BOMBERS -Playoffs - ESKIMOS Out

Mr Dee

9 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, the only favourable result this weekend was our own Bomber game. 

The playoff race as of now: 

RECORD           NEXT OPPONENTS 

Winnipeg -    9-7.               bye, vs Calgary, at Edmonton,

BC Lions -     8-7.              vs Edmonton, at Sask. vs Calgary

Edmonton -    8-8.             at BC, bye, vs Winnipeg 

Still a lot of variations in who gets in the playoffs.

What’s interesting is the fact that 4 teams can finish with a 10-8 record and I’m not sure how that would work..

Sask...lose 2 = 10-8

Wpg...win 1 lose 1 = 10-8

BC......win 2 lose 1 = 10-8

Edmonton win 2 = 10-8

It would be bad for the Bombers

Sask 2 Win 1
Sask 1 Edm 1
Sask 1 BC 1
Win 1 Edm 2
Win 1 BC 1
Edm 2 BC 1

Total games against tied teams

Edm 5-3

Sask 4-3

BC 3-4

Win 3-5

14 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Wait... so if all 4 of us are 10-8 we're the team that misses??

Yes... I believe @kcin94 has it correct.  The tiebreaking rules:

When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following descending-order priorities and shall be awarded to the Club that: has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League,
then, has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s),
then, has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), 
then, has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s),
then, has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all member Clubs of the Division, 
then, has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division,
then, has scored the higher quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division,
then, has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League,
then, has scored the higher net quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League,
then, has won a coin toss against the other tied Club.
Note: If two Clubs remain tied after other Club(s) are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step a).

The Riders really are lucky with their schedule this year. Just pure luck they got 2 against the Bombers while Nichols was in such a funk and they were lucky they got Edmonton in their little funk too (we got them in that funk as well) but normal Nichols and Reilly vs. the Riders in those games they aren't a concern for playoffs. 

If I was a Rider fan I'd be seriously concerned. Not only did they get their asses handed to them yesterday but they also suffered some injuries, and for a team with depth issues already that won't make things any easier. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The Riders really are lucky with their schedule this year. Just pure luck they got 2 against the Bombers while Nichols was in such a funk and they were lucky they got Edmonton in their little funk too (we got them in that funk as well) but normal Nichols and Reilly vs. the Riders in those games they aren't a concern for playoffs. 

If I was a Rider fan I'd be seriously concerned. Not only did they get their asses handed to them yesterday but they also suffered some injuries, and for a team with depth issues already that won't make things any easier. 

That o-line was god awful ...  Collaros looked like Drew Willy completely shell shocked.   

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Well one of BC or Edmonton will lose next week. Then if we can beat Calgary it is all good.

Last week of the season is going to be huge....  hopefully Calgary doesn't rest their starters now that they are faltering a bit

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Last week of the season is going to be huge....  hopefully Calgary doesn't rest their starters now that they are faltering a bit

Until they play us, of course. 😉

31 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

It's insane that you could actually have a team go 9-9 this year and still miss the playoffs.  Don't think I've ever seen that happen before.

It has never happened before. I find it hard to believe it will happen this year, but I suppose it's possible. Just think that it's unlikely for things to fall into place where all these western teams win the right combination of games to have someone by 9 wins and not make the playoffs. 

One of Edmonton or BC will fall off the pace. I really believe that this weeks Edmonton/BC game is the critical game of the season for those teams. 

13 hours ago, Atomic said:

Yes... I believe @kcin94 has it correct.  The tiebreaking rules:

When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following descending-order priorities and shall be awarded to the Club that: has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League,
then, has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s),
then, has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), 
then, has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s),
then, has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all member Clubs of the Division, 
then, has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division,
then, has scored the higher quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division,
then, has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League,
then, has scored the higher net quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League,
then, has won a coin toss against the other tied Club.
Note: If two Clubs remain tied after other Club(s) are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step a).

My brain hurts now.

1 hour ago, jazzsax said:

Honestly, depends what happens this week. 

Ideally if we want a guaranteed playoff spot we need Edmonton to lose this week, and we need to beat CGY. That happens we are in for sure. 

Yeah, I think I will be cheer for B.C. this weekend. The way things are going though, Edmonton will probably win.

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

What looms large for us is losing at home opening night against the Esks, the terrible choke job in BC, and the Banjo Bowl pick six disaster. 

If we had won even one of those three, we’re sitting pretty right now. 

Could throw in that loss at home to the RedBlacks, too. That was particularly ugly and costly. Three home losses that could make a massive difference right now.

There were a number of games this season that were there for the taking and if one phase of the team (*cough* offense *cough*) had bothered to show up and play a full 60 minutes we'd likely have a win or two more under our belts.  It's the bed we've made for ourselves and now we have to take care of business over the final two weeks of the season. I'm hopeful. It appears we're rounding into form.

We can gripe all we want about Saskatchewan's luck, their record and the giant number of ****** nozzle's on their team but they've put themselves into the post season by taking care of business.  In the end, it doesn't matter HOW you win, only that you did.

27 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Could throw in that loss at home to the RedBlacks, too. That was particularly ugly and costly. Three home losses that could make a massive difference right now.

We got smashed in that game though. To me, the regrettable games are the ones that we could have won if not for one or two mistakes. The BC loss and the Banjo Bowl are at the top of that list for me.