Game Day Thread- Week Fifteen, GAME 13: Als @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers September 2, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

A few thoughts from last night's game:

The only thing the Bombers proved was that they are better than the Al's

Nichols was not much better than Manziel, and Manziel was not good at all

Bombers still cannot make half-time adjustments to the offence

Thompkins can play well in thus league.

Harris's brittleness has to be a growing concern.

Even if the Bombers manage to make the playoffs, they will be one and done again.

Nichols was better but he still ain't good.

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The radio broadcast was somewhat enthused about how well both of them played. 

According to the radio broadcast, Manziel can make all the throws. I think Doug pointed to the Montreal O line as being little or no help.

Sounded like Manziel under pressure sometimes  runs quite a ways backward from the line.

That definitely won't work in the CFL.

Skip Cox.......Even I was surprised that  Montreal signed/played Skip Cox this season.

He didn't look very good last season.

Edited by Mark F

The effort was better and a good result BUT we have to take into consideration who we were playing....That old bugaboo ..4..count em ..2 and outs in a row was starting to rear it's ugly head...Nichols overcame it in time to put together some offence but that tendency against a stronger club could have been fatal....Don't know whether it's the play calling or Nichols going into a funk but if we're going to go anywhere the rest of the way in 18' it has to stop..In any event we'll take the 2 pts.

3 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Are you seriously crapping on Medlock now?  You got issues bud.  😕

Go ahead and plan the parade. You lemmings are becoming quite hilarious if you think this sad group is doing anything. We were life and death to win that game until Manziel gave it to us late. 

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Had 45.7 average coffin cornered one and almost had another one. 

No kidding. Medlock is the leader in putting punts inside the 10. He works at it and he works on back spins. That’s not easy to do, especially inside the 10. If he gets a couple of shorter kicks and still maintains a 45.7 avg with a better net yardage than the opposing punter...what’s wrong with that?

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Being there live, I would say not impressed by Manziel. He can run but man he throws a lot of ducks and off his back foot a lot.

That was my thoughts also. Manziel just does not have that good throwing motion that all successful QB's have. His throws were off his back foot, wobbly at times and seem to only have arm strength no technique. Great running capabilities but as a CFL QB doubt he will be here next year unless he learns how to throw. Just not impressed with his passes period.

Edited by BBRT

Good things happen when...

Nichols hit Adams deep, for 49 yards, before the half, to set up a TD.

You get zero turnovers..

One penalty - although it was a costly one (negated a sack and TD)

Brandon Alexander- solid hits, good defence.

Dressler made it 121 straight games in which he’s played that he’s caught a pass.

Import Kenbrill Thompkins (Mb) 94 yards on 5 catches.

First 2 and out - 4:21 left in the 1st half

Roh, Roh, Roh your...

Paul LaPolice - as Barker said ; “textbook offensive strategy in the 1st half”; 

👁‍🗨 moved the pocket around, used play action after establishing Harris, nifty toss play to the RBs that harris exploited and LaFrance scored on and good quick passes.

Then...the 2nd half. WTF. Worst 2nd half play caller in the league..and we survived. 

The FG Drive was good however..Thompkins made 2 clutch catches on 2nd downs that closed the game off. Nichols threw some nice passes on that drive. I thought he had a solid game..playing his kind of game.

Medlock - league leader for punts inside the 10...awesome.

30 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Your ignoring the other great 4 punts. 

No, some of you guys are pointing out the positives ad nauseum as though we had made some kind of huge breakthrough. Is that true? I dont think so. For example, although Medlock made some real nice boots last night, he also shanked those 2 late which, against a better team, could have resulted in the ball being rammed down our throats. You can't ignore that kind of stuff. It'll kill you against a better team. Geez even Nichols was talking playoffs and a grey cup appearance. You gotta be kidding me. 

10 minutes ago, J5V said:

No, some of you guys are pointing out the positives ad nauseum as though we had made some kind of huge breakthrough. Is that true? I dont think so. For example, although Medlock made some real nice boots last night, he also shanked those 2 late which, against a better team, could have resulted in the ball being rammed down our throats. You can't ignore that kind of stuff. It'll kill you against a better team. Geez even Nichols was talking playoffs and a grey cup appearance. You gotta be kidding me. 

We have had negatives jammed down our throats for the past month. I choose to be positive. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

We have had negatives jammed down our throats for the past month. I choose to be positive. 

As is your prerogative. I prefer to be critically analytical. You think Calgary sits around after a game going on and on ad nauseum about how great they are? Or do you think they look at what they didn't do well and say, we can do better? I'm saying we can do better too, especially shanking kicks late in a tight game. That ****'ll kill you!

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

A few thoughts from last night's game:

The only thing the Bombers proved was that they are better than the Al's

Bombers still cannot make half-time adjustments to the offence

Thompkins can play well in thus league.

Harris's brittleness has to be a growing concern.

Even if the Bombers manage to make the playoffs, they will be one and done again.

Nichols was better but he still ain't good.

Agree with everything, possible exception Harris being brittle. He takes a lot of punishment. Too much. Defences go off on him because really he’s all you have to scheme against. He’s likely hurt every game but still plays at a high level. They need other legitimate weapons 

21 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. The Bombers played great, they were sharp, focused and disciplined. Best game I have seen them play in a while and Sayles making the game clinching play, what more could you ask for?

Yep, we stole the lunch money from a special needs kid and are bragging about it today. Well done. Let's see how we do next week against a kid that can fight back and punch you in the mouth. This place will be either ecstatic or suicidal after that one.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Being there live, I would say not impressed by Manziel. He can run but man he throws a lot of ducks and off his back foot a lot.

saw a few of his plays with the Browns, that's what he did there as well.

Won't work. I guess he's still going with what worked for him in college.

Edmonton is going to be one tough son-of-a-biscuit to crack...I'd say we need all hands on deck and am a little concerned about Harris and Bighill....We aren't going anywhere without those two playing a 100 percent....I thought Wild looked alright for the most part filling for Bighill but he's no Biggie...Concerning for sure BUT after that bad slide and that little spark we got last night...can we build it into something bigger...Time for the real Blue Bombers to stand up...….or fold the tent and stand down...We'll see

To sum up a lot of posters on this thread:

- Nichols still sucks

- O Shea sucks

-LaPo is the worst OC in the league

- Hall is the worst DC in the league

- Our offense is bad

- Our defense is bad

- Our special teams/kicker is bad

Me? Well, I'm just glad we won. We needed this game. We still got problems, sure. But at the end of the day it's a W, and I'm happy for that!