Game Day Thread- Week Sixteen, GAME 14: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Eskimos September 29, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

Kinda of a knee jerk reaction....

It's an easy move to criticise but it does show a willingness to do *something* to improve their fortunes going forward. It also makes a statement that losing in an embarrassing fashion will not be tolerated. 

22 minutes ago, J5V said:

It's an easy move to criticise but it does show a willingness to do *something* to improve their fortunes going forward. It also makes a statement that losing in an embarrassing fashion will not be tolerated. 

No players were cut so I don't think it is as big of a deal with them. Now cut a couple of guys & they'll pay attention. 

21 minutes ago, J5V said:

How has this made anything better?

What statement does this make to the team? " we will knee jerk fire someone that had little to do with a blow out loss to improve the optics, but under closer scrutiny, is a silly knee jerk reaction that does nothing to improve the situation.

4 hours ago, J5V said:

Really? In the BC - Ham game earlier in the day they pulled starters -- Jennings for sucking and Masoli to, I assume, protect him going forward.

Would have rather seen LaFrance pounding the ball late. Would have liked to see Streveler get some reps late.

It may be true about Dickenson but I'd still suggest it's not smart. These QBs may be looking to pad statistics and risking injury to get garbage stats is foolish.

Let's agree to disagree. All good.

How coaches refuse to pull starters is really a head scratcher. In 2007 Berry had plenty of opportunity to give Dinwiddie some hard reps but he left Glenn in. That came back to bite the Bombers when the were forced to start their inexperienced #2 and he made an inexperienced move that cost the Bombers a cup. Right now there are at least three teams that need to give their #2’s reps. Winnipeg isn’t one BUT you do it when you can because if you aren’t giving your backups the reps they need when their mistakes can’t hurt you then your chances of them hurting you when it really counts only goes up.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

No players were cut so I don't think it is as big of a deal with them. Now cut a couple of guys & they'll pay attention. 

Players tend to take it personally when a coach gets axed though your point is well made.

Edmonton has not been playing well for some time now. I think they were thinking something had to be done.

Real Jekyll and Hyde show over there. Beat Calgary 48-42 recently.