BOMBERS -Playoffs - ESKIMOS Out

Mr Dee

12 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I guess geography isn't your forte, either. What "whole bunch of cities" the size of Regina have NHL teams?

There aren't any, that was the point.  You make fun of us for not having a team, but we don't have enough people to support one, so its a lame joke.  

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

There aren't any, that was the point.  You make fun of us for not having a team, but we don't have enough people to support one, so its a lame joke.  

Sure... Because drought jokes are so original and witty. And by no means overplayed.

12 hours ago, Ripper said:

Its Canada's team because we have fans across the country, hands down the most popular team in the country.  Everyone knows it.  That's ok, you don't have to admit it. Keep up with your jokes.  There are a whole bunch of cities in the NHL the size of Regina that have NHL teams. The reason we don't have one must be because we are hillbillies, that sound about right? As you were.

The Riders are absolutely in no way whatsoever Canada's team lol the fact that you actually defend it shows that a sliver of you actually believes that's true - and that's the problem with Rider fans.

Edited by Dr Zaius

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

The Riders are absolutely in no way whatsoever Canada's team lol the fact that you actually defend it shows that a sliver of you actually believes that's true - and that's the problem with Rider fans.

Do you see Bluebombers jerseys in other stadiums when Riders aren't playing. What about Mexico, Cuba, literally all over the world.

Hate as much as you want, the "Riders brand" is all over the place.

2 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Do you see Bluebombers jerseys in other stadiums when Riders aren't playing. What about Mexico, Cuba, literally all over the world.

All it shows is a province full of people evacuating from their boring, backwoods, undeveloped province to every other city and corner of the earth.

Edited by Dr Zaius

7 hours ago, TheBandit said:

You know what sounds bad booch? Not winning a game in the modern CFL league. Your team can't do it and I don't think has the team to do it this year either. Last year sure, but if you're luck you may hit the 30 or 40 year mark soon. In modern CFL that's sad. You're completely set up to win.

Mods, punt this troll please.

17 hours ago, Ripper said:

Its Canada's team because we have fans across the country, hands down the most popular team in the country.  Everyone knows it.  That's ok, you don't have to admit it. Keep up with your jokes.  There are a whole bunch of cities in the NHL the size of Regina that have NHL teams. The reason we don't have one must be because we are hillbillies, that sound about right? As you were.

You know why you have fans across the country? Because the smart ones are bright enough to get the hell out of that craphole of a province called Saskatchewan. Lord knows if I lived there I probably would have shot myself by now, or moved to Saudi Arabia if I had no other options. 

You basically have potash, farmland, ladies with 3 teeth at most, and a football team. Not much else. So it's obvious why Saskatchewan folk who get scattered cheer for the football team --- the rest aren't much to cry home about. 

2 hours ago, TheBandit said:

I've seen riders jerseys in Cuba, but also they're worn by the most grungy looking tourists (except for one nice guy I met who basically wore it the day we met then never again.... he was also cool because he made fun of us for picking up Darian Darant.... he saw he was a useless *** and I agreed)

Riders jersey's on vacation are basically a backup plan for lost luggage. Or going naked. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Bomber fans have more class than that. 

I don't wear my Bomber gear when I go to a Stamps game not involving the Bombers because I'm not a ******* douchebag. 

Exactly. It's not something to be proud of. When I went to the Hip's last show in Winnipeg nobody was wearing Bombers/Jets gear. It was all Hip, all the way, even though the show was taking place in the home of the Jets. 

Sure enough, there had to be a couple rider jersey wearing idiots doing everything they could to stand out. It was so cringeworthy.

Edited by Dr Zaius

11 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

I've seen riders jerseys in Cuba, but also they're worn by the most grungy looking tourists (except for one nice guy I met who basically wore it the day we met then never again.... he was also cool because he made fun of us for picking up Darian Darant.... he saw he was a useless *** and I agreed)

Riders jersey's on vacation are basically a backup plan for lost luggage. Or going naked. 

Nothing screams "yokel" quite as much as a dork waltzing along a tropical beach wearing an ugly green Riders jersey and flip-flops.  I've seen them but hang my head in shame, it's absolutely embarrassing to consider they're our neighbours.

3 hours ago, TheBandit said:

Did you perhaps mean to type, "do you see BlueBomber jerseys in other stadiums when Winnipeg is playing on the road? The answer to this is yes, go back and watch game film of any Bomber road game and you will see people wearing our jerseys.

Are you asking if you can see Blue Bomber gear worn around the world? Yep. As for Rider gear, I've been in England, Scotland, Italy, France and Austria among other places and seen none.

43 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Did you perhaps mean to type, "do you see BlueBomber jerseys in other stadiums when Winnipeg is playing on the road? The answer to this is yes, go back and watch game film of any Bomber road game and you will see people wearing our jerseys.

Are you asking if you can see Blue Bomber gear worn around the world? Yep. As for Rider gear, I've been in England, Scotland, Italy, France and Austria among other places and seen none.

I went to Dubai 2 years ago.. I saw a bomber jersey.. Old one.. Original Royal blues.. Spoke to the guy wearing it.. He was from London England. My sister lives in London now and says its shocking to see Winnipeg related merch so much.. Lots of Jets fans there. Lots. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I went to Dubai 2 years ago.. I saw a bomber jersey.. Old one.. Original Royal blues.. Spoke to the guy wearing it.. He was from London England. My sister lives in London now and says its shocking to see Winnipeg related merch so much.. Lots of Jets fans there. Lots. 

Things have definitely changed then.  I spent 8 weeks in the U.K. over a decade ago - Canada was Toronto and Vancouver to almost every person you met. 

Well, the only favourable result this weekend was our own Bomber game. 

The playoff race as of now: 

RECORD           NEXT OPPONENTS 

Winnipeg -    9-7.               bye, vs Calgary, at Edmonton,

BC Lions -     8-7.              vs Edmonton, at Sask. vs Calgary

Edmonton -    8-8.             at BC, bye, vs Winnipeg 

Still a lot of variations in who gets in the playoffs.

What’s interesting is the fact that 4 teams can finish with a 10-8 record and I’m not sure how that would work..

Sask...lose 2 = 10-8

Wpg...win 1 lose 1 = 10-8

BC......win 2 lose 1 = 10-8

Edmonton win 2 = 10-8

Edited by Mr Dee

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Well, the only favourable result this weekend was our own Bomber game. 

The playoff race as of now: 

RECORD           NEXT OPPONENTS 

Winnipeg -    9-7.               bye, vs Calgary, at Edmonton,

BC Lions -     8-7.              vs Edmonton, at Sask. vs Calgary

Edmonton -    8-8.             at BC, bye, vs Winnipeg 

Still a lot of variations in who gets in the playoffs.

What’s interesting is the fact that 4 teams can finish with a 10-8 record and I’m not sure how that would work..

Sask...lose 2 = 10-8

Wpg...win 1 lose 1 = 10-8

BC......win 2 lose 1 = 10-8

Edmonton win 2 = 10-8

We would be ahead of BC at least, a playoff spot is all I care about. 

On 2018-10-11 at 2:26 PM, TheBandit said:

Sure- good branding, can't deny that. The rider fans are faithful- to a fault. The issue most of us Canadians have, is that the rider fans have proclaimed the riders as Canada's team- that just ain't true, that's just lying.

From the CFL site in the event of a tie:

When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following descending-order priorities and shall be awarded to the Club that:

has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
has scored the higher quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
has scored the higher net quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
has won a coin toss against the other tied Club.

Note: If two Clubs remain tied after other Club(s) are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step a).