Game Day Thread- Week Fifteen, GAME 13: Als @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers September 2, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Edmonton D can be had, just a matter of limiting Reilly's bullshit big plays. That game between Edmonton  and ottawa today will be a very interesting one. Or it will be a filthy beat down of ottawa, what do I know?

In theory but if Harris and Demski are out, I don't think we have the weapons to do it.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What other teams feature canadian receivers that regularly get targeted? Calgary I guess but anyone else? Seems like most other teams lean heavily on their Americans.

I remember a quote from Walters a year or two back where he said something like Canadian receivers aren't as important as they used to be. Kind of a dumb thing to say considering the play of Sinopoli & now Wolitarski.  And our guy was ignored for most of the season before LaPo & Nichols clued in that he can play. No reason why he can't be a thousand yard receiver in the years to come. But talk about our GM just giving up on Canadian receivers considering all the former great ones that have played in the CFL.

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I remember a quote from Walters a year or two back where he said something like Canadian receivers aren't as important as they used to be. Kind of a dumb thing to say considering the play of Sinopoli & now Wolitarski.  And our guy was ignored for most of the season before LaPo & Nichols clued in that he can play. No reason why he can't be a thousand yard receiver in the years to come. But talk about our GM just giving up on Canadian receivers considering all the former great ones that have played in the CFL.

I think that quote likely means more about the improvement in other positions as canadians, but yes Wolitarsky is a beaut, even if he is a phony canadian and I think peterman can be another good one. Given how shitty some of the American receivers are I'd love to see simonise get more chances too.

If demski cant go..I'd put Woli in the slot and Simonese outside..we be a better offence with at than with Peterman in..still too inconsistent and has had 3 or 4 pretty bad drops last 2 games.

Simonese would draw constant attention on boundary and is likely able to cause some mismatches 

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

If demski cant go..I'd put Woli in the slot and Simonese outside..we be a better offence with at than with Peterman in..still too inconsistent and has had 3 or 4 pretty bad drops last 2 games.

Simonese would draw constant attention on boundary and is likely able to cause some mismatches 

I like that plan. Wolitarsky is likely a better slot receiver - good hands and size. I think they’re under utilizing Simonise. Size, speed, he’s definitely a match up problem at boundary. Makes so much sense it’ll never happen 

Edited by M.Silverback

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Simonise isn't as ready as Petermann. He should play slot & not Wolitarsky. Leave him where he is for now. Eventually Wolitarsky should move to slot.  Probably not this year.

On 2018-09-22 at 9:54 AM, Jpan85 said:

Had 45.7 average coffin cornered one and almost had another one. 

I'd imagine he might be one of the 3 players of the week for his performance to be honest..  that punt to the 1, the 51 yarder.. 

Seeing him ragged on for 2 bad punts.. possibly his only 2 bad ones this year.. is laughable.

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

I'd imagine he might be one of the 3 players of the week for his performance to be honest..  that punt to the 1, the 51 yarder.. 

Seeing him ragged on for 2 bad punts.. possibly his only 2 bad ones this year.. is laughable.

Agreed. Every player is going to have an off-play or off-day but Medlock has proven himself to be the best leg man in the league for years now. My only concern about him is that we need to start grooming a replacement.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Its a little frustrating to have the best National content that we have had in at least a decade and to be so lacking on the other side.

Agreed. Considering the pool of football players being churned out in the US with a population of 330,000,000 logic says that it ought to be much easier to find import players than fish in the Canadian draft pool.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. Every player is going to have an off-play or off-day but Medlock has proven himself to be the best leg man in the league for years now. My only concern about him is that we need to start grooming a replacement.

Medlock, like Harris, is great! We have all, myself included, referred to him as "Money". But like Harris, his talent is wasted on this team because 5 years in, we just can't win when it counts and these players great performances get wasted. Did he shank a couple last game? Yes he did. Was it at a critical time in the game? Yes it was. Did it bite us in the ass? No, not this time. Thankfully it was Montreal.

21 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's not that far-fetched to say Wolitarsky could have been completely ignored by LaPo and Nichols had Streveller not relied on him heavily during his starts and revealed his abilities.  All it takes to find out whether a player is a baller is to make them a part of the game plan by throwing the ball in their direction more than once or twice per game and see what happens.  Many receivers playing that position never get the opportunity to show their stuff and only get thrown to as a last resort.

On 2018-09-22 at 8:56 AM, J5V said:

Go ahead and plan the parade. You lemmings are becoming quite hilarious if you think this sad group is doing anything. We were life and death to win that game until Manziel gave it to us late. 

**** U!    I'm not happy of the play this year but you specifically pointed out Medlocks play.   That is absolutely absurd.  You sound like a cranky old man who ******* just to *****.   Like the old fart who yells at the kids to stay off his lawn.