Game Day Thread- Week Fifteen, GAME 13: Als @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers September 2, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

He would be if he could make contested catches the way we see other receivers do all the time. He can't.

Very few deep threats are forced to make contested catches consistently. They are fast guys who strive at getting past coverage so the catches don’t need to be contested. Adams isn’t a burner but he’s very good at getting open deep. 

6 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Demski is bad with contact too. Arguably worse than Adams. 

To a point though it's more understandable with Demski given the size difference between the two. Demski also provides positive things through special teams and the running game, so personally it's a bit easier I feel to live with that - though yes of course given its professional football you'd like to see him survive contact a little more. Hopefully as his career progresses that will come around. At this point in his career, Adams is what he is.

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Flanders is a good RB - got to be ways to make the ratio work. 

Again, two backs means a receiver sits, hasn't been used since Mike Kelly was here. Before that when all other teams last used it over 20 years ago. Flanders will play I'm sure if Harris or Demski can't go. An extra Canadian (likely Couture) goes to guard & Neufeld slides out to tackle.hardrick sits. Hardly a great way to make the ratio works.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, Mark H. said:

Ok, the spin on CJOB about Manziel is just a tad over the top. Man, Bob & Doug used to be more realistic. 

I honestly can't pay much attention to anything Bob says. Brown is better.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

All our receivers look bad in this offense. There's no stretching the field.

There's a reason for that. Recall the play to Adams just before the half to set up the touchdown - Nichols put EVERYTHING he had in into the ball, and it was only a 45 yard pass. Minimal arm strength. 

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The deep one right into his hands? That was not under thrown, Adams even had to reach into it. Problem was he dropped it cause the db was on him. I excusable. Were a few ugly drops on catchable balls again.

That DB made a great play at the right time on that ball. That definitely wasn’t a drop. Sometimes the Play is made by the other team

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The deep one right into his hands? That was not under thrown, Adams even had to reach into it. Problem was he dropped it cause the db was on him. I excusable. Were a few ugly drops on catchable balls again.

Properly thrown, Adams catches that in stride and the DB never gets a chance to touch it or Adams until Adams is in the end zone.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

There's a reason for that. Recall the play to Adams just before the half to set up the touchdown - Nichols put EVERYTHING he had in into the ball, and it was only a 45 yard pass. Minimal arm strength. 

It was a great pass. He should get some credit..after all the flak

24 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

What an uninspiring game by an offense that had something to prove. Bleh.

I'll be shocked if we win more than one game the rest of the way.

I thought the offence played well once they figured out to do without Harris and Demski.

nicholls came up with a game changing drive fir a field goal to give the blue a 10 point lead and capped it off with the big play to Tompkins.

i thought he was back to his old form in the 4th and kudos to them for overcoming some big injuries.