Next Up At Ottawa

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Paredes had one blocked during that streak but the block doesn't count as a miss. 

I hope Ward breaks the streak in a couple of weeks, not getting a chance to kick even one field goal this week (and no extra points). 

I remember that block distinctly and thought it was BS that it didn’t count. However, they have since changed that rule and now that attempt would be counted as a fail. It’s not finished yet..

As follows: 

CFL Rulebook ... After reaching 29 in a row in 2013, Rene Paredes had one BLOCKED on July 20, 2013 by Montreal's John Bowman. By the rules of the day however (and that had been in place since 1967), no FG attempt was charged to Calgary since the ball did not cross the line of scrimmage. Paredes went on to extend his streak to 39 straight.
The CFL changed the rule to start 2014 whereby any FG attempt that is blocked results in an 0-for-1 since a legal FG attempt was clearly attempted and was NOT successful. This rule will be re-visited in the 2018 off-season by our Rules Committee however with the proposal being that only the TEAM be charged with an attempt and NOT the kicker himself in these cases.

QUICK SLANTS - CFL staff

• Blue Bombers: Drew Wolitarsky has 501 yards this season. The last Winnipeg rookie receiver to go over 500 yards was Chris Matthews in 2012. Weston Dressler’s reception streak is now at 122 games and last week he moved up to 704 catches. He needs three more to pass Rocky DiPietro (706) for 12th all-time.
  • After securing sacks in nine of his first 10 games, Charleston Hughes cooled down from his torrid start, not recording a sack in three consecutive games. He recorded his first sack since Week 12 on Sunday versus Montreal.
  • Johnny Manziel last week threw the ball just 16 times, the fewest by any CFL QB to play a complete game in 2018. Of his 16 passes, 10 were thrown deep downfield including his first two TD passes (20 yards to Ernest Jackson and 47 yards to Adarius Bowman).
  • Roughriders quarterback Zach Collaros passed for 394 yards against Montreal. It marked the first time Collaros has passed for over 300 yards in Rider green and the first time he reached the benchmark since Week 4 last season.
  • Winnipeg won a big game in Edmonton last week. Mike Reilly passed for only 164 yards in the game, marking the first time Reilly did not reach 200 yards since Week 10 last season versus Saskatchewan.
  • Reilly was held without a touchdown (passing or rushing) last week and has a total of 39 (27 passing, 12 Rushing). Reilly is still on pace for 50 touchdowns and is seven rushing TDs short of tying the record for the most in a season with Mike Pringle (19). Reilly is four touchdowns short of surpassing his career-high (30) in a season.
  • Argonauts quarterback James Franklin has rushed for 12 TDs this season and is currently tied with Reilly.
  • New Brunswick native Mike Miller leads the league with 16 special teams tackles and now has 154 in his career (No. 12 all-time). He has at least one special teams tackle in 88 of his 136 games (65% of his appearances).
  • In his last four games Alouettes veteran linebacker Chip Cox has 34 tackles, which moves him up to number four all-time with 961 tackles. Note: CFL tackles were counted officially starting in 1987.
  • Ottawa’s William Powell has six games where he has rushed for 100+ yards this season, the most by any player since Jon Cornish had six in 2014 and nine in 2013.
  • Justin Medlock has now made 53 converts in a row from 32 yards out. He has also made 135 of 136 convert attempts.
  • Brad Sinopoli reached 1,000 yards for a fourth straight year, tying Ottawa’s record set by Tony Gabriel from 1975-1978.
  • In their last three games, SJ Green and Armanti Edwards have 38 catches for 482 yards and two TDs combined. In the three games before that they had just 14 receptions for 268 yards and 1 TD collectively.

On 2018-10-05 at 10:15 AM, Mr Dee said:

Derek Taylor reports:

Top-15 in QB Pressures as we enter Week 17. @Wpg_BlueBombers 

@craigroh appears on the list after a very impressive last two weeks (7 pressures). Only @7Bowman and @sackatchawen (8) have more in that span.

#Details #CFL

Craig Roh has been a sneaky good pickup.

Aside from Alex Ross, all the players that came over from BC with Ryan Rigmaiden have played well for us.

15 hours ago, Atomic said:

Craig Roh has been a sneaky good pickup.

Aside from Alex Ross, all the players that came over from BC with Ryan Rigmaiden have played well for us.

I really question why Wally or Hervey let so many decent players walk last year during F.A. considering their current luke-warm status, Fenner, Purifoy, Gaitor, Roh, Ronnie Yell, even Chris Williams.... it must have been an ill-advised attempt to clean house and start fresh.  I bet Wally and Hervey take turns kicking each other in the nutsack for not finding a way to re-sign Bighill, with Solly out for most of the season.

55 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I really question why Wally or Hervey let so many decent players walk last year during F.A. considering their current luke-warm status, Fenner, Purifoy, Gaitor, Roh, Ronnie Yell, even Chris Williams.... it must have been an ill-advised attempt to clean house and start fresh.  I bet Wally and Hervey take turns kicking each other in the nutsack for not finding a way to re-sign Bighill, with Solly out for most of the season.

I missed the BC-Toronto game last night, did  Elimimian play? I had thought he was back for this game. 

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Another misconception in modern football...."the team let them walk"...this is a 2 way street. More now then ever before. Players have to want to play for you. Especially vets. 

Question you should have asked is, I dont know why Solomon or arceneaux wanted to resign in what was clearly going to be a going show.

Edited by Bigblue204