Chris Matthews signs with Stamps

trueBlue83

21 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Well, to be fair you wouldn't have had to. Generally the things being discussed in that particular thread are very current.

Please keep in mind this is very much a first world problem I'm voicing here, and its not the end of the world either way but...

Do I Start reading on page 67 or 68? Oh wait better check 66 just incase...

or

how bout I choose what topic I want to read up on?

best qb's in cfl

Mathews to stamps

Johnny football first cfl Td

I've never been a mod or helped managed a website so I'm sure there is a reason MBB is keeping the threads so tight, just curious as to why?

Is there a limit on space for the website or something in which creating additional threads costs money?

People should have the option to choose which topic they care to read up on.

Example: Does everyone reading this want to read about all 3 of the examples above? Personally, I wouldn't read about Johnny football's first TD.

Also what happens if a older thread may be relevant to something happening today? Do I spend time scrolling through pages of "Around the CFL 2018" or would it make sense to scroll through 2 or 3 pages of thread titles?

I'm thinking I'm the minority here, would anyone else like to see a bit more freedom in posting and reading from a variety of thread titles vs 1 or 2? 

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Let's not forget, we've found guys that can play. But have habitually underused them and cut em. We have repeatedly kept the likes of stankford over tj thorpe, martese jackson, givens, white, ricky collins, flanders, kenny stafford, and so on. 

Did we have Martese Jackson??

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

Maybe it's a different world...  but it feels like the league has seen a massive drop off in NFL cuts that have come into the league mid season.... 

I don't understand how we have not had at least a handful of guys come in and try out at receiver?

I think this year, specifically.... the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAF is a big reason NFL cuts are hesitant to come to the CFL...

On 2018-10-02 at 2:49 PM, Brandon said:

Maybe it's a different world...  but it feels like the league has seen a massive drop off in NFL cuts that have come into the league mid season.... 

I don't understand how we have not had at least a handful of guys come in and try out at receiver?

There would be probably more players trying to make the team if they were given the chance.  Take a look at the opening day's active roster as opposed to the one we have today.  It has pretty well remained static except for the changes required due to injuries.  It might be hard to criticized the team after  wins but we have to remember they came after four straight loses.  Loyalty only works when the other party is  able to do the job and is willing  to pay back with hard work.  

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seeing Matthews in a Stamps uniform is absolutely infuriating. 

What hurts for me will be watching another season slowly spiral down the drain with no one apparently doing anything to stop it. What are we supporting this team for, the privilege of watching another poor to mediocre team either not make the playoffs or do another one-and-done?

Can you imagine him burning us at season's end?

Can you imagine watching Matthews drinking from the cup in a Stamps uniform?

Anyway, what's done is done. If we falter again this year we're going to lose a lot more fans than Mike. When fans stop supporting this regime then maybe changes for the better will come. Think positive.

1108609_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I do recall Collins saying something like that. I can't find a quote or anything. But he had mentioned it as a bit of a wake up call.

Well, he was cut 2 seasons ago & I follow the Bombers very closely. At least as closely as I can from Calgary & I don't recall that ever being mentioned.

23 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Signed him in Feb 2015 but was released before training camp.

Which was when Lankford wasn't even part of this organization (he joined the Bombers in 2017). Anyone making the claim the team kept him over Jackson is out to lunch. Or even Collins (released prior to the 2016 season).

That being said, however, why the hell is Lankford still here? He's basically useless on offense.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Which was when Lankford wasn't even part of this organization (he joined the Bombers in 2017). Anyone making the claim the team kept him over Jackson is out to lunch. Or even Collins (released prior to the 2016 season).

That being said, however, why the hell is Lankford still here? He's basically useless on offense.

I have no idea. I also have no idea why you'd want to stick on a practice roster for so long.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

he must be a nice guy

On 2018-10-02 at 10:18 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Even though we got that huge win in Edmonton, he still needs to be replaced. This team needs a different perspective & approach. (I'm being politically correct here). 

I'm not sure if mos is salvageable or not. I do not believe we are in a position to go back to a first time cfl/pro head coach though. The franchise cant afford that major step back. And I don't know what we could possibly do to get one of the few HCs that would be a clear upgrade. 

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The point named several guys at several positions who have been forced onto the roster at the cost of superior players. I wasnt saying lankford was here the entire time, I was saying we have always had some one like lankford, often multiple players like that forcing out better players. 

Look at all the talent we cut loose that continued to play well in the league after. Then look at how long lankford, for instance, has been here. Look at how many chances he has been given. Look at how few those other guys got. That, is the point. 

17 hours ago, Jacquie said:

I'm pretty sure Collins admitted that he had a terrible mini-camp with the Bombers. 

The thing is, other teams saw enough to give these guys more of a chance then we did and it worked out. A rookie having a poor mini-camp is hardly rush to judgment stuff imo. Thats why we have minicamp. Its to ease these guys into the transition to the cfl to improve the quality of TC. 

You can easily excuse one or two guys slipping through the cracks. But many, at several positions you cant. 

40 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

he must be a nice guy

I just don't understand why the Bomber management are so enamoured with this guy. Must be a VERY nice guy.

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Look at all the talent we cut loose that continued to play well in the league after. Then look at how long lankford, for instance, has been here. Look at how many chances he has been given. Look at how few those other guys got. That, is the point. 

You can easily excuse one or two guys slipping through the cracks. But many, at several positions you cant. 

QFT.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I'm not sure if mos is salvageable or not. I do not believe we are in a position to go back to a first time cfl/pro head coach though. The franchise cant afford that major step back. And I don't know what we could possibly do to get one of the few HCs that would be a clear upgrade. 

I think an experienced DC or OC can do a good job. I've mentioned Orlando Steinhauer before. I think he's been HC ready now for a couple of years. I think he would do a pretty good job. We'll see how things go this weekend.

Edited by SpeedFlex27