O'Shea's non-answers

Doublezero

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Where's this new kid Boobie something or other...Apparently he's a burner and a darn good receiver.. Haven't heard a bloody thing about him since we signed him...Taking into account our pathetic return game...why isn't he in instead of a nic'd Fogg...Look for more dismal field position on our returns with our patented 'catch and flop' act...I don't understand why we can't find a way to inject these signed guys into the lineup after they've been here for awhile.. Other clubs can find a prospect and get them into a game pronto...I guess it's the old loyalty act from our not so illustrious head coach...even if the guy who needs to be replaced is entering the game on one leg he trots them out...I hope we can win tonight but hope is fading and with that the prospects for our head coach continuing on here..You'd think he'd be pulling out all the stops...

It's not the loyalty act it's that there is a process and everyone has to be assimilated into the process and eventually the process will produce the results we are looking for.

51 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This is how O'Shea has operated since day 1. Is anyone honestly expecting him to do so differently now?

As for the return game, the blocking doesn't appear to be as effective in previous years. I don't think that falls on the returner.

I agree to a certain extent about the blocking but it can't be the reason on every play....Think about the whole year…..have we had ONE decent return or returner...Not to my recollection...That is a killer right there when the opposition is starting on their 35-40 yd. line and were starting on our 20-25...add to that a bad penalty call for a holding or blocking from the rear and we are really pinned deep...I can't for the life of me see why this coach....a special teams ace in his last job...can't see ..WE NEED A SPECIAL...SPECIFIC RETURNER FOR CRIPES SAKE...O'Shea was quoted as saying, when he came on board, that special teams were going to be our bread and butter and the way to true success for our club...Where the hell is it

Edited by Stickem

10 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

In that kick off formation Wild is not a returner he is in for blocking. Demski is the returner. Laughing at people saying that O’shea Does not care about returns. That’s his bread and butter he deeply cares about the return struggles. But he won’t broadcast to the world what their troubles are. Think it’s a matter of weeks till Nelson makes his debuts.

Obviously that's not true enough. If it were O'Shea would have insisted on having a much more capable returner on the field before now. That is an area that has been badly ignored, and having Fogg play who is only good at punt returns, and not so much in the defensive backfield is not the answer!