BOMBERS -Playoffs - ESKIMOS Out

Mr Dee

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

interesting note while watching the Edmonton offense yesterday (and several other games recently)... I said recently - as did many others - that's Edm's O was based solely on Reilly hucking it and hoping his receivers would make a play... suddenly Zylstra is gone, Walker is injured, Bowman of old is gone and teams focus on Williams... now the receivers are no longer making the 50/50 plays at a 90% quip and their offense falls off a cliff... can't say I'm too surprised...

Williams doesn't have the speed. They also lived and died with getting pass interference calls every game too. 

13 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Crossover? Not yet...

Record         Opponents

Winnipeg -    8-7            vs Sask, bye, vs Calgary, at Edmonton 

BC Lions -     7-7            at Calgary, vs Edmonton, at Sask. vs Calgary 

Edmonton -    7-8           vs Ottawa, at BC, bye, vs Winnipeg

Tip of the hat to the schedule-makers.  What a lineup of games down the stretch.  Still lots can happen.  These next 4 weeks are going to be a lot of fun. 

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

agreed... that's part of winning those 50/50 balls at a lot better rate than 50/50...

I think Williams is very over rated.  I see a cry baby always wanting a flag when he doesn't catch the ball. A over the top show off if he actually does and a poor sport with the trash he talks and things he does when he isn't getting it thrown to him. He frequently pushes off the db's and for some reason it never gets called.

20 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I think Williams is very over rated.  I see a cry baby always wanting a flag when he doesn't catch the ball. A over the top show off if he actually does and a poor sport with the trash he talks and things he does when he isn't getting it thrown to him. He frequently pushes off the db's and for some reason it never gets called.

It sounds like you are talking about your old reciever Duron Carter lol.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

interesting note while watching the Edmonton offense yesterday (and several other games recently)... I said recently - as did many others - that's Edm's O was based solely on Reilly hucking it and hoping his receivers would make a play... suddenly Zylstra is gone, Walker is injured, Bowman of old is gone and teams focus on Williams... now the receivers are no longer making the 50/50 plays at a 90% quip and their offense falls off a cliff... can't say I'm too surprised...

Sending out only 3 receivers doesn't help when none of them can get open.  Their O scheme is based on outstanding receivers making outstanding catches, shut that down or pressure Reilly and they're almost as toothless as Sask.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

44 minutes ago, Ripper said:

actually sounds like you are talking about a good portion of the riders on both sides of the ball..i think it is a prerequisite there for over the top boasting and celebrating at sometimes the most generic of plays and plays that you should be making

3 hours ago, Booch said:

actually sounds like you are talking about a good portion of the riders on both sides of the ball..i think it is a prerequisite there for over the top boasting and celebrating at sometimes the most generic of plays and plays that you should be making

They were actually getting under the Esks skin with the over the top stuff. Lead to an roughing penalty. I'm sure it's all part of Jones' approach.

18 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Crossover? Not yet...

Record         Opponents

Winnipeg -    8-7            vs Sask, bye, vs Calgary, at Edmonton 

BC Lions -     7-7            at Calgary, vs Edmonton, at Sask. vs Calgary 

Edmonton -    7-8           vs Ottawa, at BC, bye, vs Winnipeg, 

If the Bombers win their next game and BC and Edmonton lose then the BC v. Edmonton game during the bye should eliminate one of the two.

Edited by Dragon37

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Leave him alone- he's from saskatchewan, fundamental math is not so fundamental there. 

I’m not sure if the Math works out that badly for SK.                     13 cost in 09 but full score 2013.      Bombers last happy dance way back in the 20th Century. 

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sending out only 3 receivers doesn't help when none of them can get open.  Their O scheme is based on outstanding receivers making outstanding catches, shut that down or pressure Reilly and they're almost as toothless as Sask.

Barker was saying that the Riders have the best set of DBs in the league, or words to that effect. Combine that with a good pass rush and it spells trouble. Between us and the Riders, Reilly has been getting whupped.

Sure is a lot of love for the Riders on TSN. 

13th-man.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner said:

I’m not sure if the Math works out that badly for SK.                     13 cost in 09 but full score 2013.      Bombers last happy dance way back in the 20th Century. 

I see "big things" for you here... Enjoy while you can!

21 minutes ago, J5V said:

Barker was saying that the Riders have the best set of DBs in the league, or words to that effect. Combine that with a good pass rush and it spells trouble. Between us and the Riders, Reilly has been getting whupped.

Sure is a lot of love for the Riders on TSN. 

Yeah I don't believe they have the best DBs in the league for a second. They got some big time players in the front 7 and some fine DBs, but it's a pretty shallow group on D overall that really relies on that handful of people to get it done. I mean their defensive tackles are nothing really special, but their ends are pretty damned good, their middle linebacker options suck, but Eguavoen is a hell of a player, just as a couple examples. 

I had to laugh when TSN went all gushy over Sam Hurl sacking Reilly. What actually happened was Hurl was able to grab Reilly's legs after the rest of the Dline had boxed him in and his pocket collapsed. 

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow, suddenly the rest of the season seems pretty decent for the bombers...

If we beat Sask, we're 9-7 and while I doubt Edm/BC win their games...  but its the CFL... ssssooooo.....

The thing that's really nice is we hold the tiebreaker over BC, and we'll get the season series against Edmonton if we win in the last week, or if that game ends in a tie (since we currently are winning the point differential in the season series with EDM).

18 hours ago, Booch said:

I remember one of your guys jackassing around with the camera in a game you were losing in