalty is a bit frustrating...  seeing Peterman back on the sidelines and Wolitarsky back at Field WR...

Wolitarsky will hit 700 yards this year - which is outstanding for a young CDN with a garbage QB...

There's really no reason to keep Dressler as our main SB target - he's not the player he used to be -

Get your big bodies in the middle... Dressler at Field WR is probably the best bet right now

24 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

 Lewis Ward 37 FGs in a row: Ward has not missed a FG attempt since the season opener and is now 40-for-41 97% with a streak of 37 makes in a row, the 2nd-longest streak ever made & longest within a single season. His 37 in a row is 2 back of Rene Paredes' 39 straight across 2012-13.

Paredes had one blocked during that streak but the block doesn't count as a miss. 

I hope Ward breaks the streak in a couple of weeks, not getting a chance to kick even one field goal this week (and no extra points). 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

OMG Chris Jones just added Cauchy Muamba and Shaq-Murray Lawrence to their PR..... WHY DIDN'T WALTERS SIGN THESE AMAZING CANADIAN TALENTS...

WE NEVER DO ANYTHING!!!  

Ah yes. The old "There isn't anything worthwhile out there so let's just sit on our hands and do nothing" argument. Works for coaches and players.

On 2018-10-03 at 12:56 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Knowing I'm probably missing tons of complexities for all those x's and o's type fans/experts out there, over the last two games, it has seemed quite simple yet sophisticated, i.e., more players on the line to contain, mix up and don't telegraph the blitzes/coverages. Execute that and you got yourself one Sean Whyte field goal.

Like you I can not claim to know how the X and 0 work. On my chalkboard I only see "W's"

17 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

It’s been a while, but we’re just giving you guys a chance to catch up. 

You've got such a loooong way to go..

At their rate I figure it will be another 187 years.  Could happen as they might hit a few years when they're playing in the Grey Cup against a raw rookie.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Once again, loyalty is a bit frustrating...  seeing Peterman back on the sidelines and Wolitarsky back at Field WR...

Wolitarsky will hit 700 yards this year - which is outstanding for a young CDN with a garbage QB...

There's really no reason to keep Dressler as our main SB target - he's not the player he used to be -

Get your big bodies in the middle... Dressler at Field WR is probably the best bet right now

Dressler at SB, especially in the Lapo system ain't a problem. He does that well, just gets hurt often, but when he's in the lineup absolutely where he should be. I'd agree with getting Wolitarsky in the middle too but I'd probably do it at the expense of Demski. Demski hasn't been as impactful at all lately. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Dressler at SB, especially in the Lapo system ain't a problem. He does that well, just gets hurt often, but when he's in the lineup absolutely where he should be. I'd agree with getting Wolitarsky in the middle too but I'd probably do it at the expense of Demski. Demski hasn't been as impactful at all lately. 

Dressler, Demski and Woli are all on pace for about the same yardage if they were all healthy...  trouble is that one is our primary target and one of them is out on the far side of the field

Dressler is not the same guy he was...

Adams-Woli-Thompkins-Dressler-Demski - yeah that's probably the right combo

26 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Demski at his best needs to be close to the ball putting him at boundary WR is a waste and you should probably not dress him in that case. Just have to look at his two years with Riders.

I'm not sure you can really compare different coordinators like that...  I thought he was kind of sharing field WR/backing up Rob Bagg a lot of the time