SASKATCHEWAN 7-5 @ TORONTO 3-8

Mr Dee

16 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Green was wide open. Can't blame Trestman for the QB missing him.

Yup, and he had clear sailing all the way to the end zone. Bethel-Thompson flat-out blew the toss. thing.Good quarterbacks don't do that sort of thing.

Edited by Tracker

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Yup, and he had clear sailing all the way to the end zone. Bethel-Thompson flat-out blew the toss. thing.Good quarterbacks don't do that sort of

He had to rush the throw though, he had a guy barreling down on him. Didn't have enough time to let the play develop and had to guess where Sj was going to be. 

Our own fault.  Bombers have simply given away too many points in the standings this year.

Can't close out against Edmonton, lose on last play
Utter 2nd half collapse against the Lions
Collapse down the stretch against the Stamps
Completely blow 2 games against the Riders (a team we should beat)

Ok beating Montreal is not that special - but 0 turnovers, 1 penalty and a clutch 4th quarter drive, at least could be a starting point - in doing some things the right way...........

I watched the last quarter and MBT definitely has a lot of zip on his throws and didn't look lost when being rushed.   If I was a new fan I would of assumed Nichols is a rookie CFL qb and MBT was the guy with many years experience...

Sucks that Toronto couldn't get a real kicker....  they gave that one away. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They'll get to the playoffs & the Esks will kill them. 

not sure about that - the Edmonton offense seems to be having some issues and their defense does not scare anyone. Just to get there would be nice. All the Bombers can hope for is a cross over (if that). Riders seem to be able to figure out how to win when they probably should not have won. Give them credit for that at least. We on the other hand seem to be able to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory quit easily.

15 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I know... I can't believe we lost to them

Bombers lost because they played like crap and have done so except for a couple of games. Riders have won because they have had games handed to them, save perhaps for the Calgary game. Good teams win consistently, bad teams find ways to lose. Apart from the likelihood of the Bombers missing the playoffs yet again, it really irks me that we are probably going to see the Riders do well enough that we will have to see Jones again next year.

Good teams find a way to win.  Riders defense has been good to dominant for most of the season.  Their special teams are up there with the best in the league.  Meanwhile the Bombers offense has been below average for most of the season while the defense outside a few games against weak teams has been 6th or 7th best in the league.  Special teams has also been mediocre.  Hence, our sub.500 record.

19 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

But they suck so bad.... I mean, that is a piss-poor product on the field that lucked out and beat us twice... 

I am tired of giving the riders games... they need to earn them from now on. 

Its not luck when you lose to someone 2 weeks in a row. As far as giving games away, well, turnovers etc. are always a part of most loses. Not taking care of the football can be a side effect of pressure or many other things.  Teams like Calgary always seem to come out on the winning side of close games. They are just good and make few mistakes, its not a secret, they just outlast their opponents. Talent wise, there usually isn't  a huge difference between the top team and the bottom one. The top teams just never make mistakes and they protect the ball. 

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Its not luck when you lose to someone 2 weeks in a row. As far as giving games away, well, turnovers etc. are always a part of most loses. Not taking care of the football can be a side effect of pressure or many other things.  Teams like Calgary always seem to come out on the winning side of close games. They are just good and make few mistakes, its not a secret, they just outlast their opponents. Talent wise, there usually isn't  a huge difference between the top team and the bottom one. The top teams just never make mistakes and they protect the ball. 

First off- riders are not in the same class the stamps. You are delusional.

The riders are totally fortunate that teams are giving them games, otherwise they would be at the bottom of the league right now. I mean, really... Montreal...? MONTREAL!!!!???? that is pretty much where the riders are at. 

If The hometown Bomber fans didn't boo Nichols- there would have been a much different result LDC and BB. The riders were the fortunate recipient of our qb working stuff out and having to try too hard to make plays and forcing stuff.

Congratulations on ranking 2nd in the west- but that is not a good indication of how good the riders are, just how lucky they are.  

35 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

First off- riders are not in the same class the stamps. You are delusional.

The riders are totally fortunate that teams are giving them games, otherwise they would be at the bottom of the league right now. I mean, really... Montreal...? MONTREAL!!!!???? that is pretty much where the riders are at. 

If The hometown Bomber fans didn't boo Nichols- there would have been a much different result LDC and BB. The riders were the fortunate recipient of our qb working stuff out and having to try too hard to make plays and forcing stuff.

Congratulations on ranking 2nd in the west- but that is not a good indication of how good the riders are, just how lucky they are.  

I never said the Riders were in the same class as the Stamps, that's a hell of a leap there. We have trouble beating the stamps for the same reasons I mentioned.  I actually could care less what you think the reason is why the Riders have won as many games as we have.  As far as the booing, Collaros and the Riders have been boo'd quite a few times this year at home.  Collaros even stood up and commented that he didn't blame the fans for being mad. He handled it the right way.  I always get mad when we lose the game on the last play, like any fan would. I realize its never about one play.  We had the Argos down and out in the first half. We let them get back in it nearly lost because of it. 

12 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I never said the Riders were in the same class as the Stamps, that's a hell of a leap there. 

My Apologies then- I saw that in the same paragraph that you brought up the Stamps- I thought there was some relation there. 

Sorry about that.

Thanks though for taking TO out- helps us with the cross over spot. 

If we cross over... I hope to goodness that we play you in the cup- that would be an awesome game. 

riders suck!   

😁

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy