Game Day Thread- Week Fifteen, GAME 13: Als @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers September 2, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

On 2018-09-22 at 11:54 AM, blueingreenland said:

To sum up a few posters on this thread who repeatedly crap on the team and completely ignore any positives

:- Nichols still sucks

- O Shea sucks

-LaPo is the worst OC in the league

- Hall is the worst DC in the league

- Our offense is bad

- Our defense is bad

- Our special teams/kicker is bad

Me? Well, I'm just glad we won. We needed this game. We still got problems, sure. But at the end of the day it's a W, and I'm happy for that!

I hope you don't mind. I made a slight correction to your original post. 

On 2018-09-22 at 9:56 AM, J5V said:

Go ahead and plan the parade. You lemmings are becoming quite hilarious if you think this sad group is doing anything. We were life and death to win that game until Manziel gave it to us late. 

Aaaand for such a classy post, congratulations:

4_06d2ab_693554.gif

7 hours ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. Every player is going to have an off-play or off-day but Medlock has proven himself to be the best leg man in the league for years now. My only concern about him is that we need to start grooming a replacement.

Medlock had a couple of bad punts in the 2nd half, but people ragging on him is mind-blowing. He's the best kicker in the league IMO, and has been in that position for years. I loved watching him kick before we had the good fortune to acquire him. Those 2 punts in the first half, and the long-range field goal were things of beauty. I agree we need to think about a replacement, because his contract is up after this year I think and I believe he was talking about retirement before this season.

43 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Medlock had a couple of bad punts in the 2nd half, but people ragging on him is mind-blowing. He's the best kicker in the league IMO, and has been in that position for years. I loved watching him kick before we had the good fortune to acquire him. Those 2 punts in the first half, and the long-range field goal were things of beauty. I agree we need to think about a replacement, because his contract is up after this year I think and I believe he was talking about retirement before this season.

People? person. 

just one person has been bitching and moaning about Medlock- the old man shouting and shaking fist at clouds. 

7 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Our import talent has been lacking for a long time but if we’re being honest, Edmonton is lacking import talent at every position outside of QB and receiver. Great, even good quaterback play masks all these problems. 

I have read the Eskimos thread on the HFBoards Oilers board and at least a few there say the GM Sunderland does not have very good connections down south.  Sound familiar?;)

4 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

**** U!    I'm not happy of the play this year but you specifically pointed out Medlocks play.   That is absolutely absurd.  You sound like a cranky old man who ******* just to *****.   Like the old fart who yells at the kids to stay off his lawn. 

How is it absurd? Did he or did he not shank a couple, one for 29 yards? I'll bet if you ask HIM he'd say he wasn't happy with those shanks.

24 minutes ago, J5V said:

How is it absurd? Did he or did he not shank a couple, one for 29 yards? I'll bet if you ask HIM he'd say he wasn't happy with those shanks.

Cuz you are shitting on him by cherrypicking one punt while ignoring his whole body of work of the evening.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

On 2018-09-22 at 9:31 AM, Tracker said:

Harris's brittleness has to be a growing concern.

He took a helmet on the side of the knee from a player at full speed that isn’t brittle. If you go back and look it is shocking he doesn’t get hurt more. The last time he was knocked out of a game he took a very hard head shot.

On 2018-09-22 at 1:26 PM, 17to85 said:

The Edmonton D can be had, just a matter of limiting Reilly's bullshit big plays. That game between Edmonton  and ottawa today will be a very interesting one. Or it will be a filthy beat down of ottawa, what do I know?

It is gonna come down to our DBs. Reilly is a great QB, for sure, but he has some awesome receivers that often make him look better.  

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I say it comes down to the front 7. Wrap him up and don't let him escape and extend plays you're good. That's what killed em in  game 1.

Yup we scheme Reilly like we did with Manziel, forcing him to stay in the pocket. Contain, Contain, Contain. Unlike Manziel though, this game will be tougher on our coverage guys as Reilly can go through his reads much better than Manziel. 

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup we scheme Reilly like we did with Manziel, forcing him to stay in the pocket. Contain, Contain, Contain. Unlike Manziel though, this game will be tougher on our coverage guys as Reilly can go through his reads much better than Manziel. 

Not even close comparing Reilly vs Manziel. Reilly's rapport with his receivers is phenomenal.