Game Day Thread- Week Fifteen, GAME 13: Als @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers September 2, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Frankly, over time, some of the structure and the play calls on O, have irked me, from time to time.....  But some folks are talking about Lapo if he was....... Marcel B or "offensive guru" Crowton   

When we had an effective and confident QB ..didn't hear too many folks saying that Lapo was a bum.

Quickest way to turn this around is to get the QB turned around.  

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

and you'd find a way to turn it into 'proof' that we have always been on the right track with MOS and Nichols and how it means we are now destined for a Grey Cup appearance.

Didn't you just berate jcon for making sweeping assumptions about you and your comments and how they were inaccurate.... yet here you are doing the same thing that you berated him for?  

17to85's comment is pretty accurate, you have a history of doing that...  I fail to see that 17to85 say anything like " 'proof' that we have always been on the right track with MOS and Nichols and how it means we are now destined for a Grey Cup appearance." .

ANyhoo,   GO BOMBERS! DON'T SUCK TONIGHT!!!

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Why is it absurd?

It's absurd because an offensive unit needs multiple pieces to function and be effective. It isn't just on one individual. And your bias is well known, so I'm not surprised you've pulled out the "Fire LaPolice" axe to grind again. No different from the few here who want to pin all the blame on the head coach for an entire team struggling the last month or so. It takes a team to win.

However, it still isn't justified. Everyone needs to step the **** up and be better, coaches and players alike.

Edited by blue_gold_84

16 minutes ago, do or die said:

Frankly, over time, some of the structure and the play calls on O, have irked me, from time to time.....  But some folks are talking about Lapo if he was....... Marcel B or "offensive guru" Crowton   

When we had an effective and confident QB ..didn't hear too many folks saying that Lapo was a bum.

Quickest way to turn this around is to get the QB turned around.  

Its the pop-gun and trick play aspects that's frustrating...  Lapo can call some really nice games but he's always been an overthinker

It feels like he's dumbed down his offence and removed a lot of misdirection (not the gimmick misdirection) possibly to accommodate a Nichols injury?

Either way, our OC and our QB are not the guys they were last year - that has to change or its another complete overhaul coming...

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So if the offense actually does anything do we give credit to Lapolice and Nichols for buckling down and working hard over the bye week and fixing the problems, or do we just say "yup, Dressler is the straw stirring the drink for the passing game"?

I think the obvious thing to say would be "Montreal sucks". Now if we start beating the Calgary and Edmontons of the league, then ...

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

It might be that he goes with his first read no matter what. When it's the right read, he looks great. When it's not, he looks bad. 

Someone (Mr Dee?) posted that Nichols hasn't had a 300 yard game for the last 14 games in a row. That's a long time for a starting CFL QB.

Pretty sure he was well over 300 yards in the playoff loss to Edmonton last season....  With 3 TD's, I think.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Exactly the response I expect. 

If we win, it won't matter around here. "It's just Montreal, so it changes nothing" 

Then we'll get another week of BS about MOS being an *expletive* and Nichols being the worst QB in the league. 

And this would bother you because it's true or because someone actually said it?

45 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Didn't you just berate jcon for making sweeping assumptions about you and your comments and how they were inaccurate.... yet here you are doing the same thing that you berated him for?  

17to85's comment is pretty accurate, you have a history of doing that...  I fail to see that 17to85 say anything like " 'proof' that we have always been on the right track with MOS and Nichols and how it means we are now destined for a Grey Cup appearance." .

ANyhoo,   GO BOMBERS! DON'T SUCK TONIGHT!!!

No, I didn't berate jcon. I simply repeated what I've said about MOS and Nichols.

As for 17.. he has a history of saying that MOS is on the right track, of supporting Nichols and of making stuff up that I don't say or mean then complaining about it.

Go Bombers!

37 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's absurd because an offensive unit needs multiple pieces to function and be effective. It isn't just on one individual. And your bias is well known, so I'm not surprised you've pulled out the "Fire LaPolice" axe to grind again. No different from the few here who want to pin all the blame on the head coach for an entire team struggling the last month or so. It takes a team to win.

However, it still isn't justified. Everyone needs to step the **** up and be better, coaches and players alike.

There in it's simplicity, yet sophistication, is exactly what needs to happen.

43 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Listen, Nichols has never been a great deep ball QB and so far streveler hasn't shown to be phenomenal at it either, so why is our offensive coordinator continually calling those telegraphed deep shots? Why is he calling over complicated plays when he could go to simple plays that this team can execute well? Case in point, one of those ints for a td last game came on a 2nd and 3 situation, we emptied the backfield... when it the qb is struggling why not help him out and use your league best rb and league best OL and smash the ball up the middle? Even if you only get 2 yards you got a 3rd down you can gamble on too. Lapo ain't helping the qbs at all. He sticks to his fancy pants bullshit even if the qb is struggling. 

Less is more for the offense right now. Stop trying to outsmart every one, just do what they do well and lean on that.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

That we are boned until the Bombers find someone at least as good as Dressler, younger and more durable.

Sadly, that seems to be a tall (pun intended) order for this recruitment staff. I just can't understand why every other team in this league can find Arceneauxs, Williams, Ellingsons, Greens, Walkers, etc.

Edited by J5V
grammar

2 hours ago, do or die said:

hen we had an effective and confident QB ..didn't hear too many folks saying that Lapo was a bum.

actually, last season, when they were the league leading O, some people were critical of Lapolice. Went through a lot of complicated hoops to explain how that could be.

So for them, this season has just proven that THEY WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!                                                              

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

actually, last season, when they were the league leading O, some people were critical of Lapolice. Went through a lot of complicated hoops to explain how that could be.

26 minutes ago, Mark F said:

NO COLLUSION!

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

High hopes? Not really. All @JCon did was quote Streveler's stat line from week 2 and the number of points by which the Bombers beat the Alouettes that game. Keep in mind, though, he only passed for 246 yards.

Some really need to learn how to pay attention.

JCon was saying IF Nichols was to put up those numbers....it doesn't matter who else has done it..it would still be high hopes for Nichols to do that well.   We all hope he can,  I guess we will see in a few hours.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I think it's been widely agreed on this board that receivers are not making plays. If they were, things may be a bit different. 

We're not looking at the same Nichols as we were a year ago. He's obviously injured, as indicated by the huge knee brace he's wearing and he's forcing throws, making bad decisions. If his receivers were making plays and catching the ball, his confidence might turn around too. 

We'll see. 

I have never agreed with that about the recievers... many times Nichols throws are not in the right spot for the receivers, they do all they can to get a hand on the ball but when it ain't the best spot for a catch it makes it look like the receivers fault.