BOMBERS -Playoffs - ESKIMOS Out

Mr Dee

12 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Tales of the wild Wild West:  As of Oct 19

*Calgary -    12-3          vs. Sask.              at Wpg.                 at BC

*Sask.    -     10-6          @  Calgary           vs BC                    Bye

Wpg     -      9-7.           Bye.                    vs Calgary,            at Edmonton 

*BC        -      9-7.                                      at Sask.                vs Calgary 

Edm.     -      8-9.                                      Bye.                      vs Wpg  

* Playoff teams

Don't you think Sask suddenly looks good to go 0-4 and drop out of second place? I'd love to see Booch collect his $100 from that Rider fan.

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I think calling it disgusting is a little extreme.  Especially since the east has won a few cups the past few years haven't they ?

I think it's appropriate, up until this week, all four teams in the West could've ended up being 10-8, whilst in the East the top team could easily end up being 9-9. The whole purpose of the playoff format is to have the six best teams qualify. Under the situation described above, that would not be the case as one of BC, EDM, SSK and WPG would miss the playoffs at 10-8.

As for winning the Grey Cup - it's just like any other football game, once you get there... any given Sunday.

3 hours ago, J5V said:

Don't you think Sask suddenly looks good to go 0-4 and drop out of second place? I'd love to see Booch collect his $100 from that Rider fan.

Lol...yeah I wonder if I will see that.. I stood pat saying we were one of top teams even tho Nichols went to parts unknown for 3-4 games...get his head back in place and we would be golden.

When u think about it too..we almost pitched shutouts in 2 of our last 3 games..if not for that last minute drive at end of first half where we were playing basically to prevent a late touchdown..we would have blanked Schmoes too. If we would have played the same aggressive way that last drive.. I strongly feel we would have shut them out too

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Lol...yeah I wonder if I will see that.. I stood pat saying we were one of top teams even tho Nichols went to parts unknown for 3-4 games...get his head back in place and we would be golden.

When u think about it too..we almost pitched shutouts in 2 of our last 3 games..if not for that last minute drive at end of first half where we were playing basically to prevent a late touchdown..we would have blanked Schmoes too. If we would have played the same aggressive way that last drive.. I strongly feel we would have shut them out too

Yes, our D has been playing in beast mode of late. Here's to hoping we can keep it up on all sides of the ball.

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

Riders to 0-3 AND the bombers go 3-0 is the only way you get that $100. That’s the initial and only thing I agree to. 

5 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Riders to 0-3 AND the bombers go 3-0 is the only way you get that $100. That’s the initial and only thing I agree to. 

Perfect! Do you really think Calgary is going to lose to the Riders twice? I'm confident, after the way we dispatched your team 31-0, that we'll take care of business next week.

14 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Bombers clinch 3rd.  Should be interesting in Regina (or Calgary) in the POs.

If I had a choice I think I would rather go into Regina and face their offense. On the other hand not sure which of the Stamps receivers will be back for the playoffs. I just think a Rider-Bomber SF would be fun and create lots of interesting comments on both teams fan forums. I visit the Calgary Fan Forum and no one seems to want to post there so doubt there will be much interest there.

7 hours ago, BBRT said:

If I had a choice I think I would rather go into Regina and face their offense. On the other hand not sure which of the Stamps receivers will be back for the playoffs. I just think a Rider-Bomber SF would be fun and create lots of interesting comments on both teams fan forums. I visit the Calgary Fan Forum and no one seems to want to post there so doubt there will be much interest there.

None of the injured Stamps receivers will be back. They're all gone for the season. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

None of the injured Stamps receivers will be back. They're all gone for the season. 

Just as concerned with players returning to their O and D lines, playing the Stamps sooner is better imo.  Returning personnel is not as much a concern against the Riders, if they play their game the Bombers can physically beat any team they can field.