Matt Nichols - YAY!!!!!!!!!

TrueBlue4ever

Nice clean game, did not force plays, put together a big time consuming, point scoring drive when we needed it in the 4th quarter, and delivered on the kill shot on 2nd and long to ice the game. Played with focus and fire. Thanks for settling things down with the team and this bi-polar fan base, good job (and you throw a spiral a million times better than Johnny "Quack quack" Football). Go get 'em next week!

Nichols had a great game, I just hope Harris/Demski/Bighill are alright. As for Johnny Football he threw a few lame ducks last night... that final score flattered the Als', if Randle catches that one pass he jumped it's a pick-6, if Roh's endzone fumble recovery isn't called back... that's another TD. Another fun fact... Mr. Manziel hasn't thrown a TD pass in the CFL yet, would be interesting to see what he could do with any semblance of an offensive line, but right now looks like the Ti-cats fleeced 'em.

35 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

A solid game for Nichols last night. He didn't shoot the light outs but he managed the offense well. And most importantly, he didn't cough up the ball.

Now, he needs to do it again next week.

Yes, indeed, them's the key words: "he needs to do it again next week." Yes, Nichols had a controlled, pretty mistake-free game last night at home against the team with the worst record in the CFL. That's good. It's certainly better than the alternative: crapping the bed and losing to the worst team at home. That said, let's hold off on the heavy kudos for now. Judgment is reserved about his rehabilitation until he can do it against a plus .500 club from the West. After all, that's the acid test, no? Those are the teams we will need to beat if we hope to take home the chalice.

1 minute ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Yes, indeed, them's the key words: "he needs to do it again next week." Yes, Nichols had a controlled, pretty mistake-free game last night at home against the team with the worst record in the CFL. That's good. It's certainly better than the alternative: crapping the bed and losing to the worst team at home. That said, let's hold off on the heavy kudos for now. Judgment is reserved about his rehabilitation until he can do it against a plus .500 club from the West. After all, that's the acid test, no? Those are the teams we will need to beat if we hope to take home the chalice.

Agree 100%

Simply “managing” the game is not enough to win it all and bring home a cup.  The QB needs to “own” the game when out there. 

One play that was funny last night was when Nichols had to run it,  he made it a ways but not enough for a first down... he took a pretty good hit on the play pretty much in front of the Montreal bench, all the drunk bomber fans on that side of the field gave him a big cheer so Matt gets up like he is hulk hogan or something and acts all tough for the fans....then he trots off the field because they never got the first down.  I said to the wife wtf is everyone cheering for, we gotta punt now. 

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Simply “managing” the game is not enough to win it all and bring home a cup.  The QB needs to “own” the game when out there. 

The 8-10 Calgary Stampeders with the infamous Marcus Crandell managed the game and beat the favoured Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2001. 

There are other examples, but that one sticks out.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The 8-10 Calgary Stampeders with the infamous Marcus Crandell managed the game and beat the favoured Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2001. 

You’re right that there are exceptions to every rule and abnormalities in all sets of data but I’d rather not count on the opponent laying an egg and their kicker crapping his pants for us to win a significant game. 

He was good but I think the result would have been similar Streveler. I don't think this QB issue/situation is going away anytime soon, despite what O'Shea thinks. I feel like we offered up Montreal as a sacrifice to Nichols, got him to look good so he can keep the job, and now we can just go on pretending like everything is fine.

Montreal is a bad, bad team. The Bombers should have beat them easily, especially with the defense swarming and Manziel playing poorly. The offense continues to be inconsistent and that issue was magnified when Harris got hurt.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Bombers came into that game so full of themselves that they thought Calgary would just roll over. They had no respect for the Stamps. Ritchie didn't have the team ready to play as they were too busy showing off in font of the cameras & talking trash into the mics all week.  I remember being ticked off the entire time that Ritchie didn't put a lid on it.  No way Calgary was the better team & yet they won.

1 hour ago, Captain Blue said:

He was good but I think the result would have been similar Streveler. I don't think this QB issue/situation is going away anytime soon, despite what O'Shea thinks. I feel like we offered up Montreal as a sacrifice to Nichols, got him to look good so he can keep the job, and now we can just go on pretending like everything is fine.

Montreal is a bad, bad team. The Bombers should have beat them easily, especially with the defense swarming and Manziel playing poorly. The offense continues to be inconsistent and that issue was magnified when Harris got hurt.

Im a Nichols fan... but last night was worrying - as soon as Harris was down, we fell apart.  250 yards against Stubler is nothing to crow about...  zero interceptions is good for sure...  but I'm not sold on Nichols at all.  

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Im a Nichols fan... but last night was worrying - as soon as Harris was down, we fell apart.  250 yards against Stubler is nothing to crow about...  zero interceptions is good for sure...  but I'm not sold on Nichols at all.  

Can you see this team winning another game? Sorry but I can't.  We play Edmonton on the road next week, then Ottawa on the road the following week, then the Riders & Calgary at home ending the season in Edmonton on the road.  Yikes.

38 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bombers came into that game so full of themselves that they thought Calgary would just roll over. They had no respect for the Stamps. Ritchie didn't have the team ready to play as they were too busy showing off in font of the cameras & talking trash into the mics all week.  I remember being ticked off the entire time that Ritchie didn't put a lid on it.  No way Calgary was the better team & yet they won.

And yet here we are puffing ourselves up because we beat Montreal. 

As opposed to carrying on with the slings and arrows directed to everyone with a pulse had we lost that game?

That’s who we played. That’s who we beat. It was never in doubt.

Are some of you pissed that we won? Do you think anybody who beats Montreal has second thoughts because it was Montreal? No, I think they play, they win, and then they move on to the next game..like we will.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Are some of you pissed that we won? Do you think anybody who beats Montreal has second thoughts because it was Montreal? No, I think they play, they win, and then they move on to the next game..like we will.

I said it earlier in the week, some people have flipped to preferring to see Nichols and OShea fail rather than seeing the bombers win. Nichols had a solid game but unless he was perfection out there it's not enough for some. 

I've been harsh on Nichols but to me that looked very much like 2016 2017 Nichols last night. He played with fire.. He took some hits got up and talked smack.. Made several great throws stepping up in to the pocket... The guy looked good. 

Montreal has a darn decent D... Better than Edmonton thats for sure. 

If people are in here to talk crap about Matt, i believe thats what the other threads are for..

The fact there are a couple ppl in here refusing to praise the guy... Yeah.. The vocal minority definitely makes this site less readable at times. Good place to discuss football however... Very very repetitive. 

Repeat stuff repeat stuff repeat stuff... Straight out of Nazi Germany handbook. 

Edited by Goalie

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I've been harsh on Nichols but to me that looked very much like 2016 2017 Nichols last night. He played with fire.. He took some hits got up and talked smack.. Made several great throws stepping up in to the pocket... The guy looked good. 

Montreal has a darn decent D... Better than Edmonton thats for sure. 

Montreal D is not better than Edmonton - Stubler uses the same playbook as Hall...  bend don't break...  Benevides does this too but a bit more adapted to modern era

Nichols looked 'better' but all that means is that he performed as well as Streveler did against Montreal... with less TDs.  He did not blow the doors off that D.

59 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I said it earlier in the week, some people have flipped to preferring to see Nichols and OShea fail rather than seeing the bombers win. Nichols had a solid game but unless he was perfection out there it's not enough for some. 

Nichols struggles have been a more recent development but O'Shea has been a failure for years now. He's super-loyal to his players at the expense of the team and he's stubborn to a fault. Has been for 5 years now, not gonna change or learn. I want what's best for the team and if that means O'Shea's demise, it can't come soon enough.

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

Nichols struggles have been a more recent development but O'Shea has been a failure for years now. He's super-loyal to his players at the expense of the team and he's stubborn to a fault. Has been for 5 years now, not gonna change or learn. I want what's best for the team and if that means O'Shea's demise, it can't come soon enough.

Did he run off with your wife?

You're shtick is getting old. Can you at least keep you incessant bitchong and moaning out of a positive thread? 

Do you go through life and piss on every parade you come across? Do you just walk around and shout and shake your fist at random clouds?