MOJO FOR THE BOMBERS (free of charge)

DougR

Good Morning Bomber fans from the Last Frontier in the Lower 48 States - New Mexico!  

We are getting ready for our state's Super Bowl event - the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.  It is THE most photographed event in the world and it is spectacular!  In spite of this event, my mind is north of my border with the Bombers this week.  Can they beat the RedBlacks on the road?  And I guess I have to root for the Argos against the Lions.  And really, do I need to root for the Riders over the Eskimos to give the Bombers some room to avoid being the crossover team?  Or is rooting for the Riders strictly forbidden under any circumstances for Bomber's fans?   They haven't legalized Marijuana in New Mexico yet, so I am not holding out hope for the Alouettes against the Stampeders. 😉

I am sending some American Southwest, New Mexico-style MOJO your way in hopes of a Bomber's victory Friday night.  GO BOMBERS!

If you are wondering about the Balloon Fiesta, I have done some videos about the event.  It is 9 days of fun and worth the trip down to my state to see it.  Here is a video from 2015 - Enjoy!

Edited by DougR

Just now, Albertabomberguy said:

It’s fine to cheer for the Eskimos to lose but never cheer for the riders to win!

Thank you.  This is my rookie season as a Bomber's fan so expect to me ask some dumb questions now and then.

GO ESKIMOS!!!!!  Only for this weekend. 😉

4 hours ago, DougR said:

I am sending some American Southwest, New Mexico-style MOJO your way in hopes of a Bomber's victory Friday night.  GO BOMBERS!

If you are wondering about the Balloon Fiesta, I have done some videos about the event.  It is 9 days of fun and worth the trip down to my state to see it.  Here is a video from 2015 - Enjoy!

Doug.... this is the only Albuquerque air show I've ever been aware of!

Edited by trueBlue83

20 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

Doug.... this is the only Albuquerque air show I've ever been aware of!

I LOVE IT!  I can't beat that air show for sure....no purple....well you know.

However, I can say that my little hometown today (Belen, New Mexico) was the stage for this and other scenes from this movie.  I got to work on the set as an extra one day.

On 2018-10-02 at 12:20 PM, Fan Boy said:

The appropriate response is to cheer for a scoreless tie.

In terms of both seeding overall in the West, and making the playoffs, we do actually want a tie between the Riders/Eskimos.

Odd fact of the day - if the Bombers go 0-0-4, they are also in the playoffs as either 3rd in the East, or crossing over to the West.