Riders @ Als: can the birds muster an upset?

USABomberfan

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

It wouldn’t be too much of a surprise to see the Riders lose their next 4 games..Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary and BC.

I have no idea why the Riders' team I watched today couldn't beat Edmonton or B.C. quite handily.

Number one - they have a front 4 that gets after the QB. Reilly is clearly banged up for the Esks and B.C. has to start Jennings

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not a lot of faith?  This is a 45 year Bomber fan you are talking to here.  I would have gone insane by now without some form of faith.  Our offence scares me.  If our D can turn in that kind of effort every game then I think our only hope is to pull off a Tom Burgess type Grey Cup win like in 1990.  Great D, and an O that doesn't do much, but also doesn't make mistakes and cost us games.

Danny McManus to Rick House ... TD!

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sigh. I still remember the day that Cal Murphy signed Matt Dunigan.  

I never, ever dreamed that 28 years later I'd still be waiting for the next GC.

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

I never, ever dreamed that 28 years later I'd still be waiting for the next GC.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yep.

and so, as KBF alluded to, faith is what has kept us old fans sane all these years. I, maybe, don't handle it as well as you and he do. :-)

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sure as hell wasn't scheme, coaching or talent...

riders suck.

506 yards offense and 5 sacks.  LOL..  trick play and a punt return stopped it from being a total **** kicking.   Lucky I guess

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

506 yards offense and 5 sacks.  LOL..  trick play and a punt return stopped it from being a total **** kicking.   Lucky I guess

Even with all that yardage and 5 sacks....The Als almost beat you. 

THE ******* ALS!!! LOL

riders still suck.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The Als almost beat you. 

THE ******* ALS!!! LOL

Is that the high light of your season?  Its ok, I understand.  I'm old enough to have watched some Rider teams so bad that all we had to cheer for was other people losing. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

C’mon man - every play counts. The truth is the Als gave y’all some cause for concern. 

I was worried for sure.  We have lost 5 out of the last 6 visits to Montreal.  The truth is the stats were really ugly in this game. It was a lot closer than it should have been score wise.  I'll take it and be happy. I'm just of sick of hearing how we got lucky or someone gave it to us. We won 6 out of our last 7. We are getting it done.  Doesn't mean anything but some people need to open their eyes and just call a spade a spade.  I was stunned to see the Bombers pound the Esks like that, no one saw that coming. But I am not saying you got lucky, full credit for the win

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Is that the high light of your season?  Its ok, I understand.  I'm old enough to have watched some Rider teams so bad that all we had to cheer for was other people losing. 

Blah blah blah....

Nah highlight of the season for me is when the play offs come- the Bombers will walk into new toilet stadium and punch the riders in the mouth, take their lunch money and move on to Calgary. riders will be one and done- that's what happens with smoke and mirrors with a dash **** tonne of luck. Then i will taunt people on riders fans, drink their tears, get temporarily banned (because rf can dish it out, but can't take it- its a little thinskinned there) and not visit the site till next year (because riders will be more insignificant at that point). 

10 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Is that insight? 

Nope, just fact.

riders suck. For all eternity. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I was worried for sure.  We have lost 5 out of the last 6 visits to Montreal.  The truth is the stats were really ugly in this game. It was a lot closer than it should have been score wise.  I'll take it and be happy. I'm just of sick of hearing how we got lucky or someone gave it to us. We won 6 out of our last 7. We are getting it done.  Doesn't mean anything but some people need to open their eyes and just call a spade a spade.  I was stunned to see the Bombers pound the Esks like that, no one saw that coming. But I am not saying you got lucky, full credit for the win

You may give us credit but your fanbase won't. So really, do you expect us to do the same? LOL. As a Rider fan you're marginally acceptable here  ;) but your fanbase is insufferable when your team wins. No quarter drawn & no quarter given from us here. I enjoy a Rider loss as much as I enjoy a Bomber win. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You may give us credit but your fanbase won't. So really, do you expect us to say you did? LOL. As a Rider fan you're marginally acceptable here  ;) but your fanbase is insufferable when your team wins. No quarter drawn & no quarter given from us here. I enjoy a Rider loss as much as I enjoy a Bomber win. 

I don't speak for the fanbase, just myself.   

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

The Bombers and the Riders in the playoffs would be awesome. It could very well happen.  A epic battle that will be argued for years. Good luck the rest of the way.  Let the cards fall where they may

I want a rematch of 2007, riders should to, in order to get rid of that asterisk beside that win.

Riders Suck 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I want a rematch of 2007, riders should to, in order to get rid of that asterisk beside that win.

We have won a cup since then, I don't think anyone here would view anything as a rematch. What's the asterisk for? Glenn being hurt.  Always found it funny that no one here ever has anything nice to say about Glenn, but some fans like you think you would have won had he played. I do understand feeling burned in the big game, but as time passes you realize you can't go back and change history.  Things happen the way they are supposed to, whether we like it or not

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We have won a cup since then, I don't think anyone here would view anything as a rematch. What's the asterisk for? Glenn being hurt.  Always found it funny that no one here ever has anything nice to say about Glenn, but some fans like you think you would have won had he played. I do understand feeling burned in the big game, but as time passes you realize you can't go back and change history.  Things happen the way they are supposed to, whether we like it or not

That's not even remotely true.