3 stars plus HH slump buster edition

wbbfan

1 Roh, Monster game with 7 tackles 3 sacks fumble recovery and a tackle for a loss

2 Medlock nailing those long field goals. Couple great punts, though two poorer ones late.

3 Thompkins/wolitarsky. Both had a great game. especially big for thompkins coming back from that scary injury in the banjo bowl. 

hh Sayles coming up for a big hit on the much bigger stanback. 

1) The entire front 4...good pressure all game but a couple of problems finishing the sack

2) Wolitarsky is becoming a big time possession receiver who runs crisp routes and catches almost everything thrown his way

3) Thompkins probably had his most impactful game as a WBB

HH...Harris...played well chewing up some yards and made some great catches until he got hurt.

4 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

1) The entire front 4...good pressure all game but a couple of problems finishing the sack

2) Wolitarsky is becoming a big time possession receiver who runs crisp routes and catches almost everything thrown his way

3) Thompkins probably had his most impactful game as a WBB

HH...Harris...played well chewing up some yards and made some great catches until he got hurt.

Yeah our tackling, in general, is not very good (outside of a small group of guys). A lot of bad pursuit angles, poor tackling form, selling out for hits etc. If a guy like drake nevis gets his arm around a QB that qb should be going down 9 times out of 10. Odd time you deal with a guy like mike reilly who is strong af. But weve seen far too many broken arm tackles by qbs in the back field this year. 

16 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Wolitarsky made some clutch catches.....this kid is on his way to big things in this league

Thompkins...starting to look like the receiver we thought he was

Sayles... is making a name for himself in the secondary....hope it continues

Yeah he looks like a guy who will be a lock for 1k yards a year for the next several years. This year is his coming out party. 

A back up to the HH, right after making a big first down catch Thompkins pinched inside and leveled an als defender with a block in run support. That type of effort away from the ball is contagious. 

I can't believe people think Nichols played well. The only difference between this week and last game is he turtled instead of throwing picks. He panicked early and often, showed no patienxe or creativity in the pocket, and would have been sacked more than Manziel if wasn't for those multiple 1 yard "runs' to nowhere.

I was a Nichols supporter before this season, but I have zero confidence anymore that he can come through for us against a good team.

20 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

can't believe people think Nichols played well

Well enough.

He isn’t a top QB, but he pushed the ball downfield when necessary, made some nice, accurate throws and executed the game plan to a T. Maneuverability will always be an issue for Nichols, but this time he took the sack instead of tossing those dumb panic passes. 

And he won..

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

1. Roe best game by a DL member this year

2. Nichols  made the throws he had to.

3. Thompkins was told all week Walters can’t find any import receivers 

HH Alexander excellent pass break up on a deep ball several sure tackles around LOS

I have been hard on Roh but he was really busting his ass last night, hope he keeps it going.

Nichols was sharp, end of story.

Thompkins is a good route runner, gets nice separation from the defender, head and shoulders over Lankford. 

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I can't believe people think Nichols played well. The only difference between this week and last game is he turtled instead of throwing picks. He panicked early and often, showed no patienxe or creativity in the pocket, and would have been sacked more than Manziel if wasn't for those multiple 1 yard "runs' to nowhere.

I was a Nichols supporter before this season, but I have zero confidence anymore that he can come through for us against a good team.

he played better. That is giving a lot of people hope and optimism. A lot of fans are of the belief that if we win, the qb must have played pretty good. 

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

1. Roe best game by a DL member this year

2. Nichols  made the throws he had to.

3. Thompkins was told all week Walters can’t find any import receivers 

HH Alexander excellent pass break up on a deep ball several sure tackles around LOS

cant talk enough about how much roh beasted. If he plays like that every good (not the production just the quality of play) he is gonna be impossible to take out. 

Lol Thompkins got walters back at least. 

We have a good crew of talented young DBs again. Time to cut them for some nfl cast offs who also play special teams.