BOMBERS -Playoffs - ESKIMOS Out

Mr Dee

I don't think there's anyone arguing that we simply aren't very good this year. I really thought we'd be better, especially with the addition of Bighill. Injuries are part of the game, and losing 3 of our upper echelon players on Friday night will have an effect. Let's hope they're not as bad as the seemed ( for Bighill in particular ).

One thing we haven't talked about at all is the green hoard. So I took a look at their schedule.....without looking at the standings.  I think we will be 10-8 at the end, and sadly I think Sask will also be 10-8. I have them losing to Montreal, Bombers, and Calgary. Their last game of the year is at home against BC, sure would be nice if they could do us a favour there.

So, we gotta finish, at worst, 4th in the west. I really think we can do it. 4th that is. 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Don't want to throw cold water on your take but the two games against the schmoes are in their backyard ..IF they need them we're in trouble UNLESS Riley goes on vacation

We beat em in Edmonton last fall, why don't we do it again this year? 

Honestly when I look around the CFL I don't see any team that the Bombers can't beat if they are playing well. Now people are down on them right now because they haven't been playing well, but this weekends game was a step in the right direction regardless of who they were playing, so let's just let the rest of the season play out why not? 

People act like Edmonton is this monumental challenge but they're only 1 win better than us right now for all the problems Winnipeg has had. Just take care of the ball and move it a bit on offense and see what happens. There's a whole lot of meh teams in the CFL this year, think they call it parity, all it takes is a hot streak, and as the Riders have shown you don't even have to be good to get a hot streak!

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

We beat em in Edmonton last fall, why don't we do it again this year? 

Honestly when I look around the CFL I don't see any team that the Bombers can't beat if they are playing well. Now people are down on them right now because they haven't been playing well, but this weekends game was a step in the right direction regardless of who they were playing, so let's just let the rest of the season play out why not? 

People act like Edmonton is this monumental challenge but they're only 1 win better than us right now for all the problems Winnipeg has had. Just take care of the ball and move it a bit on offense and see what happens. There's a whole lot of meh teams in the CFL this year, think they call it parity, all it takes is a hot streak, and as the Riders have shown you don't even have to be good to get a hot streak!

Nice post.  

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Blowing that game in BC looks like it is going to bite us in the butt.

BC getting their last game against Calgary works for them in a big way...

This title thread probably should be BC-EDM-WPG Crossover Race

If we beat Edmonton this week, we're tied...  they are probably the most vulnerable team right now for our playoff hopes

Edmonton looks very beatable right now... but they are playing at home.   I'm worried about Harris, Demski and Bighill missing that game.   I guess for ratio reasons, if Harris can't go, LaFrance is the next man up.    I would personally rather see Flanders .  That being said,  we need the W, no matter who is playing.

7 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Edmonton looks very beatable right now... but they are playing at home.   I'm worried about Harris, Demski and Bighill missing that game.   I guess for ratio reasons, if Harris can't go, LaFrance is the next man up.    I would personally rather see Flanders .  That being said,  we need the W, no matter who is playing.

I think Flanders starts and they get another national receiver to start. Although, LaFrance did look better as the game went on. He looked more comfortable and able to find some holes. 

26 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think Flanders starts and they get another national receiver to start. Although, LaFrance did look better as the game went on. He looked more comfortable and able to find some holes. 

I'd run a rotation of Flanders/LaFrance and Peterman/Thompkins at Field WR

If Demski is out, we could be looking at a 3 'rookie' NI REC core...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

I'd run a rotation of Flanders/LaFrance and Peterman/Thompkins at Field WR

If Demski is out, we could be looking at a 3 'rookie' NI REC core...

That could be scary. Although, Wolitarsky has been solid, so no problem there.

Peterman has looked good in the chances he's had. He did look a bit terrified during his returns on Friday night. That should improve. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

With Harris our premium run threat down, have a few customized packages for Streveler  to come in forcing more pressure on their contain.

60-70% Nichols Sprinkling in Streveler 30-40%.

I think Thompkins has another huge game. And Petermann is going to make it hard for anyone to get him off the field.

I honestly think it's almost beneficial IF Demski and Harris miss this game. Yes of course it will hurt the O. But it will also force them to get more people involved, which we saw a bit of on Friday. Wolly, Thompkins specifically. They need to be fed the damn ball!! Early and often. 

Until the Bombers beat a +.500 team I have to say that BC holds all the edge for making the playoffs. The Bombers hopes right now are slim. Again I base that all on what they have done to date. If they can beat Edmonton or Ottawa then I may be convinced that they could squeeze into the playoffs. If they do though I don’t expect they would win. 

14 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

Until the Bombers beat a +.500 team I have to say that BC holds all the edge for making the playoffs. The Bombers hopes right now are slim. Again I base that all on what they have done to date. If they can beat Edmonton or Ottawa then I may be convinced that they could squeeze into the playoffs. If they do though I don’t expect they would win. 

I would say that the fact that this management group has basically done diddly squat to improve this team's roster means that they are delusional in their belief of how good this team is or they have simply mailed it in. They're going to go with what they have, injuries or not, and live with the consequences. I don't think anyone is really concerned. We could not win another game and no one believes they will get fired. There's always lots of excuses and everyone has time left on their contracts.